Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town: A club in crisis 10:44 - Jan 18 with 1028 viewsnewcastlefan1984

I work at the club match days and was born and raised in Ipswich. You probably know me as I am a Newcastle United fan and you may have seen me around town.

I am just upset to see the state of Ipswich Town at the moment.

Like my best mate said, it was not just last night. It is endemic. It has been the whole season. Poor results at home, the same turgid, repetitive attacking football which is ineffective and never works yet Mick thinks it will for some strange reason.

True, Mick has had his hands tied behind his back and I think Evans has been hurt by Jewell and Keane who were frivolous with his money. Surely Marcus Evans after you finished 6th and lost to Norwich, tried to add those 1 or 2 players that could have got you in the automatic spots.

I feel very worried that the stadium is now half-empty every home games, there is no real enticement to go, ticket prices are too high for those who can maybe only go to the odd game and people seem to be resigned to thinking this season is a lost cause.

What do Ipswich aim for now? Mid-table obscurity? Where is the ambition. Marcus Evans has a lot to answer for just as Mike Ashley did for Newcastle.

We protested, we barraged him for answers and finally he spoke out. Ashley has done wrong, a lot wrong at Newcastle but he has left Rafa to do his own thing this season and we have bought great players and are doing reasonably well.

Ipswich for me have to:
1. Reconnect with the fans. What do the board want? Empty seats or bums on seats? Reduce tickets to £10 for adults and £5 for children/under-18. Get the stadium full. Make Portman Road a fortress at least until the end of the season (the £10/5 offer)
2. Sack McCarthy. For me I would bend over backwards to get Gary Rowett or Karl Robinson in, a young manager with ideas or even George Burley
3. Have a £1.5m/£2m transfer budget and try to get pacy wingers, a goalscorer on loan from a Premier League team
Ipswich Town: A club in crisis on 10:48 - Jan 18 with 947 viewsNewcyBlue

Out of interest, why do you support the Toon?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ipswich Town: A club in crisis on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 883 viewsSuperfrans

Agree with your sentiment. Not sure your suggestions will work though.

1. we'd see crowds increase, possibly, but our income would plummet by potentially £2-3m a season.
2. Rowett is Mick lite, Robinson was sacked by MK Dons. Why would anyone decent come to work on the budgets we have?
3. We have a transfer budget of more than £1.5-£2m already. But it's not enough. To even start competing, we need £8-£10m a season, absolute minimum.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Ipswich Town: A club in crisis on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 876 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Ipswich Town: A club in crisis on 10:48 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

Out of interest, why do you support the Toon?

I saw Newcastle on Match of the Day and my Mum, Dad and brother knew of Kevin Keegan and loved the way we played in the early 1990s. Been a fan since 1993/1994.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024