Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stevenage injury time 17:12 - Aug 5 with 826 viewsFrimleyBlue

Total of 22 minutes apparently overall

That's a bit much.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stevenage injury time on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 766 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s been brought in to stop the sh1thousing.

And given Steve Evans is Stevenage’s manager, their fans had better get used to it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 17:24]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Stevenage injury time on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 765 viewsSharkey

It reminds me a bit of a book called 'Freakonomics' which told how a kindergarten got sick of parents turning up late to pick up their kids , so decided to impose fines on parents who did so, Result? Parents showed up later and later, because their guilt was assuaged by paying the fine. Players will now think they're not stealing from the paying punters, and will take longer and longer. Midweek games in particular will be awful.
Stevenage injury time on 18:11 - Aug 5 with 604 viewsBigCommon

I guess if a team is losing by the odd goal, they'll be ok with added time? Would make sense for officials to use some discretion if one team is getting tonked 4 or 5 nil, though...
Thing with s/housing is that it isn't so much the game time that gets lost. But the momentum it destroys when a team is getting on top in a game.. Adding 10 minutes onto a match, won't give that momentum back for the team that was taking control of a game in the 60th minute, for instance..
S/housers will still s/house, until they a walking a five match ban, tightrope, ala Morsy last season. Imo.
Stevenage injury time on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 572 viewsCoastalblue

I think it's a good thing, if sides are going to waste that much time then make sure they have to play it anyway.

Of course it won't last because it's not going to work with TV schedules. You can make allowances for 5-6 minutes extra running time, 20 and the TV companies will be squealing, unless it's agreed to have an add break after every 5 minutes of added on time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Stevenage injury time on 18:29 - Aug 5 with 531 viewsFreddies_Ears

Probably spot on, judging by their continual time-wasting against us the other week. I am sure their manager took it well...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024