Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Octopus electricity charge just went up?? 13:33 - Jul 3 with 1864 viewsnodge_blue

I was expecting to see my daily charge fall from 1 July as the price cap was lowered - but my electricity went up quite a lot instead.

On their website....

It is important to note that this drop in the price cap will come into effect at the same time as the end of the Energy Price Guarantee.

This is the subsidy that the government has been providing UK energy bill payers since October 2022 (Without the Energy Price Guarantee, a typical annual bill would be £3,280 under the Ofgem Energy Price Cap).

So, now im thinking that it's all a con - as Im paying more than ever. We had a normal Sunday with washing machine on and oven on for dinner and the electricity for the day was over £7 !!

Even if it average out at £5 a day that's going to be £150 a month just on electricity!

Anyone else finding this?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 13:54 - Jul 3 with 1760 viewsusm

Hang on, let me get this right.
You think the Govt capping energy bills and subsidising your energy bills is a con?

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 14:01 - Jul 3 with 1707 viewsnodge_blue

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 13:54 - Jul 3 by usm

You think the Govt capping energy bills and subsidising your energy bills is a con?

No the publicity around it would be a fall in prices is the issue - for me.

But this could be that im on economy 7 rates and the day time rate is much higher than standard I just saw. Maybe we just did too much washing. Maybe I need to switch to standard as we don't have economy 7 heating.

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 14:50 - Jul 3 with 1574 viewsBlueBadger

Well, the government are no longer boosting their record profits, so now we're supporting their record profits directly, rather than indirectly.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 14:52 - Jul 3 with 1564 viewsBlueBadger

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 13:54 - Jul 3 by usm

It kind of is, given that it's being funded directly by taxpayers when it should have been(and should still) be funded by a windfall tax on their record profits of the last two years.

I'm sure it is pure coincidence that many Tory MPs have received donations from the utility companies.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 16:00 - Jul 3 with 1446 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 14:50 - Jul 3 by BlueBadger

Well, the government are no longer boosting their record profits, so now we're supporting their record profits directly, rather than indirectly.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 14:51]

In fairness it’s the oil majors making a killing, hence so many suppliers went t1ts up. Octopus claim to have never made a profit, and all surplus capital is reinvested. I’m not sure whether that’s been independently fact checked though…
Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 16:04 - Jul 3 with 1425 viewsDJR

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 16:00 - Jul 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

In fairness it’s the oil majors making a killing, hence so many suppliers went t1ts up. Octopus claim to have never made a profit, and all surplus capital is reinvested. I’m not sure whether that’s been independently fact checked though…

There was clearly something wrong with the market which allowed what were opportunists to enter it (withh no hedging and the like), and we are now paying higher electricity bills to pay for costs of the bailout of the failed companies.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:05]
Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 16:30 - Jul 3 with 1363 viewsfactual_blue

No.

I'm with Octopus on the flexible tariffs for both gas & electric and both have gone down by 17%.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 18:46 - Jul 3 with 1209 viewsBlueBadger

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 16:04 - Jul 3 by DJR

There was clearly something wrong with the market which allowed what were opportunists to enter it (withh no hedging and the like), and we are now paying higher electricity bills to pay for costs of the bailout of the failed companies.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2023 16:05]

What we should have done is taken those failed firms into the state ownership.

Login to get fewer ads

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 06:49 - Jul 4 with 930 viewsnodge_blue

There's probably limited interest in my energy bill, but my electricity consumption for monday on the octopus app is showing as 10p. So something odd is going on......maybe a readjustment for the weekend.

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 08:32 - Jul 4 with 792 viewsDJR

Octopus electricity charge just went up?? on 06:49 - Jul 4 by nodge_blue

There's probably limited interest in my energy bill, but my electricity consumption for monday on the octopus app is showing as 10p. So something odd is going on......maybe a readjustment for the weekend.

Can you check whether the app has the correct unit prices and standing charges? Or maybe Octopus Energy just can't cope administratively with an additional 1.5 million extra Bulb customers, the transfer of which was completed on 30 June.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 8:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024