Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson 07:04 - Jan 14 with 1284 viewsDeliasMashedPotato

Had a cracking performance and played the hirst role really well. Took his finish well for his goal and watching him off the ball was a real handful and unlucky not to win more freekicks after a few suspect elbows. You could have honestly told me it was hirsty on the pitch. Well done kayden.
Jackson on 07:06 - Jan 14 with 1248 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Agree, he is a top man, stepped up superbly.

Poll: would you rather

Jackson on 07:09 - Jan 14 with 1234 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m always early to mention KJ in the small bucket of players that we could improve but when he delivers these performances which he is capable of he looks much better.

Let’s see how many games we get this KJ now he probably gets a run of games.

I’m certainly appreciative of the work he does on pitch, on training pitch it’s the old enigma of not being clinical regularly. Good on him for the performance when he’s been persistently written off, that’s a hard place to operate!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Jackson on 09:13 - Jan 14 with 983 viewsDJR

According to the BBC, his goal rate at 0.31 per 90 is on a par with Hirst's at 0.32. Not bad for a player who many on here regularly criticise.
Jackson on 09:35 - Jan 14 with 883 viewsBloomBlue

But the prawn sandwich/entitled Town fans don't like him because he didn't cost millions and he's not championship level.

The finish for his goal was as good as any you'll see at PR this season. The only place he could put it if he wanted to score was top corner to the keepers left and he placed it perfectly, in a split second.
If we had got Stansfield last week or another strike for a few million and they had scored that goal those same fans would be jigging one out and shouting 'told you so and that's why Jackson's not good enough'

The one classic situation was Sunderland trying to play it out in a crowed area, Jackson comes in from behind the Sunderland player with a perfect tackle which leads to a half chance
Jackson on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 801 viewsJimmyJazz

Sky made some comparison of Jackson to Darwin Nunez, it was along the lines of consistently puts in great effort, lots of running without getting the amount of goals expected

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Jackson on 10:03 - Jan 14 with 777 viewsNutkins_Return

Jackson on 09:35 - Jan 14 by BloomBlue

But the prawn sandwich/entitled Town fans don't like him because he didn't cost millions and he's not championship level.

The finish for his goal was as good as any you'll see at PR this season. The only place he could put it if he wanted to score was top corner to the keepers left and he placed it perfectly, in a split second.
If we had got Stansfield last week or another strike for a few million and they had scored that goal those same fans would be jigging one out and shouting 'told you so and that's why Jackson's not good enough'

The one classic situation was Sunderland trying to play it out in a crowed area, Jackson comes in from behind the Sunderland player with a perfect tackle which leads to a half chance

? He cost £1.6 million and is one of the most expensive players in our squad.

Love Jackson because he's a town player and he gives everything when he plays. Has some good attributes like his pace. But he is limited and of course we will need a n upgrade in the striker role. I think most say this respectfully (always one of two who.don't of course). I think Freddie will go and Jackson continue his important squad role for us.
Jackson on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 747 viewsNutkins_Return

Jackson on 09:13 - Jan 14 by DJR

According to the BBC, his goal rate at 0.31 per 90 is on a par with Hirst's at 0.32. Not bad for a player who many on here regularly criticise.

This is interesting because easy to look at goals per game which is harsh for Jackson given sub appearances sometimes a few mins. Hurst also.regularly plays 65-70 mins only.
Agreed on 10:06 - Jan 14 with 747 viewsDyland

For balance, and with the caveat that I like what Kayden DOES bring and never yell gripes at him, he's been here a while and his inconsistency (of technique mainly) means performances like yesterday are the exception not the rule. I'm unusually positive and forgiving when it comes to Town players though and wouldn't be surprised if Kayden goes on a little streak if given the chance (now is the time). But what do I know.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Agreed on 10:20 - Jan 14 with 680 viewsWickets

Agreed on 10:06 - Jan 14 by Dyland

For balance, and with the caveat that I like what Kayden DOES bring and never yell gripes at him, he's been here a while and his inconsistency (of technique mainly) means performances like yesterday are the exception not the rule. I'm unusually positive and forgiving when it comes to Town players though and wouldn't be surprised if Kayden goes on a little streak if given the chance (now is the time). But what do I know.

For me they are different types so we have to play differently without Hirst as he can play with his back to goal Jackson can't do that .As an example our first goal against Norwich Hirst assist , Kayden did well yesterday and long may it continue,as many have said his. effort is always first class .
Jackson on 10:20 - Jan 14 with 677 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle. He had a good game, and took his goal well. I like him he’s a useful squad player always gives 110pc, and his pressing is far better than Freddie’s. But let’s not go overboard, he is a limited player and he’s no Hirst. Before his injury Hirst had provided 12 direct goal involvements in 23 games. He’s a big miss and big shoes for his replacement to step into. Let’s no go overboard with th Jackson love in, he’s stepped up but we need better if we want to keep pressure on the automatics.
Jackson on 10:27 - Jan 14 with 641 views_clive_baker_

I don’t think he’s the best footballer in the world, certainly not as natural or technically gifted as Hirst, but he deserves credit where it’s due. That’s Leeds, Leicester and Sunderland now where he’s played through the middle and he’s held his own. Works his nuts off, presses well, and in fairness yesterday that was a really good goal. Reacted so sharply and finished it brilliantly. There’s a lot he could do better and sometimes he makes some questionable runs off the ball which Hirst is so much more intelligent at in creating the space for Broadhead and Chaplin. Jackson is definitely the best / only option of our current available squad to play in the 9 though.

Really hoping we can strengthen this week. Ladapo is rightly done here, and as much as I like Broadhead, I don’t see that working for us stylistically. He’s so good technically, such a good touch, good balance, creative, I love watching him, I just don’t see a world where he’s stretching defences and physically capable of playing that role effectively.

We’ve got good depth everywhere else, especially if Williams can get up to speed. Hirsts injury is an absolute fecker. Need some help up top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024