Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crumbling schools update 09:52 - Sep 5 with 1594 viewsBlueBadger

Jeremy Rhyming-Slang - 'We will do whatever it takes'

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/sep/03/jeremy-hunt-vows-spend-tackle-

Also Jeremy Rhyming-Slang - 'As long as that doesn't mean actually doing something'.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/sep/03/jeremy-hunt-under-fire-after-t

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Crumbling schools update on 12:43 - Sep 5 with 1475 viewseireblue

Yea, see, what you have done there is misunderstood some of the very complex nuances of this, it is a complex area, and not everyone, especially the average voter, will understand all of the technicalities, they are working f******* hard, and it is not the governments fault that elements of the media are misconstruing very specific technical terms….such as…ummm…..“We”
Crumbling schools update on 13:31 - Sep 5 with 1430 viewsBlueBadger

Crumbling schools update on 12:43 - Sep 5 by eireblue

Yea, see, what you have done there is misunderstood some of the very complex nuances of this, it is a complex area, and not everyone, especially the average voter, will understand all of the technicalities, they are working f******* hard, and it is not the governments fault that elements of the media are misconstruing very specific technical terms….such as…ummm…..“We”

Oooh, well played here -

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Crumbling schools update on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 1358 viewsHARRY10

"Only four schools have been refurbished under the government’s main rebuilding programme, despite Rishi Sunak’s promise it would cover 50 a year."

It emerged on Tuesday that the Department for Education (DfE) school rebuilding programme for England launched in 2021 to rebuild 500 schools in a decade – 50 a year, err............... has turned out to be no more than the lying tosh about hospital building spewed out by the bloater.

That's just four schools that have been completed in the past two years. Four, not one hundred.

Perhaps the thickos might wish to consider how many private schools are facing this problem - and whether those schools tax avoiding schemes allow them the money to deal with any problem arising.

To paraphrase the Eton boating song - sung at any election

" Jolly voting weather,
And another Tory wheeze,
Pen on the paper,
Vote for us please,
We all in together,
Though you are on your knees"
Crumbling schools update on 16:21 - Sep 5 with 1343 viewsDubtractor

Crumbling schools update on 13:31 - Sep 5 by BlueBadger

Oooh, well played here -

Astonishing that the tories thought that was a good idea.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Crumbling schools update on 16:29 - Sep 5 with 1338 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oooh, well played here -

I think they said that 95% of schools are not affected.

I always like to reverse statistics like that to see what they really mean.

That would be 5% of school are affected. That is an awful lot of schools.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Crumbling schools update on 16:47 - Sep 5 with 1313 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oooh, well played here -

I don't think that's particularly effective, as all it does for me is make me wonder how big is a "big" shark? And, is being eaten by a little shark really much better than being eaten by a big shark?

Oh yeah, and govt promising to do everything in its powers whilst not exercising its powers is not surprising at all. The term zombie government has been floating around for pretty much the whole time since 2019 (if not the 2017 election) and they don't see to be getting any better. Mind you, the UK govt was a big quicker off the blocks than their counterparts here in Wales, who are still scrabbling round trying to work out how many schools are affected. Although they are also accusing the UK govt of not working with the devolved assemblies on this, which would also be par for the course despite UK govt assurances that they are.

Glegg, er I mean Tories, OUT!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Crumbling schools update on 20:18 - Sep 5 with 1256 viewsBlueBadger

Crumbling schools update on 16:29 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think they said that 95% of schools are not affected.

I always like to reverse statistics like that to see what they really mean.

That would be 5% of school are affected. That is an awful lot of schools.

5% is 1 in 20.

That's 23-24 schools in Suffolk.

Crumbling schools update on 21:09 - Sep 5 with 1233 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Crumbling schools update on 20:18 - Sep 5 by BlueBadger

5% is 1 in 20.

That's 23-24 schools in Suffolk.

9,073,832 pupils in schools in England.

