Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget about all this football nonsense 16:35 - Jan 9 with 1220 viewsDolly2.0

If you've got access to Netflix, you need to be watching The OA. Absolutely brilliant. Started watching it yesterday and we ended up doing 5 episodes back to back we were so hooked.

I won't give too much away but the basic premise is a woman returns to the town she disappeared from 7 years previously. She can't, or won't, say what happened to her or where she's been all this time. Also she was blind when she disappeared and can now see.

Very dark, very well written and an excellent idea for a story when the reason for her disappearance is revealed.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:37 - Jan 9 with 1196 viewshype313

Who did you watch it with?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:40 - Jan 9 with 1178 viewsfactual_blue

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:37 - Jan 9 by hype313

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:40 - Jan 9 with 1177 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I was going to post the same on here at the weekend. Binge watched it in 2 days and thought it was incredible. been thinking about it since..

It won't be for everyone but from episode 3 onwards it was as gripping as anything I'd seen in recent years and something that felt quite unique in the current plethora of tv dramas, much like watching Stranger Things (or maybe even Westworld) for the first time

Incredibly well produced and lots to ponder whilst I impatiently wait for an announcement of if/when Season 2 will be released. A contender for a lot of awards I expect as well.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 16:41]
Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:27 - Jan 9 with 1105 viewsDolly2.0

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:37 - Jan 9 by hype313

My boyfriend.

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 1099 viewsReuser_is_God

Really? I thought it was sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:35 - Jan 9 with 1080 viewsDolly2.0

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:31 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

Really? I thought it was sh1t.

I can understand something not being someone's 'cup of tea'' for whatever reason. But sh1t? Really?!

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 1079 viewsgreyhound

Forget about all this football nonsense on 16:40 - Jan 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I was going to post the same on here at the weekend. Binge watched it in 2 days and thought it was incredible. been thinking about it since..

It won't be for everyone but from episode 3 onwards it was as gripping as anything I'd seen in recent years and something that felt quite unique in the current plethora of tv dramas, much like watching Stranger Things (or maybe even Westworld) for the first time

Incredibly well produced and lots to ponder whilst I impatiently wait for an announcement of if/when Season 2 will be released. A contender for a lot of awards I expect as well.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 16:41]

Will definately give this a go. Been waiting for a few people to start talking about it to see if it's worth my time. Last night I stupidly decided to start watching 24 having completely missed series one I. Ever bothered picking t up. It's got me hyped I was watching it till 3am.
Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:39 - Jan 9 with 1070 viewsReuser_is_God

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:35 - Jan 9 by Dolly2.0

I can understand something not being someone's 'cup of tea'' for whatever reason. But sh1t? Really?!

Yeah I just thought it was really weird.

I just hate things that are so far fetched & OA was too extreme in that respect.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Forget about all this football nonsense on 18:06 - Jan 9 with 1035 viewsSuperfrans

Started watching it before Xmas, but lost interest after 4/5 episodes. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere? Worth persevering with, obviously... thanks for the tip off.

I'm current ploughing through Homeland now. I watched the first series several years ago but have just spotted Netflix has all series. Almost at the end of season three now. Really brilliant stuff.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Forget about all this football nonsense on 08:56 - Jan 10 with 905 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Forget about all this football nonsense on 17:39 - Jan 9 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I just thought it was really weird.

I just hate things that are so far fetched & OA was too extreme in that respect.

It was a topic that I would usually swerve as I haven't got a lot of interest in it as it tends to be too philosophical (and weird) for my simple tastes, but the production and delivery really make it an intriguing watch
Forget about all this football nonsense on 14:40 - Jan 12 with 788 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Did exactly the same as you. Will finish tonight.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024