Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's say MM goes on Monday 09:44 - Jan 8 with 902 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Let's assume he resigns, ME takes, what? A week at best to appoint?
That takes us up to the 16th, which gives any new man less than 2 weeks to identify and get targets in the door.

Agree there needs to be a change, but unless TC is appointed until the end of the season then a change now could potentially make things even worse.

And if you're appointing TC then it's likely to just be more of the same.

MM out at the end of the season for me, and then a ITFC man in, (maybe McGreal?) until then, let's hope he can turn it around.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 887 viewstaximan

but then any new manager only has pre season to assess the squad, maybe give mick until christmas...............................
Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 800 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 09:46 - Jan 8 by taximan

but then any new manager only has pre season to assess the squad, maybe give mick until christmas...............................

eh?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:29 - Jan 8 with 772 viewsjas0999

Completely irrelevant.mick won't walk away from a seven figure pay day. Evans won't sack him.

My prediction is we will beat awful Blackburn by a scrappy last minute goal and the club will come out, stick two fingers up, and spout a load more spin. Probably how the team doesn't need strengthening. It's a very sad situation.
Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 745 viewspointofblue

It depends what Evans is doing at the moment - is he actively scouting and taking to managers? I seem to recall Keane was hired the day after Jim was sacked or something like that. Admittedly the gaps between Keane and Jewell/Jewell and McCarthy were greater.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:35 - Jan 8 with 721 viewsTractorWood

In my eyes the longer it's left the longer it will take for us to recover. It initially looks ridiculous that he's getting another transfer window but maybe we'll find another gem not playing in a Prem academy or a player carrying someone in league 2.

ME said in the 'big interview' (that wasn't an interview) that getting rid of MM will cost loads and cause lots of upheaval. Reading between the lines I think that means meander along, let the compensation reduce, finish bottom half, spend no money in January and try do something in the summer before season tickets come up for renewal to present an acceptable picture.

That said, if we are in serious danger of relegation, I think he might act.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:35 - Jan 8 with 715 viewsSuperfrans

I'd be amazed if he went this week. Blackburn could be a further tipping point. But ME knows MM is his best bet for not getting relegated. The question for ME may be whether he goes for broke with signings, believing we need them to stay up, but risking that a new manager in the summer might not fancy them - or whether he holds into his cash and gives it to that new manager.

My guess is that this will end in April, 8-6 games from the end of the season, when we're safe from relegation. Mick will go and a new man will come in.

As for McGreal, we should be wary of hiring someone who has had a successful 6-10 games as a manager. ColU were doing v badly before that. And I just can't imagine ME choosing a manager based on his former relationship with the club.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:35 - Jan 8 with 716 viewsjas0999

Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:31 - Jan 8 by pointofblue

It depends what Evans is doing at the moment - is he actively scouting and taking to managers? I seem to recall Keane was hired the day after Jim was sacked or something like that. Admittedly the gaps between Keane and Jewell/Jewell and McCarthy were greater.

Keane was already in place prior to Jim being sacked. The way ITFC conducted themselves was shameful. Jim deserved better and that's from someone who wasn't a fan of him as a manager - cracking player though. However, that's Evans for you. Doesn't care.
Let's say MM goes on Monday on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 697 viewsKieran_Knows

ME won't appoint another manager from a club (where he has to pay compensation, including compensation for new managers backroom staff), and quite frankly, what up and coming young manager would come here at the moment?

We would be looking at an out of work manager, probably Gary Rowett, but even then, I don't see how our fortunes would change under him as his style of play is the same as Mick's.

I personally think Mick will stay till May, where there will be a mutual departure from the club. We really then need to look down the leagues, I.e Derek Adams at Plymouth, John McGreal at Colchester*, or maybe Nathan Jones at Luton, and really look to rebuild and regroup from there.

*my only concern with McGreal, is whilst Colchester sit in the play offs right now, only a month or so ago they were sitting just above the relegation spots (after having a bright start to the season). They always seem to me like they've got a real bad run in them. Let's see how he does across this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024