Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe pigott situation 18:34 - Jul 16 with 6461 viewsNutkins_Return

It really does baffle me how there isn't a scramble to sign Joe Pigott. Clearly he will be available for free. It's a fantastic opportunity for a mid table league one team to grab a quality striker at that level. Didn't work for us as we were able to go big in the market and never quite clicked. But he's proven. If he plays consistently he's a massive asset in league one. Presumably he's talking to clubs and will be allowed to leave free - most likely similar to Harper where I imagine we agree a pay off so he isn't out of pocket with the lower wages he'll earn. (No issue with Joe not wanting to lose his wages - he's not come from earning millions and he needs to make as much as he can for the future).
Joe pigott situation on 18:39 - Jul 16 with 4717 viewsDevereuxxx

My read on the situation is that we gave him a relatively high wage so he's trying to find a solution which won't enormously slash his wages but will let him play football.

Mutual termination seems a case of when and not if, once all parties have their ducks in a row.
Joe pigott situation on 18:44 - Jul 16 with 4667 viewsBlueBadger

It's quite simple. He's on big wages and is crap.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joe pigott situation on 19:00 - Jul 16 with 4566 viewstractorboy1978

Joe pigott situation on 18:39 - Jul 16 by Devereuxxx

My read on the situation is that we gave him a relatively high wage so he's trying to find a solution which won't enormously slash his wages but will let him play football.

Mutual termination seems a case of when and not if, once all parties have their ducks in a row.

Precisely that. We will be wanting the best possible deal we can for him, i.e the one where we have to pay him off the smallest amount. I’m sure he has a few proposals but us, him and his new club have to all be happy with the deal. Imagine we have a figure in mind we’d be willing to pay him off.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:02]
Joe pigott situation on 19:08 - Jul 16 with 4492 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Joe pigott situation on 19:00 - Jul 16 by tractorboy1978

Precisely that. We will be wanting the best possible deal we can for him, i.e the one where we have to pay him off the smallest amount. I’m sure he has a few proposals but us, him and his new club have to all be happy with the deal. Imagine we have a figure in mind we’d be willing to pay him off.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:02]

Whatever happens he won't be here, may be another loan may be a termination I'm sure the club must be working out what's cheapest for us.

I suspect most clubs can't afford him and understandably he'll want to maximise this next 12 months because it's the biggest contract he'll ever have.

Ideal would be Wrexham looking at him as a marquee signing

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Joe pigott situation on 19:11 - Jul 16 with 4456 viewsFixed_It

Joe pigott situation on 18:44 - Jul 16 by BlueBadger

Just because it doesn't work out for a player at a club doesn't automatically make them 'crap'. I hope he finds himself a club and regains his confidence/form.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:12]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Joe pigott situation on 19:15 - Jul 16 with 4398 viewstractorboy1978

Joe pigott situation on 19:08 - Jul 16 by BlueandTruesince82

Whatever happens he won't be here, may be another loan may be a termination I'm sure the club must be working out what's cheapest for us.

I suspect most clubs can't afford him and understandably he'll want to maximise this next 12 months because it's the biggest contract he'll ever have.

Ideal would be Wrexham looking at him as a marquee signing

Gillingham have a bit of money and could do the same. Imagine they are more likely to chuck money at him than a L1 club.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:15]
Joe pigott situation on 19:15 - Jul 16 with 4400 viewsgtsb1966

Did you not read the bit about being a good signing for a mid table league one club....which he would be.
Joe pigott situation on 19:26 - Jul 16 with 4289 viewsNutkins_Return

You got one bit right. Then you went 'silly'. That's me being nice.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe pigott situation on 20:55 - Jul 16 with 3986 viewsSharkey

Joe pigott situation on 19:15 - Jul 16 by tractorboy1978

Gillingham have a bit of money and could do the same. Imagine they are more likely to chuck money at him than a L1 club.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:15]

Seems the obvious place for him to go. He's from Kent, and they're paying L1 salaries in L2.

I could add that today Robbie Cowling, the Colchester chairman, mentioned that L1 chairmen have all been commenting that L2 clubs are splashing the cash on many of the players that the L1 clubs are after. (In other words, Pigott would be far from alone if he chose a League 2 club even though courted by League 1 clubs.)
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 22:36]
Joe pigott situation on 06:34 - Jul 17 with 3538 viewsWarkystache

Sheffield Wednesday are desperate for players. He'd have competition with Michael Smith for a regular spot though.

Other than that, Gillingham I s'pose.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Joe pigott situation on 07:53 - Jul 17 with 3363 viewsBiGDonnie

Presumably you've not seen him play much? He's far from quality and I'd be surprised to see him get 10 goals in a full season at league two level.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Joe pigott situation on 07:54 - Jul 17 with 3356 viewsBiGDonnie

Joe pigott situation on 19:11 - Jul 16 by Fixed_It

Just because it doesn't work out for a player at a club doesn't automatically make them 'crap'. I hope he finds himself a club and regains his confidence/form.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 19:12]

Her really is cr&p though...

