Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More on ads and what they should align to 11:53 - May 17 with 1077 viewsDolly2.0

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/11/03/lynx-raises-awareness-male-suicide-latest

Now this, to me, is a good idea. Not ideal that it's being done by a deodorant company but then someone's got to pay for it.

Cynical marketing or great that something's being done, regardless?

I, personally, would be proud if I'd got a brand to do this.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

More on ads and what they should align to on 11:57 - May 17 with 1058 viewsGlasgowBlue

That's a strong campaign. Perhaps McDonalds ad would have benefited with cooperation between themselves and a bereavement charity?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 11:57 - May 17 with 1061 views_

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:05 - May 17 with 1037 viewsDolly2.0

More on ads and what they should align to on 11:57 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

That's a strong campaign. Perhaps McDonalds ad would have benefited with cooperation between themselves and a bereavement charity?

Indeed.

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:07 - May 17 with 1030 viewsDolly2.0

on 11:57 - May 17 by _

yeah I know what you mean, it makes me uneasy too. But the sad truth is no-one else is going to pay for such a campaign, so it's better than nothing. The government are cutting spending on mental health, so a brand 'sponsoring' it is the best you can hope for.

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:08 - May 17 with 1020 viewsGlasgowBlue

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:05 - May 17 by Dolly2.0

Indeed.

Adverts, by their very nature, reach millions of people. I think it's admirable that at the same time as doing their job, which is to sell a product that is essentially associated with young men, they can also raise awareness of something that affects so many people in their demographic. Especially as it's a subject a lot of young men don't feel able to talk about openly.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:09 - May 17 with 1020 viewsSwansea_Blue

on 11:57 - May 17 by _

Indeed. Can't we talk about these issues without someone making a buck off the back of it? That's my first thought.

But if we can't, then this is better than nothing I suppose. Very hard for companies to prove they are genuinely philanthropic though. I suppose they could be thoroughly genuine in this ad.

A complex issue and one where you probably need insider info on motivations to get to the bottom of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:10 - May 17 with 1011 viewsDolly2.0

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:08 - May 17 by GlasgowBlue

Adverts, by their very nature, reach millions of people. I think it's admirable that at the same time as doing their job, which is to sell a product that is essentially associated with young men, they can also raise awareness of something that affects so many people in their demographic. Especially as it's a subject a lot of young men don't feel able to talk about openly.

Yep.

And as I alluded to in my OP, such a campaign will cost a few bob. More than a charity like MIND, for example, could afford.

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:16 - May 17 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:10 - May 17 by Dolly2.0

Yep.

And as I alluded to in my OP, such a campaign will cost a few bob. More than a charity like MIND, for example, could afford.

That's a fair observation

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

on 12:19 - May 17 with 983 views_

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:10 - May 17 by Dolly2.0

Yep.

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:37 - May 17 with 964 viewsDolly2.0

on 12:19 - May 17 by _

If they save a few lives too, who cares?!

on 15:32 - May 17 with 934 views_

More on ads and what they should align to on 12:37 - May 17 by Dolly2.0

If they save a few lives too, who cares?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024