Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reserves tonight 21:27 - Aug 29 with 5195 viewsblaggers

Not the best of games, but a few observations -

Wolfie and Webber are good players, nice distribution, calm and composed.
Celina is unlikely to get much game time on this performance - he's too casual, tries to be too clever.
I like Danny Rowe - unselfish, quick, looks to open up play for others, way ahead of Bersant, imho.
Adeyemi and Hyam didn't run the game as I hoped they would. Hyam threw himself into lots of challenges, got booked, but seems fit.

Any other thoughts on tonight?

Poll: What happens next?

Reserves tonight on 21:39 - Aug 29 with 5077 viewslegoman

Superb game tonight. Highly recommend U23 games. We have a good bunch of lads.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Reserves tonight on 21:48 - Aug 29 with 5030 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On Saturday's viewing Celina seems to be one of those players who has to get as many stepovers as possible in before losing the ball !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Reserves tonight on 01:41 - Aug 30 with 4765 viewsmadmouse1959

Wolfie had a good game and the keeper did ok despite getting a dead leg and then moments later.........trying to punt ball up field only to get another twinge. Good keeper though.

shampoo dave

Reserves tonight on 03:20 - Aug 30 with 4735 viewsharlingblue

A thoroughly entertaining game in my opinion.
A few observations:-
Hyam getting back into his stride, having looked way off the pace only a couple of games ago against Crewe U23.
Adeyemi, having his first game, showed moments of good things to come.
Celina has natural ability/flair, will excite and frustrate but is now adding the workrate to his game, linked very well with the excellent Rowe and Folami.
Wolfie fine game at right back.
Reserves tonight on 06:10 - Aug 30 with 4631 viewsLimitlessBlue

Not the best of games, a superb game... amazing how different people see the same game!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Reserves tonight on 07:30 - Aug 30 with 4483 viewsVic

Reserves tonight on 21:48 - Aug 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

On Saturday's viewing Celina seems to be one of those players who has to get as many stepovers as possible in before losing the ball !

Sounds like Ronaldo when he started at Man U! (We can but dream of having someone half as good!)

Personally I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find he doesn't fit in here and goes back to City early. Seems a bit like a big city kid to me, who thinks he's too good for a little town club like ours. Way too flash and casual. I maybe wrong, and hope I am, but his penalty last night, his illnesses (!) and those unsmiling photo's don't fill me with confidence.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Reserves tonight on 07:36 - Aug 30 with 4449 viewsSomethingBlue

Reserves tonight on 07:30 - Aug 30 by Vic

Sounds like Ronaldo when he started at Man U! (We can but dream of having someone half as good!)

Personally I wouldn't be at all surprised if we find he doesn't fit in here and goes back to City early. Seems a bit like a big city kid to me, who thinks he's too good for a little town club like ours. Way too flash and casual. I maybe wrong, and hope I am, but his penalty last night, his illnesses (!) and those unsmiling photo's don't fill me with confidence.

We don't half judge people on here! The kid is ok. It's been a tough start for him, let's leave him alone and let him settle.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Reserves tonight on 08:39 - Aug 30 with 4323 viewsartsbossbeard

Decent game last night, I enjoyed it.

Adeyemi is going to polarise the fans should he get some game time - he's quite languid and looks like he's taking the game in his stride and not over-extending himself. He's got a decent burst of pace though and is comfy on the ball. Hyam did will, I thought, he bustled well.

Celina has got something about him, he's got quick feet and you can see how he attracted attention from the big clubs. He's had a stop/start beginning to his Town time and both he & MM need to show some patience, I reckon. Potential game changer here.

Rowe looked ready for bigger things. Wants the ball, happy to hold the ball up and has got an eye for a pass & a cross.

Back four look tidy - bar the last 10 mins when the win could have easily have turned into a loss.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Reserves tonight on 08:49 - Aug 30 with 4283 viewsSteve_M

Reserves tonight on 07:36 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

We don't half judge people on here! The kid is ok. It's been a tough start for him, let's leave him alone and let him settle.

Everyone seems to have forgotten than Lawrence took six weeks or so to get going properly - and he hadn't suffered from a fairly debilitating illness.

I suspect Celina will be frustrating at times but when it clicks he'll be unplayable.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Reserves tonight on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 4181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reserves tonight on 08:49 - Aug 30 by Steve_M

Everyone seems to have forgotten than Lawrence took six weeks or so to get going properly - and he hadn't suffered from a fairly debilitating illness.

I suspect Celina will be frustrating at times but when it clicks he'll be unplayable.

I certainly wish him all the best and hoe he becomes "unplayable".......time will tell.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Reserves tonight on 09:09 - Aug 30 with 4149 viewsSomethingBlue

Reserves tonight on 08:49 - Aug 30 by Steve_M

I just find the aspersions cast in posts like Vic's pretty astonishing, really. Celina is alright and, as you say, the fact he has been laid low for much of the last two has made his adaptation doubly hard. Made a very nice impact in the two starts he has had — so why don't people just let it be?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 9:10]

Reserves tonight on 09:12 - Aug 30 with 4129 viewsartsbossbeard

Reserves tonight on 09:09 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

I just find the aspersions cast in posts like Vic's pretty astonishing, really. Celina is alright and, as you say, the fact he has been laid low for much of the last two has made his adaptation doubly hard. Made a very nice impact in the two starts he has had — so why don't people just let it be?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 9:10]

If the Celina tweet is to believed, I'm quite chuffed he's feeling a little frustrated, shows that he's come here to play and understands the chance he's been given.