Whilst not all pupils at a RACC affected school are likely to be impacted by this issue all of the time, I still think you can say that all the pupils at such a school will be impacted to some extent.

450,000 pupils in England alone.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Crumbling schools update on 21:29 - Sep 5 with 1212 viewsChurchman

Crumbling schools update on 16:47 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think that's particularly effective, as all it does for me is make me wonder how big is a "big" shark? And, is being eaten by a little shark really much better than being eaten by a big shark?

Oh yeah, and govt promising to do everything in its powers whilst not exercising its powers is not surprising at all. The term zombie government has been floating around for pretty much the whole time since 2019 (if not the 2017 election) and they don't see to be getting any better. Mind you, the UK govt was a big quicker off the blocks than their counterparts here in Wales, who are still scrabbling round trying to work out how many schools are affected. Although they are also accusing the UK govt of not working with the devolved assemblies on this, which would also be par for the course despite UK govt assurances that they are.

Glegg, er I mean Tories, OUT!

The tories are not interested. Let’s face it, people like JRM don’t think that anyone who’s not been to Eton and Harrow shouldn’t have the vote.

Education? People in their right place. The ‘rough’ were happier when children weren’t educated and went straight to work or starved. Kept the looms free of cotton and the chimneys clear. The blacking factory was in full vigour (see David Copperfield - the factory where Dickens worked was actually in Villiers St, what is now Embankment).

5% crumbling schools? Doesn’t matter to them. If it did, little weedy man Sunak would not have reduced the number of schools for repair to a paltry 50. Interesting that Dickens 180 odd years ago had a far greater sense of right and wrong than the current government scum. Progress, huh?
Crumbling schools update on 21:45 - Sep 5 with 1194 viewsHARRY10

Crumbling schools update on 21:29 - Sep 5 by Churchman

The tories are not interested. Let’s face it, people like JRM don’t think that anyone who’s not been to Eton and Harrow shouldn’t have the vote.

Education? People in their right place. The ‘rough’ were happier when children weren’t educated and went straight to work or starved. Kept the looms free of cotton and the chimneys clear. The blacking factory was in full vigour (see David Copperfield - the factory where Dickens worked was actually in Villiers St, what is now Embankment).

5% crumbling schools? Doesn’t matter to them. If it did, little weedy man Sunak would not have reduced the number of schools for repair to a paltry 50. Interesting that Dickens 180 odd years ago had a far greater sense of right and wrong than the current government scum. Progress, huh?

You could imagine the cries from the then righties - thick workers protesting against reform.

The Factories Act 1881 would be denounced as Health and Safety gone mad. Dr Barnado would be slated for his politically correct actions and George Peabody condemned for promoting wokiness.

]i]"if it were not for thems the likes of hus would be in rags, half starved and 'uddled 13 to a room, gawd bless 'em is wot I says"
Crumbling schools update on 22:09 - Sep 5 with 1178 viewsHARRY10

Oooh, well played here -

no one died

Crumbling schools update on 22:33 - Sep 5 with 1167 viewsChurchman

Crumbling schools update on 21:45 - Sep 5 by HARRY10

You could imagine the cries from the then righties - thick workers protesting against reform.

The Factories Act 1881 would be denounced as Health and Safety gone mad. Dr Barnado would be slated for his politically correct actions and George Peabody condemned for promoting wokiness.

]i]"if it were not for thems the likes of hus would be in rags, half starved and 'uddled 13 to a room, gawd bless 'em is wot I says"

There was a lot of objection to the Factories Act at the time just as there was to every reform that potentially harmed profit. That of course included slavery’s final abolition in Britain in 1832. Trade Unions arose through the actions of very brave men and women. They were fiercely resisted whether it be Bryant & May’s Matchgirls or Dock Workers.

