Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henning Wehn 00:08 - Nov 17 with 1664 viewsfactual_blue

Did a joke about bombing a chip shop.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Henning Wehn on 01:42 - Nov 17 with 1634 viewsSwansea_Blue

Did anyone batter him?

*ahem* Moving swiftly on.

Sounds like the bloke has a sense of humour.

HENNING WEHN INTERVIEW: GERMANY'S 'COMEDY AMBASSADOR TO THE UK'
There is a song in the repertoire of England football supporters entitled "Ten German Bombers". Mimicking the structure of the nursery rhyme "Ten Green Bottles", it is a triumphalist anthem in which the number of Luftwaffe aircraft depreciates by one in each verse, as they are shot down by the RAF.

"I always wonder," Henning Wehn likes to remark to British audiences, "whether they sing that in Coventry. If they do, it would seem to be somewhat inappropriate because — I don't mean to boast — but we flattened the place."

After which, noting the mortification that invariably afflicts some audience members when they hear this, he adds: "So who's got no sense of humour now?"

http://www.newsweek.com/germangermanycomedycomedianperformer-604543

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Henning Wehn on 09:33 - Nov 17 with 1484 viewsfactual_blue

Henning Wehn on 01:42 - Nov 17 by Swansea_Blue

Did anyone batter him?

*ahem* Moving swiftly on.

Sounds like the bloke has a sense of humour.

HENNING WEHN INTERVIEW: GERMANY'S 'COMEDY AMBASSADOR TO THE UK'
There is a song in the repertoire of England football supporters entitled "Ten German Bombers". Mimicking the structure of the nursery rhyme "Ten Green Bottles", it is a triumphalist anthem in which the number of Luftwaffe aircraft depreciates by one in each verse, as they are shot down by the RAF.

"I always wonder," Henning Wehn likes to remark to British audiences, "whether they sing that in Coventry. If they do, it would seem to be somewhat inappropriate because — I don't mean to boast — but we flattened the place."

After which, noting the mortification that invariably afflicts some audience members when they hear this, he adds: "So who's got no sense of humour now?"

http://www.newsweek.com/germangermanycomedycomedianperformer-604543

He's very funny. Saw him last night. Shook his hand. Chatted away in German to a fellow German in the audience for a few moments. Then said 'See - I'm just like the Brits. Talking in my own language in a foreign country. But without shouting'.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 9:35]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024