Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an awful state we are in... 23:36 - Jan 17 with 484 viewsmos

No obvious ambition
No money
Not enough fans
Not enough consistent good football
No persistent joy
Nothing to cheer for
Constant upset (QPR away p1ssed me off, although was a cracking day out)
No obvious way to go
No hope
Toothless.

I'm only 14, and the greatest thing I've seen at town was the glimpse of promotion when we sneaked into the playoffs. That was thrilling, and football being a huge part of my life meant this was one of my favourite times of my time supporting Ipswich, and some days I'll never forget being a town supporter. Despite the loss, atleast we were doing something.

But now, it's dire. Everything seems fake, Chambers did a fist pump after the Blackburn game, but it didn't feel right, it was almost like he didn't mean it. I'm sure he did, but it was a bit odd. Especially with the current state we are in. Players getting abuse when they get subbed on. McCarthy getting abuse (which is fair enough) for orchestrating the current football scheme. It's a hostile atmosphere, and it feels like we're at the bottom of a dry well trying to get out.

Hostile atmosphere, which is fair enough. But it is truly sad to see this. Problems are in more than one place, and one of them being the owner. There is no obvious path to take, I guess from now we just have to eliminate each problem one by one.

I'll always support the town, I'm not one of those "sod it, we're not doing well, I'll support Manchester United because my uncle lives there, whom I've seen twice." No.
But we've hit an almighty low, this makes me sad ;(

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

What an awful state we are in... on 23:46 - Jan 17 with 453 viewsSuperTommySmith

It's very hard to see any hope, but there are a few bright spots.

Webster, Ward, Kenlock, Emanuel, Dozel.Also Smith to a certain extent, but as you can tell by the username I'm biased.

Webster has been a bright ray of light in a very bad season, so naturally we're devastated by the news of his injury. Ward has faltered after his encouraging start, but there's a good player there. Whilst the two full backs may not be on the same level as Webster, they're promising. Dozzel is only 17, imagine what he'll be like when he's grown a bit more.

I doubt Mick will be sacked soon, but I also very much doubt he will be in charge opening day of the next season. So whist we have to slug out the rest of this season, there is hope to watch these young players develop over the next 18 months hopefully under new management and coaching.

I also look with intrigue to see how Tommy will develop, as whilst he's not a prospect at any length. He will have to take on a new mantle as he becomes one of the most experienced players at the club when people such as Berra ultimately depart.
What an awful state we are in... on 00:03 - Jan 18 with 428 viewsmos

What an awful state we are in... on 23:46 - Jan 17 by SuperTommySmith

It's very hard to see any hope, but there are a few bright spots.

Webster, Ward, Kenlock, Emanuel, Dozel.Also Smith to a certain extent, but as you can tell by the username I'm biased.

Webster has been a bright ray of light in a very bad season, so naturally we're devastated by the news of his injury. Ward has faltered after his encouraging start, but there's a good player there. Whilst the two full backs may not be on the same level as Webster, they're promising. Dozzel is only 17, imagine what he'll be like when he's grown a bit more.

I doubt Mick will be sacked soon, but I also very much doubt he will be in charge opening day of the next season. So whist we have to slug out the rest of this season, there is hope to watch these young players develop over the next 18 months hopefully under new management and coaching.

I also look with intrigue to see how Tommy will develop, as whilst he's not a prospect at any length. He will have to take on a new mantle as he becomes one of the most experienced players at the club when people such as Berra ultimately depart.

You make a good point,
I get what your saying - lets just take positives out of this season and go into next season. This season is done, gather the good parts, leave the crap.

Which there have been good parts, as you've mentioned. Webster, Dozzell, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Ward. This has pretty much been there first proper season in championship football. Hopefully we can get a few more good players, maybe a central midfielder and a striker. And we may be on to something that is currently better than what we've got.

Oh well, doubt we'll go down, doubt we'll go up. Bit of a blank season for us I think. Unless things go terribly wrong.

Worrying thing is, where do we go from now? There's no obvious path to take. There is no passing, we often bypass the midfield (although there is a lot more passing then last season) and straight into the top players. Pass and move is rare, and that's fundamental to all football teams.

Pass and move is the MOST important tactic/system in football. You will find all the good teams do this. Oh well.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024