Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear 22:00 - Oct 4 with 5062 viewsunstableblue

1. Leicester
2. Town
3. Preston
4. Sunderland
5. West Brom
6. Leeds

7. Norwich
8. Cardiff
9. Hull
10. Saints

Obviously Preston will drop out soon… definite. Suggest Norwich and Saints will replace them. Saints are beginning to win. And Brum and Boro should push up given quality.

West Brom probably the other team to drop out.

Sunderland for me look very good and are not too dissimilar to us in style, and let’s face it they dominated us in the opener at times.

Leicester will just pull away, they’ve two 11s of better quality than most teams. And manager will further settle.

I’d expect Leeds also to settle and get stronger.

I do believe we can stay in the top 6; top 2 probably too much of a stretch. January business is a factor.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 23:04]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:03 - Oct 4 with 4075 viewsJohnTy

I would expect Middlesborough to be there or thereabouts. After a very poor start they are only 5 points behind the chasing pack.
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:15 - Oct 4 with 3963 viewsNthQldITFC

I honestly can't see Norwich anywhere near the top 6 at the end of the season, and neither can almost all of the denizens of the Oinkun. They have a few decent players, and one really good one, but every time I've seen them they've badly lacked cohesion and team spirit.

The defence, in particular, looks dreadful - big and strong, but slow, and unathletic. I think they've ridden their luck in a few of the games I've seen, and that they're currently half a dozen places or more above their natural position in the division.

Their only chance I think, would be a change of manager. A decent manager would be able to get a bit more out of that squad, but they'd need to make that change before they get too far adrift, and I don't think they can afford it, or have the stomach for it.

Shame.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 3938 viewsWicklowBlue

There are 6 teams on 16 points sharing 5th place, another 4 teams just 2 points off 5th. Too early to say the table is becoming clear...going to be a lot of change.

However we've built a 5 point gap to 3rd, sod the rest we just need to keep getting results and adding points.
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:20 - Oct 4 with 3912 viewsunstableblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:15 - Oct 4 by NthQldITFC

I honestly can't see Norwich anywhere near the top 6 at the end of the season, and neither can almost all of the denizens of the Oinkun. They have a few decent players, and one really good one, but every time I've seen them they've badly lacked cohesion and team spirit.

The defence, in particular, looks dreadful - big and strong, but slow, and unathletic. I think they've ridden their luck in a few of the games I've seen, and that they're currently half a dozen places or more above their natural position in the division.

Their only chance I think, would be a change of manager. A decent manager would be able to get a bit more out of that squad, but they'd need to make that change before they get too far adrift, and I don't think they can afford it, or have the stomach for it.

Shame.

If Carrick can get Boro going again then I’m sure they’ll take Norwich’s berth.

I do think Norwich have some strengths… but I think you’re right their fan base don’t believe in the team

Saints have just had two good wins.. and going to be interesting to see if they can get their season going. They looked to have issues to me.

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 3833 viewsIllinoisblue

Way too early to determine anything. There’s about 15 clubs who on their day can all beat each other. Key is consistency and as you say doing business in January (that might be more relevant for us if Morsy, Mass and Burgess are away)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:35 - Oct 4 with 3794 viewsCols21

"Obviously Preston will drop out soon… definite. Suggest Norwich and Saints will replace them. Saints are beginning to win. Or a late charge from Brum or maybe Boro."

A late charge?! We're not even a quarter of the way through the season yet!
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:41 - Oct 4 with 3743 viewsJ2BLUE

It's clear as mud.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:43 - Oct 4 with 3725 viewsChocorange

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:15 - Oct 4 by NthQldITFC

Shame.

I agree, really poor at the back.

Plus they have already played 7 teams who are 12th and below in the table

Their next 4 games are Away to Cov , Home to Leeds, home to Boro, away to Sunderland

Could be a huge meltdown over the border!
Login to get fewer ads

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:57 - Oct 4 with 3652 viewsBlueBadger

Shame.

I have no idea if Oinkun is a typo/autocrrect or deliberate but I like it either way.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:05 - Oct 4 with 3609 viewsunstableblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:35 - Oct 4 by Cols21

"Obviously Preston will drop out soon… definite. Suggest Norwich and Saints will replace them. Saints are beginning to win. Or a late charge from Brum or maybe Boro."

A late charge?! We're not even a quarter of the way through the season yet!

Agree - have updated original post

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:05 - Oct 4 with 3590 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think the top 6 will end up something like this

Leicester
Ipswich
Leeds
Sunderland
Hull
Southampton

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:32 - Oct 4 with 3491 viewsunstableblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:41 - Oct 4 by J2BLUE

It's clear as mud.

