Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lagos- wtf???!!! 19:14 - Mar 2 with 1015 viewsconnorscontract

I've just been reading about Crompton's appeal against his sacking:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/02/hillsborough-families-to-crowdf

The families asked to be represented at this hearing, were turned down, and the Judge then awarded his costs against them. Is that just the costs relating to his Solicitor arguing against them being represented? Or his whole costs for his appeal? The article isn't clear.

Justice again kicks the families in the crotch...

I think this is a football thread but feel free to move it Phil or Gav if you prefer.
Lagos- wtf???!!! on 20:32 - Mar 2 with 908 viewsbluelagos

I think, the £28k is the legal costs just for the hearing mentioned. His legal costs overall will no doubt be significantly higher.

Was chatting yesterday to one of the 5 who is now liable and fair to say they are more than a little bit upset / worried.

Hopefully the crowdfunding will cover the legal expenses and the 5 families involved will be able to sleep a bit easier. Was only set up this afternoon and I saw Joey Barton retweeted it (3m followers) and it is covered now in the Guardian and the Echo.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lagos- wtf???!!! on 20:58 - Mar 2 with 863 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's got some nerve. If I was Compton I'd admit my mistakes and keep a low profile, rather than try to justify what appears to be indefensible.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lagos- wtf???!!! on 21:07 - Mar 2 with 846 viewsbluelagos

Lagos- wtf???!!! on 20:58 - Mar 2 by Swansea_Blue

He's got some nerve. If I was Compton I'd admit my mistakes and keep a low profile, rather than try to justify what appears to be indefensible.

He's seeking a financial payoff. Poor bloke thinks he was hard done by, having lost the confidence of the SY PCC after his legal team was shown up for continuing to seek to push the blame elsewhere.

That said, the bigger culprits were Duckenfield's legal team, the commanders team (Hayes, Jackson and Anderson) and to a lesser extent the Police Fed.

Barton (the SYP) lawyer did make a number of interventions / ask questions that were seen by many as a refusal to take responsibility for the SYP failures.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 21:25]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024