Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good read, a footballer who don't/didn't take himself too seriously 11:53 - Mar 31 with 727 viewshype313

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/brian-kilcline-footballer-coven

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A good read, a footballer who don't/didn't take himself too seriously on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 715 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lovely juxtaposition of the sublime to ridiculous-

"These days they spend half the year at their home in Portugal, where Kilcline has taken up walking football in an over‑50s team and been taught how to weld by a Russian"

...as you do.

That line sums up his life by the sounds of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A good read, a footballer who don't/didn't take himself too seriously on 11:57 - Mar 31 with 712 viewshype313

A good read, a footballer who don't/didn't take himself too seriously on 11:56 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

Lovely juxtaposition of the sublime to ridiculous-

"These days they spend half the year at their home in Portugal, where Kilcline has taken up walking football in an over‑50s team and been taught how to weld by a Russian"

...as you do.

That line sums up his life by the sounds of it.

“I remember doing some painting and decorating in Coventry once. I used to live in Walsgrave and there was a DIY place just around the corner. I went to get some more paint, walked in with Lynn and a couple of lads passed me. One of them said: ‘Oi, mate, you look just like that footballer, Kilcline.’ I said: ‘Yeah, a lot of people say that’, and I just carried on walking. I couldn’t be bothered.”

Brilliant.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A good read, a footballer who don't/didn't take himself too seriously on 12:48 - Mar 31 with 634 viewschicoazul

He was decent too. I remember him playing for NEwcastle against us.
Cant help but think some of these 50+ footballers must be jealous of the money flowing around today. Someone like Kilcline would probably be on 50k a week nowadays instead of having to choose between a car or central heating and incurring Joe Royle's wrath.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024