Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portable air conditioners 18:25 - Jul 16 with 1466 viewsBent_double

Anyone got one at home?

I'm looking to buy one for a bedroom, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations from personal experience? As with everything nowadays, there seem to be loads on the market, different prices, different features, great reviews, rubbish reviews, it's difficult to decide on one!

I've got a budget between £300-£400, 9000btu or 12000btu rated, room approx 5m x 5m, low running costs and environmental costs ideally, oh and not too noisy.

I've got a few makes in mind (Inventor, Haverland, Midea, De'Longhi), but if anyone's got any others, I'd be interested to hear....cheers.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Portable air conditioners on 18:36 - Jul 16 with 1414 viewsNthQldITFC

Air conditioning, the ultimate environmental paradox.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Portable air conditioners on 18:48 - Jul 16 with 1389 viewsBent_double

Portable air conditioners on 18:36 - Jul 16 by NthQldITFC

Yes, I know.....don't make me feel more guilty

Portable air conditioners on 19:08 - Jul 16 with 1329 viewsbelgablue

I've got two. Live in a new house that's built to new eco standards etc. It's great in winter but the hottest place on earth in the summer. I got an AEG one and does the job - tend to put it on a timer just when I go to bed so it doesn't cost big bucks to run.

Good luck finding an energy efficient one. I'm not sure they exist.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Portable air conditioners on 19:10 - Jul 16 with 1321 viewsfactual_blue

You want to sleep in a portable air conditioning unit?

Are you the size of an ant?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Portable air conditioners on 19:17 - Jul 16 with 1306 viewsBluespeed225

Got one for the daughter who's Type 1 diabetic. 250 from Argos 3 years ago, juicy to run, but a bit of a life saver for her. Last years hottest day period, first week of July I think, she really struggled,, without it I dread to think. Cools a 1 bed flat well enough. We've had enough close calls, so it was a no brainer.
Portable air conditioners on 19:28 - Jul 16 with 1285 viewsDaninthecampo

We have proper ac and portable ac, how much is a proper system? Much more efficient and quieter. The portable ones are very noisy!
If thats not an option then go for the biggest most powerful unit,then use at medium or low as this will be quieter than full power for a smaller unit.
Quite often you can use it for a few hours to cool the room down then turn it off and sleep in silence
We have a de Longhi which is good
Portable air conditioners on 19:29 - Jul 16 with 1281 viewsBent_double

Portable air conditioners on 19:08 - Jul 16 by belgablue

I've got two. Live in a new house that's built to new eco standards etc. It's great in winter but the hottest place on earth in the summer. I got an AEG one and does the job - tend to put it on a timer just when I go to bed so it doesn't cost big bucks to run.

Good luck finding an energy efficient one. I'm not sure they exist.

Cheers, the ones I've looked at are all A-rated at least, but no better. I guess that's the key, just to take the heat out of the room before you sleep, probably not necessary to run all night long.

Portable air conditioners on 19:49 - Jul 16 with 1240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Portable air conditioners on 18:36 - Jul 16 by NthQldITFC

Air con and fans apparently account for 20% of all buildings energy use globally. Dull fact of the day, assuming it’s correct.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024