Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After match scenes yesterday 10:47 - Sep 17 with 2275 viewspatrickswell

Yesterday was the first away game I’d been to since Exeter last November. Then, the away following were in sullen mood at Sky moving the game to 12 noon and the memories of the dropped points at Charlton and against Cheltenham were hanging over things. My last in person game was Forest Green Rovers at Portman Road - Game 1 in the incredible run that has followed, but back then a game we had to win in order to try and pull back a seemingly relentless Plymouth and Champions elect Sheffield Wednesday.

What a journey everyone has been on since then and the scenes at the end showed me what so many of you have enjoyed in the last 21 games. The reaction of the team towards the fans was like nothing I’ve ever seen. Of course everyone’s enjoying it, because it’s going well, but I really got the sense of just how team and fans have been feeding off each other’s energy over these last 6 months. Conor Chaplin was looking at us with something close to awe. The sense that this is what they play for, the roar and acclimation of the crowd.
But the one who really caught my eye was Brandon Williams. Now, in all his publicity shots since arriving here, he’s generally had a face like a slapped arse. One fan behind me talked about him looking like he had a bit of an attitude, when he came on. And things went so badly for him during the Norwich loan that he Instagrammed a photo of himself giving the word Norfolk the finger. But yesterday, after the game, he was wreathed in smiles at the end and like Conor was looking at us afterwards in a way that suggested, “Yeah, I think I could feel at home here.” So much so, that he turned away towards the dressing room and then turned back to take in the sight again.

Small moments and I know I’m projecting - they could have been looking at us thinking, “They paid 39 quid to come here - what a bunch of mugs!” but if we keep that bond up, especially when/if hard times come around, we will be in a very good place indeed.
After match scenes yesterday on 11:08 - Sep 17 with 2112 viewsKeno

Chappers made reference to the fans in the recent video he did marking his 100 games and in particular a moment right at the end of the Barnsley game.

Keiran was stood, arms aloft, in front of the fans and to the side you can see Conor who said 'he wanted take in the moment as it was something special'

Not sure what I mean .... oh ok then look at this at about 5.40 (or just watch it all.... again)

[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 11:16]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

After match scenes yesterday on 11:22 - Sep 17 with 2004 viewsRyorry

As I can’t go to games these days, little nuggets like that which you don’t get in match reports are absolutely treasure to me in getting the whole picture, so thank you (Keno too) 👍

Poll: Time of the annunciation

After match scenes yesterday on 13:32 - Sep 17 with 1643 viewsBluespeed225

After match scenes yesterday on 11:08 - Sep 17 by Keno

Chappers made reference to the fans in the recent video he did marking his 100 games and in particular a moment right at the end of the Barnsley game.

Keiran was stood, arms aloft, in front of the fans and to the side you can see Conor who said 'he wanted take in the moment as it was something special'

Not sure what I mean .... oh ok then look at this at about 5.40 (or just watch it all.... again)

I really do think that spell from Charlton to Exeter is up there with any of my time supporting Town, and I include those Robson years. Really felt united from pitch to terraces. From the goal fest of Charlton, the nerve shredding of Port Vale, and then those must win away games putting it our own hands. Joyful.
After match scenes yesterday on 14:34 - Sep 17 with 1351 viewsDJR

After match scenes yesterday on 11:08 - Sep 17 by Keno

Both McKenna and Chaplin really lapped it up yesterday, much in the same way as the Barnsley game. Indeed, it took quite some time for the players and staff to head to the dressing room.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 14:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024