Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm feeling educated 09:45 - Aug 25 with 2184 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

After more than 50 years of following ITFC and watching countless matches up and down the country, I can honestly say that over the past 18 months I have understood so much more about the game. McKenna says in his interviews that he wants to educate the fans, and he is doing it brilliantly, explaining some of the tactics that we then see on the pitch. For example he wants all fans to understand that the playing out from the back is something we need to enjoy and be comfortable with - and if there are collective groans echoing around the stadium, that has a negative impact on the players. The official EFL podcast interview is excellent.

Poll: would you rather

Same here on 09:50 - Aug 25 with 2112 viewsDyland

He really is, genuinely, properly, a bona fide 'breath of fresh air'. A generally meaningless statement applied too hastily or plainly incorrectly all too often but in this case, bang on.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm feeling educated on 10:01 - Aug 25 with 2021 viewswhymark4lazio0

Here's linkto EFL podcast featuring KM

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

I'm feeling educated on 10:37 - Aug 25 with 1864 viewsDyland

I'm feeling educated on 10:01 - Aug 25 by whymark4lazio0

Here's linkto EFL podcast featuring KM

Jesus, we're lucky to have this bloke at the helm. Nice one Ashton.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm feeling educated on 12:05 - Aug 25 with 1671 viewsnodge_blue

I thought his observation was spot on that if the keeper kicks it long and we lose possession that leads to an opposition goal, that doesn't get registered with the crowd.

Let's be fair, sooner or later we will conceded a goal from the passing out and McKenna says that. But its all about percentages and we win more than we lose for adopting this style.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I'm feeling educated on 12:55 - Aug 25 with 1551 viewsstrikalite

Would love to ask him if he'd still play out from the back on mid winter pitches in the 80's even 90's, be genuinely interested to hear what his thoughts would be..
I'm feeling educated on 13:31 - Aug 25 with 1444 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s probably been asked before but I wonder to what extent his lack of playing career spurs him on to be the best manager he can be. Missed out on so much as a player with his injuries. The Town in 5 from Barnsley away, right at the end, arms aloft to the 5,000 Town fans who are loudly singing his song. Must make a man feel 100ft tall.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm feeling educated on 14:02 - Aug 25 with 1357 viewsKeno

I'm feeling educated on 13:31 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

It’s probably been asked before but I wonder to what extent his lack of playing career spurs him on to be the best manager he can be. Missed out on so much as a player with his injuries. The Town in 5 from Barnsley away, right at the end, arms aloft to the 5,000 Town fans who are loudly singing his song. Must make a man feel 100ft tall.

Funny you say that Illy, I’ve had the same thought and I wonder how much that will play a part in wanting him to stay here.

It clearly seems to mean something to him

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I'm feeling educated on 14:40 - Aug 25 with 1297 viewsSwansea_Blue

The only time I've experienced something similar is when Brendan Rodgers was down here at Swansea. And that's not so surprising, as he and McKenna followed a similar trajectory with both being students of the game and coaches since injury forced them to retire in their early 20s. Plus they both share that curiosity, intensity and attention to detail in their preparation.

Even during our last sustained successful period, through the buildup and ultimate success attained in 1999/00 and 2000/2001, we didn't get the same sort of insight from Burley. It is rather marvelous. These periods are so rare; we should make the most of it as fans as you never know when/if you'll see it again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm feeling educated on 15:33 - Aug 25 with 1219 viewsKropotkin123

Yeah, it was a lot more interesting than I expected. Thought it would be standard interview questions/ responses.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I'm feeling educated on 15:44 - Aug 25 with 1205 viewsPlums

I'm feeling educated on 14:40 - Aug 25 by Swansea_Blue

The only time I've experienced something similar is when Brendan Rodgers was down here at Swansea. And that's not so surprising, as he and McKenna followed a similar trajectory with both being students of the game and coaches since injury forced them to retire in their early 20s. Plus they both share that curiosity, intensity and attention to detail in their preparation.

Even during our last sustained successful period, through the buildup and ultimate success attained in 1999/00 and 2000/2001, we didn't get the same sort of insight from Burley. It is rather marvelous. These periods are so rare; we should make the most of it as fans as you never know when/if you'll see it again.

That's a good parallel with clear differences between them - for some reason I doubt Kieran has an enormous photo of his own face on his lounge wall but I could be wrong...
I think our man's a genuinely humble one.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

I'm feeling educated on 16:43 - Aug 25 with 1104 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm feeling educated on 15:33 - Aug 25 by Kropotkin123

Yeah, it was a lot more interesting than I expected. Thought it would be standard interview questions/ responses.

The thing with KM is that even when gets asked generic questions, he gives interesting answers. He can turn even the most mundane interview into a fascinating listen/read.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I'm feeling educated on 17:36 - Aug 25 with 1030 viewssolemio

I'm feeling educated on 13:31 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

Be sensible. He's 5ft 7ins.
I'm feeling educated on 20:36 - Aug 25 with 915 viewsCoastalblue

You could have asked Frimmers to explain all this stuff ages ago rather than waiting for McKenna to turn up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024