Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Floyd 00:22 - Nov 5 with 5605 viewsDyland

Never mind the footie. I'd like to know if Roger Waters was indeed a twot for making Pink Floyd all about him and leading to the breakup of the world's finest pop band. The Final Cut ain't no Animals but it's better than the Division Bell. So... er.. what was that again?

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 0:23]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Floyd on 00:36 - Nov 5 with 5582 viewsericclacton

It's a bit late butI think Roger had a run in with Richard Wright and wanted him out, Gilmour and Wright were very close so that was the start, I'm not sure about the rest of it, but Roger and David just musically drifted apart.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 0:37]
Floyd on 00:45 - Nov 5 with 5559 viewsDyland

Floyd on 00:36 - Nov 5 by ericclacton

It's a bit late butI think Roger had a run in with Richard Wright and wanted him out, Gilmour and Wright were very close so that was the start, I'm not sure about the rest of it, but Roger and David just musically drifted apart.

Innit Claccers.

Floyd on 08:50 - Nov 5 with 5389 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Fletcher Memorial Home is better than anything recorded by the Gilmour lead Floyd.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Floyd on 08:59 - Nov 5 with 5375 viewsGlasgowBlue

Floyd on 00:36 - Nov 5 by ericclacton

Waters felt that Wright hadn’t pulled his weight since Wish You Were year so sacked him. Gilmour and Mason went along with it but they put Wright on the payroll for the Wall tour. Funnily enough he was the only one of the four to make money from that tour as it lost money but he was on a wage.

Gilmour also put him on a wage for the Momentary Lapse of Reason album and he only became a full member again for Division Bell.

The two who have always remained the closest of friends is Waters and Mason. Waters admits he became an egomaniac but it seems to be Gilmour who is being a tw@t now and isn’t up for another Floyd album. Waters has mellowed considerably.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 9:29]

Iron Lion Zion

Floyd on 09:12 - Nov 5 with 5363 viewsericclacton

Floyd on 08:59 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Waters felt that Wright hadn’t pulled his weight since Wish You Were year so sacked him. Gilmour and Mason went along with it but they put Wright on the payroll for the Wall tour. Funnily enough he was the only one of the four to make money from that tour as it lost money but he was on a wage.

Gilmour also put him on a wage for the Momentary Lapse of Reason album and he only became a full member again for Division Bell.

The two who have always remained the closest of friends is Waters and Mason. Waters admits he became an egomaniac but it seems to be Gilmour who is being a tw@t now and isn’t up for another Floyd album. Waters has mellowed considerably.

Thanks for that mate, it's the hardest thing in the world to get a group of people with huge egos to get on all the time, especially when they are very clever.
I have always admired Waters over Gilmour, whereas lots of others prefer the other way about.

Floyd on 09:25 - Nov 5 with 5349 viewsDyland

Floyd on 08:59 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Spot on here Glassers.

Also Waters continues to produce compelling output. And whilst post Waters Floyd is better than most of the pop acts who are so influenced by them, I don't think Gilmour has the same level of creative ideas that Waters has.

Same here on 09:28 - Nov 5 with 5344 viewsDyland

Floyd on 09:12 - Nov 5 by ericclacton

Thanks for that mate, it's the hardest thing in the world to get a group of people with huge egos to get on all the time, especially when they are very clever.
I have always admired Waters over Gilmour, whereas lots of others prefer the other way about.

I think it's because Gilmour plays nice sounding guitar solos that are easy to relate to whatever your musical knowledge.

Floyd on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 5327 viewsbluewein

Floyd on 09:12 - Nov 5 by ericclacton

“it's the hardest thing in the world to get a group of people with huge egos to get on all the time”

Is the question “How do you sum up TWTD”?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

Floyd on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 5324 viewsDubtractor

I've never quite managed to get Floyd.

I really like individual tracks, but whenever I've listened to a full album I struggle a bit.

Which is odd given a lot of my other musical tastes.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Floyd on 09:36 - Nov 5 with 5323 viewsDyland

Floyd on 09:35 - Nov 5 by bluewein

“it's the hardest thing in the world to get a group of people with huge egos to get on all the time”

Is the question “How do you sum up TWTD”?

I note you removed the "especially when they are clever." :)

HERESY on 09:37 - Nov 5 with 5322 viewsDyland

Floyd on 09:35 - Nov 5 by Dubtractor

I really like individual tracks, but whenever I've listened to a full album I struggle a bit.

nft :)

Floyd on 09:39 - Nov 5 with 5314 viewsericclacton

Hi Dubs, that's common throughout all the art forms, it is just a matter of taste.
Floyd on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 5308 viewsbluewein

Oh Dubbers... 😢😢

Floyd on 09:45 - Nov 5 with 5296 viewsbluewein

Floyd on 09:36 - Nov 5 by Dyland

I note you removed the "especially when they are clever." :)

nft 😶

Floyd on 09:55 - Nov 5 with 5272 viewsGlasgowBlue

Have you tried Animals all the way through? That has a more "punky" vibe to it.

Iron Lion Zion

Floyd on 12:02 - Nov 5 with 5168 viewsLord_Lucan

Floyd on 09:55 - Nov 5 by GlasgowBlue

Have you tried Animals all the way through? That has a more "punky" vibe to it.

I'm a massive Floydy and Animals is my favourite album of all time.

I used to be Gilmour over Waters but I've changed around. Polly Samson has destroyed him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Animals is the correct answer :) (n/t) on 12:10 - Nov 5 with 5145 viewsDyland

Floyd on 12:02 - Nov 5 by Lord_Lucan

I'm a massive Floydy and Animals is my favourite album of all time.

I used to be Gilmour over Waters but I've changed around. Polly Samson has destroyed him.

Floyd on 12:30 - Nov 5 with 5116 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Did any of you manage to get to the Floyd mortal remains exhibition at the V and A? Some fantastic content telling their story although the finale which was an immersive experience of the Live 8 performance of Comfortably Numb was a bit disappointing as the audio was sh1t (surprising as it was provided by Bose).
Waters v Gilmore?
It seems to me that Gilmore now takes himself too seriously so I also warm more to Waters these days.
Floyd on 12:45 - Nov 5 with 5100 viewsGlasgowBlue

Floyd on 12:30 - Nov 5 by SouthBucksBlue

Did any of you manage to get to the Floyd mortal remains exhibition at the V and A? Some fantastic content telling their story although the finale which was an immersive experience of the Live 8 performance of Comfortably Numb was a bit disappointing as the audio was sh1t (surprising as it was provided by Bose).
Waters v Gilmore?
It seems to me that Gilmore now takes himself too seriously so I also warm more to Waters these days.

I'd sooner listen to Is This the Life We Really Want than Rattle That Lock.

Obviously what let's a Gilmour album down is the lyrics. Waters words are from the heart whereas Gilmour relies on his Mrs.

On an Island would have been a welcome addition to any new Pink Floyd album but I can't think of anything else he's produced in the last 20 years that would,

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024