I’ll bet you £20 the top 6 will include Sunderland, Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich come the end of the season!?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:38 - Oct 4 with 3457 viewsSwansea_Blue

36 games to go…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:53 - Oct 4 with 3399 viewsXYZ

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 22:30 - Oct 4 by Illinoisblue

Way too early to determine anything. There’s about 15 clubs who on their day can all beat each other. Key is consistency and as you say doing business in January (that might be more relevant for us if Morsy, Mass and Burgess are away)

January business will be;

"form an orderly queue if you'd like your career to take off"
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:57 - Oct 4 with 3384 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:32 - Oct 4 by unstableblue

I’ll bet you £20 the top 6 will include Sunderland, Leicester, Leeds and Ipswich come the end of the season!?

Out of interest, can anyone have that bet? I’d take it considering it’s odds against for Sunderland alone (17/10 with Paddy Power) to make the top 6 and Leeds are around 2s on. We’re as short as 1/9 for top 6 admittedly and Leicester 1/33. But for all four on those prices, your evens poke is just the wrong price. Am happy to get involved anything up to £150 at that Evens price you’re offering if you’re game?

Combine the 4 and it’s probably around a 2/1 poke by my reckoning.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:21 - Oct 5 with 3308 viewsunstableblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:57 - Oct 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Out of interest, can anyone have that bet? I’d take it considering it’s odds against for Sunderland alone (17/10 with Paddy Power) to make the top 6 and Leeds are around 2s on. We’re as short as 1/9 for top 6 admittedly and Leicester 1/33. But for all four on those prices, your evens poke is just the wrong price. Am happy to get involved anything up to £150 at that Evens price you’re offering if you’re game?

Combine the 4 and it’s probably around a 2/1 poke by my reckoning.

Leicester - 1/25
Ipswich - 1/7
Leeds - 2/7
Southampton - 10/11
Sunderland - 11/10

Think the bookies are with me!

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:24 - Oct 5 with 3297 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:21 - Oct 5 by unstableblue

Leicester - 1/25
Ipswich - 1/7
Leeds - 2/7
Southampton - 10/11
Sunderland - 11/10

Think the bookies are with me!

But you’ve offered evens for all 4? So your odds are wrong. 17/10 available for Sunderland alone but you’re offering Evens for Sunderland AND three others?

As I said, I’m happy taking the bet here up to £150. Name your amount and I’d take it.

For what it’s worth I think all four will make the top four but on your odds, the bet for any of four to miss out at evens is a superb bet.

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:29 - Oct 5 with 3278 viewsunstableblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:24 - Oct 5 by The_Romford_Blue

But you’ve offered evens for all 4? So your odds are wrong. 17/10 available for Sunderland alone but you’re offering Evens for Sunderland AND three others?

As I said, I’m happy taking the bet here up to £150. Name your amount and I’d take it.

For what it’s worth I think all four will make the top four but on your odds, the bet for any of four to miss out at evens is a superb bet.

So if those 4 make the top 6 you’ll give me a £150?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 02:41 - Oct 5 with 3171 viewsIllinoisblue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 23:53 - Oct 4 by XYZ

January business will be;

"form an orderly queue if you'd like your career to take off"

Indeed. With the Athletic calling us “the most exciting team in England” we shouldn’t have to sell ourselves too much to potential new players.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 03:27 - Oct 5 with 3145 viewswhymark4lazio0

My guess at top 5 (in no particular order)

The relegated 3- Leeds, Saints & Leicester

Sunderland- Top 6 last season (first season out of league One) and are more experienced and stronger (e.g. Bellingham) this season

Ipswich (obvs)

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 04:50 - Oct 5 with 3116 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 00:29 - Oct 5 by unstableblue

So if those 4 make the top 6 you’ll give me a £150?

Yes. On the proviso that you will give me £150 if any of them miss out. Doesn’t matter which of the four. Could be any or all of them.

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 07:48 - Oct 5 with 2826 viewsWestcountryblue

We need to get as bigger head start as possible.
10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 08:39 - Oct 5 with 2723 viewsBiGDonnie

Nothing's definite. Calm yourself down and take each game as it comes.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 09:13 - Oct 5 with 2642 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

We said last season that our style of play under KM would be better suited to Championship than L1. And so it would seem.
We have the best squad spirit and depth we have ever had. Everyone has complete belief in KM, he has the midas touch. And we still haven't seen Walton, Tuanzebe and only a glimpse of Scarlett. Then there's January.
AFCON /Asia will test us but everything shouts that we're the real deal, I don't see us dropping below 2nd unless some sort of iceberg hits us.

Poll: would you rather

10 games in and the top 6 is becoming quite clear on 09:21 - Oct 5 with 2621 viewsbaxterbasics

I think Leeds will be threatening the top 2 spots come January. Nodge are destined for mid table.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024