On topic, Bazalgette’s great sewer was only built in London after the stench got too great for the people in the HoC to bear (The Great Stink). It had little to do with care about public health. Bazelgette was considered a bit of a radical. It is interesting that one of the great Victorian engineers has few memorials. No statues. Just his engineering and a little plaque on the Embankment and a little blue one in North London.

The upper class in Victorian Britain promoted the idea of removable inequalities. They basically spread the lie that people could move between classes through hard work, ingenuity and travel to find work. Sounds familiar? Get on your bike? Get a second job? Work harder? It was of course utter rubbish then as it is now.

Entrepreneurs like the Ironmasters and engineers could and did make money, but were never accepted into the Establishment. Your children? New money. Grandchildren? Possibly. The controllers of wealth and power jealously guarded it and they do to this day.

So government neglect on everything is right in line with what they are and what they believe in. The latest scandal? No surprise. But people I know will still vote for them. Fortunately not enough to save them from a wipeout.
Crumbling schools update on 23:22 - Sep 5 with 1145 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crumbling schools update on 21:29 - Sep 5 by Churchman

Yeah, they’re extremely divorced from reality. I wouldn’t be opposed to there being a requirement for politicians to use the state funded services for themselves and immediate families. It might help focus a few minds on the priorities. If they genuinely thought they were doing a good job they shouldn’t be opposed to using the services they oversee.

Crumbling schools update on 08:38 - Sep 6 with 1066 viewsSwansea_Blue

What’s happened to the BBC? I see they’re now openly critical of the government in a way they weren’t during much of the Brexit/Covid/Johnson period. This isn’t the first article lately to point out their failures so openly and play them against Labour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-66723054

Crumbling schools update on 08:47 - Sep 6 with 1057 viewsgiant_stow

Crumbling schools update on 08:38 - Sep 6 by Swansea_Blue

What’s happened to the BBC? I see they’re now openly critical of the government in a way they weren’t during much of the Brexit/Covid/Johnson period. This isn’t the first article lately to point out their failures so openly and play them against Labour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-66723054

Linked to that, I read some columnist (can't remember which) make the point that ITV may not have played Gillian Keegan's sweary comments the other day, if it wasn't for an 'end of the road' vibe about the current govt. Or in other words, everyone knows the Tories are a busted flush, so no need to be nice to them anymore.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Crumbling schools update on 09:03 - Sep 6 with 1041 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crumbling schools update on 08:47 - Sep 6 by giant_stow

Linked to that, I read some columnist (can't remember which) make the point that ITV may not have played Gillian Keegan's sweary comments the other day, if it wasn't for an 'end of the road' vibe about the current govt. Or in other words, everyone knows the Tories are a busted flush, so no need to be nice to them anymore.

Yes, could well be right.

I thought that event was a bit off tbh. Maybe it could be considered a breach of trust in that environment around the interview? I dunno - maybe their attitude also needs to be highlighted for all to see however it’s revealed (I don’t mind the sweaty bit; but their self serving nonsense stinks).

Crumbling schools update on 09:07 - Sep 6 with 1035 viewsgiant_stow

Crumbling schools update on 09:03 - Sep 6 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, could well be right.

I thought that event was a bit off tbh. Maybe it could be considered a breach of trust in that environment around the interview? I dunno - maybe their attitude also needs to be highlighted for all to see however it’s revealed (I don’t mind the sweaty bit; but their self serving nonsense stinks).

Know what you mean on all fronts there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Crumbling schools update on 11:31 - Sep 6 with 966 viewsChurchman

Crumbling schools update on 08:47 - Sep 6 by giant_stow

I think there’s an element of that, but I think that 13 years of lies, bogus ideology, greed and epic incompetence have left them with nowhere to hide. That means broadcasters have nothing but that to reflect on. That excludes the fruitloop fringe like GB News of course.

I think the govt got an easy ride during Covid because nobody knew what the impact would be. Genuine fear. The fact that plenty of tories used Covid as a mechanism to fill their boots says all you need to know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024