Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... 14:36 - Feb 10 with 862 viewsNthQldITFC

...looking at both attacking and defensive stats over the last three games we must be the unluckiest side in the world.

It will come good again, persevere everybody.

COYB!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 790 viewsbilllm

Why wait until the end,
Oh I know half the team are to pedestrian predictable, the subs are young brave and the shackles are off,
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:42 - Feb 10 with 769 viewsGlasgowBlue

We said the same about the Preston second half. We can't keep gifting teams the first half.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:43 - Feb 10 with 767 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:41 - Feb 10 by billlm

Why wait until the end,
Oh I know half the team are to pedestrian predictable, the subs are young brave and the shackles are off,

Or it could be that the game opens up and we can build dominance when a team has had to chase us around the pitch for 60 minutes.
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:51 - Feb 10 with 744 viewscbower

Just felt he waited far too long with the substitutions. Burns, and I love him, showed nothing. No real intention to run his man beyond the first 20 minutes and his touch was poor throughout. Hutch should have been on at 60 for me. Harness not the one I'd have brought on with Sarmiento chomping at the bit. Al Hamadi needs more minutes. Ok, it might need a change of formation to get Moore and Al Hamadi on for 25 minutes but so be it. Sometimes a change is needed isn’t it? We all criticised Paul Cook when he rigidly stuck to a formation didn’t we? Hladky should have done better for the second and Wolf was abysmal for the opener. Reading this back it's a bit of a moan I know. Just can’t allow myself to let the last 10 minute onslaught mask the fact we allowed them to control us too much as we were too slow and played infront of them for too much of the game.

bluescouser

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 713 viewsbilllm

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:43 - Feb 10 by redrickstuhaart

Or it could be that the game opens up and we can build dominance when a team has had to chase us around the pitch for 60 minutes.

Or it could be some are out of form and have found their level
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 704 viewsbluejacko

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:51 - Feb 10 by cbower

Just felt he waited far too long with the substitutions. Burns, and I love him, showed nothing. No real intention to run his man beyond the first 20 minutes and his touch was poor throughout. Hutch should have been on at 60 for me. Harness not the one I'd have brought on with Sarmiento chomping at the bit. Al Hamadi needs more minutes. Ok, it might need a change of formation to get Moore and Al Hamadi on for 25 minutes but so be it. Sometimes a change is needed isn’t it? We all criticised Paul Cook when he rigidly stuck to a formation didn’t we? Hladky should have done better for the second and Wolf was abysmal for the opener. Reading this back it's a bit of a moan I know. Just can’t allow myself to let the last 10 minute onslaught mask the fact we allowed them to control us too much as we were too slow and played infront of them for too much of the game.

Got to be time to change it a bit with the new blokes! Can’t keep everyone a head start before we even begin to compete
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:02 - Feb 10 with 665 viewsRyorry

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:51 - Feb 10 by cbower

Was going to agree until you mentioned ‘control us’ at the end of your post.

The TownTV stats are astonishing - anyone reading them who hadn’t seen the game would think we’d totally dominated from start to finish. 65-35 possession; 21-5 shots; 5-2 shots on target; 9-3 corners; 32-10 crosses; 339-96 attacking passes!
[Post edited 10 Feb 15:04]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:12 - Feb 10 with 618 viewsRyorry

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:02 - Feb 10 by Ryorry

The TownTV stats are astonishing - anyone reading them who hadn’t seen the game would think we’d totally dominated from start to finish. 65-35 possession; 21-5 shots; 5-2 shots on target; 9-3 corners; 32-10 crosses; 339-96 attacking passes!

Someone doesn’t like the stats?!

Login to get fewer ads

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:37 - Feb 10 with 564 viewsstonojnr

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:02 - Feb 10 by Ryorry

How many of those shots came in injury time though ?

Plus a number of teams lately have demonstrated you don't need lots of shots at goal, you only need the couple to go in to count.

How about a stat about how many goals Town concede within the first 20 mins of games this season ?

It didn't matter when we outscored the opposition easily, but we are consistently giving ourselves a big disadvantage nearly every game now.
Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 538 viewsRyorry

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:37 - Feb 10 by stonojnr

How many of those shots came in injury time though ?

Plus a number of teams lately have demonstrated you don't need lots of shots at goal, you only need the couple to go in to count.

How about a stat about how many goals Town concede within the first 20 mins of games this season ?

It didn't matter when we outscored the opposition easily, but we are consistently giving ourselves a big disadvantage nearly every game now.

I don’t disagree at all, was pointing out how astonishing those stats were. There’s another thread on other sides’ recent 7/7 shots on target scored compared with ours, which is of course an issue.

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 15:56 - Feb 10 with 524 viewsNthQldITFC

I make you right with all of those points, but at the same time it's hard to be critical at this point, because all of those options have worked well through most of the season. Get out of this slump and we'll be firing again, using all of those options and others.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 16:00 - Feb 10 with 504 viewsReusersTown

Not a great performance, good signs towards the end, BUT... on 14:42 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

We said the same about the Preston second half. We can't keep gifting teams the first half.

To be fair did we? Or did the ref?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024