Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irrespective of us being in the PL or not 02:36 - May 2 with 748 viewsBuffaloBill

I am returning from overseas in September for 3 weeks and obviously want to catch at least 2 or 3 games (my wife has only been once - she's the reason I'm no longer in the UK!)

Anyway was looking for advice on the best way to secure tickets, obviously few go on general sale and I want to try and secure prior to travelling.

Any websites where our tickets appear - or do we not support these services as a club?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 02:43 - May 2 with 723 viewsStenvict

I'd say your best bet is befriending someone that has a ST and won't be attending. Otherwise, I think it'll be virtually impossible, as tickets rarely make it to General Sale these days.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 04:43 - May 2 with 617 viewsIllinoisblue

Best bet will be to post on here when you know what games you’ll be in town for; you may get lucky and find a ST holder willing to offer up their seat.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 06:15 - May 2 with 560 viewsITFCSG

Posting on the Ipswich Facebook groups - been there done that - or on here seems your best bet.

The Club should in fact, set aside 10-20 tickets every match specifically for overseas supporters to purchase in advance with proof of travel (and preferably, evidence of being a Town fan to stamp out tourists especially if we make it to the EPL)
Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 06:35 - May 2 with 525 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

For home games - usually the answer would be to buy a membership and you’d be in the first priority when tickets go on sale

However that was changed for the Hudds game with a requirement added to have attended 5 games, and then 2 in the next window. They didn’t make it past that

If the matches attended requirement stays in (based on this season obviously) then you’ll be in beg/steal/borrow territory but personally I’d be surprised if that happens, ok for a one off match but completely closing the shop as a permanent policies. My prediction is the membership price will either be hiked or tweaked slightly with either some sort of tiering or preference system (eg. you can get extra priority for x matches but choose which ones)

For away you’ll have no chance normally, but as others have said it’s worth contacting the club, and failing that socials

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 10:30 - May 2 with 342 viewsHighgateBlue

Irrespective of us being in the PL or not on 06:35 - May 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

For home games - usually the answer would be to buy a membership and you’d be in the first priority when tickets go on sale

However that was changed for the Hudds game with a requirement added to have attended 5 games, and then 2 in the next window. They didn’t make it past that

If the matches attended requirement stays in (based on this season obviously) then you’ll be in beg/steal/borrow territory but personally I’d be surprised if that happens, ok for a one off match but completely closing the shop as a permanent policies. My prediction is the membership price will either be hiked or tweaked slightly with either some sort of tiering or preference system (eg. you can get extra priority for x matches but choose which ones)

For away you’ll have no chance normally, but as others have said it’s worth contacting the club, and failing that socials

Yes I think if people buy membership and then get sod all for it, that would not be a good look. Especially given the Catch 22 - if you haven't been to a match you don't have eligibility to go to a match...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024