Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? 14:31 - Oct 11 with 1846 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/oct/11/world-cup-2018-power-ranki

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 14:36 - Oct 11 with 1822 viewsStokieBlue

Look like they are done entirely to provoke a response.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 16:45 - Oct 11 with 1738 viewsrickw

I would agree with the top 7 then put Uruguay and Colombia, although I don't have faith in Southgate I'd still put us as favourites against Poland, Mexico, Nigeria and Iceland

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 16:51 - Oct 11 with 1731 viewsconnorscontract

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 16:45 - Oct 11 by rickw

I would agree with the top 7 then put Uruguay and Colombia, although I don't have faith in Southgate I'd still put us as favourites against Poland, Mexico, Nigeria and Iceland

Whether 10th (as you have us) or 13th (as The Guardian) the result is the same: high probability of exit before the Quarter Finals.
What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 17:05 - Oct 11 with 1705 viewsrickw

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 16:51 - Oct 11 by connorscontract

Whether 10th (as you have us) or 13th (as The Guardian) the result is the same: high probability of exit before the Quarter Finals.

Well that's a stage or 2 further than the last 2 world cups!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 17:23 - Oct 11 with 1677 viewsconnorscontract

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 17:05 - Oct 11 by rickw

Well that's a stage or 2 further than the last 2 world cups!

"High probabity of exit before the Quarter Finals" includes the possibility of us fighting to hold on to two plucky 0-0 draws and a spanking by the group leaders, to crash out at the group stage.

Realistic odds to win it, based on being 12th favourites, should be around the 40-1 mark. However we all know that biased, over-optimistic, betting could get us just into single figures, maybe 8 or 9-1.
What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 17:59 - Oct 11 with 1652 viewscaught-in-limbo

Would love to see Germany not reach the semis, but I think they may as well carve their name on the cup now.

Best outside bet for a semi-final place: Serbia.

Won't be too sad to see England crash out early as it will take away the suffering involved in supporting them.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What do yous lot make of the World Cup rankings in The Guardian then? on 18:33 - Oct 11 with 1621 viewsDennyx4

I did hear about a month ago on talk sport, that Poland play very few friendlies as this improves their FIFA ranking and then gets them seeded in the official tournaments.

Apparently a friendly game carries about 40% of a qualifier in points allocation or deduction, and if you lose / draw this impacts your overall ranking. And by not playing and being seeded in qualification, you are always playing weaker teams.

There was another European country that had applied the same logic, but cant remember who it was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024