COYBs

Joe pigott situation on 08:03 - Jul 17 with 3313 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Joe pigott situation on 07:53 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Presumably you've not seen him play much? He's far from quality and I'd be surprised to see him get 10 goals in a full season at league two level.

Far from quality in League One? His stats in this league prior to joining us had been quite good.
Joe pigott situation on 08:07 - Jul 17 with 3298 viewsBiGDonnie

Joe pigott situation on 08:03 - Jul 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Far from quality in League One? His stats in this league prior to joining us had been quite good.

4 goals in 35 appearances for a decent side last season. Think he had one decent season and then we decided to give him way too much of a weekly wage. Don't dislike the bloke, but if we went into a League 1 season with him as an option I'd be disappointed.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 8:17]

COYBs

Joe pigott situation on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 3208 viewsWD19

Joe pigott situation on 07:53 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

Despite him getting 20 in a season at League One level last time he was a regular starter and no issues with age or serious injury since!?

Please show me your working.
Joe pigott situation on 08:29 - Jul 17 with 3188 viewsBiGDonnie

Joe pigott situation on 08:26 - Jul 17 by WD19

Despite him getting 20 in a season at League One level last time he was a regular starter and no issues with age or serious injury since!?

Please show me your working.

He was a regular starter last season and scored 4 goals in one of the better sides.

COYBs

Joe pigott situation on 08:33 - Jul 17 with 3167 viewsRobTheMonk

When I saw him play vs Oxford, he looked amateur at best in the system we played and was more of a hinderance to our attacks.

Not to say that a different system wouldn't suit him, but I wasn't impressed with what I saw.
Joe pigott situation on 08:35 - Jul 17 with 3156 viewsSwansea_Blue

He hit his straps at Wimbledon, but that seems to be a bit of a fluke for the poor bloke. Pre- and post that, it's easy to see why clus aren't queuing up.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Joe pigott situation on 08:38 - Jul 17 with 3132 viewsWickets

No surprise that some on here say he' ! Not very good same thing was being said about Harness of late ! Confidence is enormous in football and if another manager can build Joe's Confidence he can be as asset at League 1 .
Joe pigott situation on 08:53 - Jul 17 with 3081 viewsKievthegreat

Joe pigott situation on 08:29 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

He was a regular starter last season and scored 4 goals in one of the better sides.

He wasn't a regular starter.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-pigott/leistungsdaten/spieler/251831/plus/1?

He started 9 games and made 26 sub appearances. He averaged 28mins per appearance.

Fun stat, he had a better goals per minutes ratio than League 1 Player of the Year Aaron Collins.
Joe pigott situation on 08:57 - Jul 17 with 3043 viewsBiGDonnie

Joe pigott situation on 08:53 - Jul 17 by Kievthegreat

He wasn't a regular starter.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-pigott/leistungsdaten/spieler/251831/plus/1?

He started 9 games and made 26 sub appearances. He averaged 28mins per appearance.

Fun stat, he had a better goals per minutes ratio than League 1 Player of the Year Aaron Collins.

Nice one, didn't do too bad then I suppose. Says a lot if he couldn't get in the side though.

COYBs

Joe pigott situation on 09:02 - Jul 17 with 3013 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Joe pigott situation on 08:07 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

4 goals in 35 appearances for a decent side last season. Think he had one decent season and then we decided to give him way too much of a weekly wage. Don't dislike the bloke, but if we went into a League 1 season with him as an option I'd be disappointed.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 8:17]

Wrong. You have got this completely wrong. He has had more than one good season for Wimbledon in this league.
Joe pigott situation on 09:14 - Jul 17 with 2964 viewsBiGDonnie

Joe pigott situation on 09:02 - Jul 17 by Mach_foreignBlue

Wrong. You have got this completely wrong. He has had more than one good season for Wimbledon in this league.

He's crap but each to their own innit, The fact he's being linked with a solitary league two club says it all.

Not gonna spend Monday morning arguing over carthorse Piggott!

COYBs

Joe pigott situation on 09:19 - Jul 17 with 2929 viewsKeno

Joe pigott situation on 09:14 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

He's crap but each to their own innit, The fact he's being linked with a solitary league two club says it all.

Not gonna spend Monday morning arguing over carthorse Piggott!

what would you like to spend Monday morning arguing about?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 9:24]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Joe pigott situation on 09:19 - Jul 17 with 2933 viewsDubtractor

Joe pigott situation on 08:35 - Jul 17 by Swansea_Blue

He hit his straps at Wimbledon, but that seems to be a bit of a fluke for the poor bloke. Pre- and post that, it's easy to see why clus aren't queuing up.

This.

I'm really not sure why people are getting so defensive about this. Can see why we took a chance with him, but he was poor for us, and struggled at Pompey last season too. Seems like he found a team and system that worked for him at Wimbledon, but outside that there really isn’t much to get excited by.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024