Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a look at me, but look at the NHS 17:50 - Jan 30 with 699 viewsElderGrizzly

Had a temperature of 102 for about 3 days and a hacking cough (with blood!), so popped to the GP this morning thinking i'd have a few pills and be on my way back home.

30 mins later was being rushed to hospital with a suspected blood clot on my lung. Given current reports of 6 hour waits at Addenbrookes was not a pleasant thought.

However, arrived, straight to EAU, all tests done within 45 minutes including a scan and treatment administered. All by fantastic staff who are clearly dealing with horrendous mis-managememt and under funding. Not a crack in their good nature, smiling and genuinely warm to everyone in there who were all in a not great way.

Anyway, we need to keep the pressure on this Government and give these people and institutions what they need to do their jobs. I was lucky to get treated so quickly and so well but i know thousands are not so lucky right now.

Now back at home, along with an extra chest infection diagnosis and watching the Ipswich transfer dealings move forward at a frantic pace :)

Save the NHS and f*ck Jeremy Hunt

*cough*
Not a look at me, but look at the NHS on 18:03 - Jan 30 with 651 viewsBlueinBrum

Sorry meant to upvote - fat fingers. Agree with your sentiment & hope you're ok
Not a look at me, but look at the NHS on 18:20 - Jan 30 with 603 viewsIllinoisblue

the NHS is a wonderful instituion that deserves more funding and more respect. Same with the BBC. Living away, you don't know what you've got until it's no longer there for you. The NHS and its "from the cradle to the grave" mantra of care should be protected at all costs.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not a look at me, but look at the NHS on 18:20 - Jan 30 with 602 viewsfactual_blue

Sorry to hear you're poorly. I'm sure Guido's apostle will explain shortly that US healthcare is better.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024