Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield rollcall 11:00 - Sep 29 with 1832 viewspennblue

We need to be on it tomorrow - home crowd will be hopeful, skipper is out, we need to BRING IT - full voices please tomorrow and more non stop singing please Blue Action - we got a job to do.

COYB

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:09 - Sep 29 with 1791 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, daughter's first away game as well.... so no pressure on her...!

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:32 - Sep 29 with 1769 viewspennblue

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:09 - Sep 29 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, daughter's first away game as well.... so no pressure on her...!

Make sure she listens to this on the way up: ABBA - Voulez-Vous !!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:36 - Sep 29 with 1757 viewsGlasgowBlue

Myself and Glasser Jnr will be there. Big TWTD meet up in the Gasworks car park.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:53 - Sep 29 with 1733 viewsMetal_Hacker

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:36 - Sep 29 by GlasgowBlue

Myself and Glasser Jnr will be there. Big TWTD meet up in the Gasworks car park.

What time is that ?

I’m parking at the Gas Works so would be good to meet a few others
[Post edited 29 Sep 2023 11:57]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Huddersfield rollcall on 12:10 - Sep 29 with 1689 viewsSitfcB

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:53 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

What time is that ?

Think the time was put in the WhatsApp group.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

[Redacted] on 12:30 - Sep 29 with 1633 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Huddersfield rollcall on 12:33 - Sep 29 with 1624 viewsMetal_Hacker

Huddersfield rollcall on 12:10 - Sep 29 by SitfcB

Think the time was put in the WhatsApp group.

Great if you’re in the group Sitters

I need to subscribe then as another northern attendee

Huddersfield rollcall on 13:34 - Sep 29 with 1512 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Making the trip. Haven’t been to Huddersfield since Zeki Fryers day.

Going to be a tough one, but this team can do it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield rollcall on 15:25 - Sep 29 with 1389 viewsGlasgowBlue

Huddersfield rollcall on 11:53 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

What time is that ?

I was joking. But it looks like all TWTD drivers are parking there.

Any idea which pub most of our fans will be gathering in?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Huddersfield rollcall on 15:32 - Sep 29 with 1355 viewsMetal_Hacker

Huddersfield rollcall on 15:25 - Sep 29 by GlasgowBlue

I was joking. But it looks like all TWTD drivers are parking there.

Any idea which pub most of our fans will be gathering in?

I think there were a few places mentioned in YorkshireBlue's post

I'll have a look again later / tomorrow

YorkshireBlue's Guide to Huddersfield by yorkshireblue 26 Sep 2023 15:49
I used to live in Huddersfield – and made the journey back to Ipswich regularly as I had a season ticket at the time – so thought I could give a few pointers.

- If you SatNav is anything like mine, it’ll give you choice of the A1 or M1 – take the A1 option
- With the train strikes on, I’m guessing most people will be driving – in which case I’d recommend the Gas Works for parking. Whist the club is now closed (which is a shame as it was great for a pre-match beer) it looks as if it has been taken over by the club and you need to book to park there - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/huddersfieldtown/EDP/Event/Index/3055?position=6. Like many stadiums there are businesses which offer parking in their car parks along St Andrews Road which are normally cash on the day. I believe the Turnbridge Working Men’s Club also allows parking.
- If you are getting the train, then allow 20/25 mins to walk to the stadium. The Head of Steam at the station is a great pub;
- Away fans are welcome in The Yorkshire Rose (which will be rammed unless there early) and the Boy and Barrell. The Rope Walk, which is the closest pub to the ground is a designated home pub – but even if you’re not wearing colours I wouldn’t bother. It’s rubbish at the best of times and I imagine the queues at the bar will be heaving. Some of the other pubs will not be welcoming to away fans and are best avoided… general rule of thumb - avoid any that are advertising strippers on a midweek lunch time.
- Anyone staying longer, The Magic Rock Tap, The Parish, The Grove and Rat & Ratchet are nice places for a drink. Anyone wanting breakfast then https://www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/ (which is a fair way out of town) is a good option.
- Depending which direction you come from https://www.marstonschickenshop.co.uk/ is well worth a pre-match visit (or the detour)…
- Whatever you do – don’t ask someone if they call it a roll/bap/barm/teacake as they have VERY strong opinions on this and you’ll be stuck there for hours

If anyone has any specific question fire away and I’ll try and help but it’s been several years since I went back.

[Redacted] on 16:44 - Sep 29 with 1281 viewsvictorywilhappen

Huddersfield rollcall on 15:32 - Sep 29 by Metal_Hacker

I think there were a few places mentioned in YorkshireBlue's post

I'll have a look again later / tomorrow

YorkshireBlue's Guide to Huddersfield by yorkshireblue 26 Sep 2023 15:49
I used to live in Huddersfield – and made the journey back to Ipswich regularly as I had a season ticket at the time – so thought I could give a few pointers.

- If you SatNav is anything like mine, it’ll give you choice of the A1 or M1 – take the A1 option
- With the train strikes on, I’m guessing most people will be driving – in which case I’d recommend the Gas Works for parking. Whist the club is now closed (which is a shame as it was great for a pre-match beer) it looks as if it has been taken over by the club and you need to book to park there - https://www.eticketing.co.uk/huddersfieldtown/EDP/Event/Index/3055?position=6. Like many stadiums there are businesses which offer parking in their car parks along St Andrews Road which are normally cash on the day. I believe the Turnbridge Working Men’s Club also allows parking.
- If you are getting the train, then allow 20/25 mins to walk to the stadium. The Head of Steam at the station is a great pub;
- Away fans are welcome in The Yorkshire Rose (which will be rammed unless there early) and the Boy and Barrell. The Rope Walk, which is the closest pub to the ground is a designated home pub – but even if you’re not wearing colours I wouldn’t bother. It’s rubbish at the best of times and I imagine the queues at the bar will be heaving. Some of the other pubs will not be welcoming to away fans and are best avoided… general rule of thumb - avoid any that are advertising strippers on a midweek lunch time.
- Anyone staying longer, The Magic Rock Tap, The Parish, The Grove and Rat & Ratchet are nice places for a drink. Anyone wanting breakfast then https://www.yummyyorkshire.co.uk/ (which is a fair way out of town) is a good option.
- Depending which direction you come from https://www.marstonschickenshop.co.uk/ is well worth a pre-match visit (or the detour)…
- Whatever you do – don’t ask someone if they call it a roll/bap/barm/teacake as they have VERY strong opinions on this and you’ll be stuck there for hours

If anyone has any specific question fire away and I’ll try and help but it’s been several years since I went back.

[Redacted]
Huddersfield rollcall on 17:18 - Sep 29 with 1218 viewskeighleyblue

Yep will be parking in the Gasworks car park then heading to the Sportsman Beerhouse
Huddersfield rollcall on 17:22 - Sep 29 with 1212 viewsHTown

[Redacted] on 16:44 - Sep 29 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Rope Walk is currently shut - sounds like it will be sold to the new owner for development.

There is a FanZone very close to it which will have numerous food/drink stalls, activities for kids and the early KO on a big screen. Or you have the follwoing...

Real Ale Pubs: Kings Head, Head of Steam, The Sportsman, Rat & Ratchet, Boy & Barrell, The Grove, Magic Rock Brewery

Family & Food: The Yorkshire Rose (get in early)

Sports: Williams Bar

Taking the Missus: Vox, Voda

All within a 10-15min walk to the ground, that's without mentioning the pubs on the main streets in the Town center where there is many more options - and not much further, if at all....

'Spoons: The Cherry Tree
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024