There's medical staff & Mick's years of experience in running football teams that will dictate when both feel he's ready for a starting berth.

On last night's viewing, Rowe looks a bit closer to the action, I'd suggest.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Reserves tonight on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 4060 viewsSomethingBlue

Reserves tonight on 09:12 - Aug 30 by artsbossbeard

If the Celina tweet is to believed, I'm quite chuffed he's feeling a little frustrated, shows that he's come here to play and understands the chance he's been given.

There's medical staff & Mick's years of experience in running football teams that will dictate when both feel he's ready for a starting berth.

On last night's viewing, Rowe looks a bit closer to the action, I'd suggest.

Yes, he's an ambitious character and the kind who I think will need an arm round the shoulder at times. But he's clearly arrived with an appetite to work hard and, once he's fully fit, I trust Mick to manage him well. How a couple of stepovers and failing to smile on a photo (he did exactly the same at City and Twente) make him "big-time" or whatever is absolutely beyond me — certainly makes our fans seem small-time though!

Glad to hear Rowe is pushing on — could do with him being a serious candidate for the team.

Reserves tonight on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 3986 viewsSuperfrans

Reserves tonight on 03:20 - Aug 30 by harlingblue

A thoroughly entertaining game in my opinion.
A few observations:-
Hyam getting back into his stride, having looked way off the pace only a couple of games ago against Crewe U23.
Adeyemi, having his first game, showed moments of good things to come.
Celina has natural ability/flair, will excite and frustrate but is now adding the workrate to his game, linked very well with the excellent Rowe and Folami.
Wolfie fine game at right back.

I only saw Celina for the first time at Palace last week and clearly he is a work in progress. We are never going to get a player of his natural ability who is the finished article. It is down to us to get the best out of him.

The one thing that McCarthy brings to players like that is a work ethic and understanding that such individuals have to play their part in the team. It was true of Lawrence, Fraser and Williams, who all benefitted from their time here.

The hope would be that we can inject that ethic into a flair player within his first 6-12 games, so that we get a full 30 or so games of them playing at their full contribution. We have to hope that the penny drops soon enough with Celina.

From first glance, he has more tools in his box than any of those three players aforementioned though. So, if we can get him firing, we will have a hell of a player on our hands...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Reserves tonight on 09:51 - Aug 30 with 3980 viewsSwailsey

Reserves tonight on 07:30 - Aug 30 by Vic

Christ, some of our fans are beyond belief!!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Reserves tonight on 10:11 - Aug 30 with 3889 viewsDeano69

Reserves tonight on 21:48 - Aug 29 by BanksterDebtSlave

I am convinced he even runs like that without a ball. Seemed really odd to me.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Reserves tonight on 10:34 - Aug 30 with 3822 viewsPhilTWTD

Reserves tonight on 09:32 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

Yes, he's an ambitious character and the kind who I think will need an arm round the shoulder at times. But he's clearly arrived with an appetite to work hard and, once he's fully fit, I trust Mick to manage him well. How a couple of stepovers and failing to smile on a photo (he did exactly the same at City and Twente) make him "big-time" or whatever is absolutely beyond me — certainly makes our fans seem small-time though!

Glad to hear Rowe is pushing on — could do with him being a serious candidate for the team.

Thought Celina played well last night, worked hard in addition to the sides of his game which might have been more expected. While I thought Rowe did well and became more of a threat on the counter as the game wore on, on the ball Celina was in a different class at times. Needs to learn when he should move it on rather than keeping hold, but think his approach to the game was the most pleasing thing last night, didn't treat the game lightly just because it was an U23s match, looked hungry to impress.
Reserves tonight on 10:47 - Aug 30 with 3768 viewsSomethingBlue

Reserves tonight on 10:34 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Thought Celina played well last night, worked hard in addition to the sides of his game which might have been more expected. While I thought Rowe did well and became more of a threat on the counter as the game wore on, on the ball Celina was in a different class at times. Needs to learn when he should move it on rather than keeping hold, but think his approach to the game was the most pleasing thing last night, didn't treat the game lightly just because it was an U23s match, looked hungry to impress.

Good to hear. To my mind, after this international break he's effectively coming out of pre-season — it all starts for him in September really, so let's hope he can push on.

What won't help is unfounded and entirely untrue innuendo about his attitude — so small-minded and destructive.

Reserves tonight on 10:51 - Aug 30 with 3744 viewsPhilTWTD

Reserves tonight on 10:47 - Aug 30 by SomethingBlue

Good to hear. To my mind, after this international break he's effectively coming out of pre-season — it all starts for him in September really, so let's hope he can push on.

What won't help is unfounded and entirely untrue innuendo about his attitude — so small-minded and destructive.

Indeed, and not really seen anything from him other than the obvious frustration of someone whose start to the season has been hampered by illness. I would guess he'll play again on Saturday for the U23s, so will be nearing being able to to start after that.
Reserves tonight on 11:04 - Aug 30 with 3693 viewsITFC_Forever

Reserves tonight on 10:34 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

He's a flair player. They all have attitude problems and don't work for the team you know...

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024