Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The"Spine" of the team............. 08:47 - Jan 19 with 550 viewsbobbyramsey

Pundits often talk about having a strong spine, key players in key positions running right through the middle of the team,from the goalkeeper to the centre backs to central midfield and onto the main striker/centre forward.

I've been trying to spot our "spine" but unfortunately we don't appear to have one,our key players in key positions are all aged, too young, ineffective or injury prone (apart from our goalie)

Hardly surprising we're shyte.
The"Spine" of the team............. on 08:52 - Jan 19 with 528 viewsbadadski

Nailed it, players sold and not replaced and the Previous spine that could be relied upon is getting older and more brittle with every passing game.
The"Spine" of the team............. on 09:00 - Jan 19 with 510 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Bart
Webster
Skuse
McGoldrick

Is our spine, I would say.

One is injured every other week and hasn't been at his best for a couple of years. One is new to the team and has at least shown signs of being excellent and one is a decent championship player, just.

Our problem is that our back-up to that is non-existent , hence why they got beat by Lincoln.
The"Spine" of the team............. on 09:05 - Jan 19 with 496 viewscrunchie1978

Middle of the spine...skuse...says it all really....I doubt he even needs to shower after a game...sideways passing can't really take it out of you...has he ever had muddy knees?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024