Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Physios 08:35 - Jan 22 with 2330 viewsFrimleyBlue

Am I right in remembering about a year back ITFC advertising for new Physios but offering a mere £16k for the privilage.

I remember there was a thread about similar but cant remember if it was physio or another position.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Physios on 08:43 - Jan 22 with 2311 viewsPhilTWTD

Academy physio.
Physios on 09:10 - Jan 22 with 2274 viewsArnieM

16K doesn't even get you a newly qualified physio , let alone one that has experience.
You get what you pay for !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Physios on 09:16 - Jan 22 with 2261 viewsPhilTWTD

Physios on 09:10 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

16K doesn't even get you a newly qualified physio , let alone one that has experience.
You get what you pay for !

Think the job was aimed at recruiting a newly-qualified physio, first rung on the ladder so to speak.
Physios on 10:34 - Jan 22 with 2205 viewsArnieM

Physios on 09:16 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Think the job was aimed at recruiting a newly-qualified physio, first rung on the ladder so to speak.

I find that very odd, when you have potential assets( young players ) who have to be monitored through adolescents and all the potential issues that can go with a young elite athlete, and injuries , that you employ the least qualified/ experience practitioner you can get! Smacks of cheap and cheerful from Evans to me tbh .

Physios on 11:29 - Jan 22 with 2170 viewsFrimleyBlue

Physios on 10:34 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

I find that very odd, when you have potential assets( young players ) who have to be monitored through adolescents and all the potential issues that can go with a young elite athlete, and injuries , that you employ the least qualified/ experience practitioner you can get! Smacks of cheap and cheerful from Evans to me tbh .

Which is my concern actually

We've had a number of youngsters progress yet fall to long term injury problems.

I'm amazed that even for the Academy we're going in cheap. It's a vitally important aspect of the club

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Physios on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 2156 viewsartsbossbeard

Physios on 11:29 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

We've had a number of youngsters progress yet fall to long term injury problems.

I'm amazed that even for the Academy we're going in cheap. It's a vitally important aspect of the club

You're not taking into consideration that there will no doubt be an escalation process in place for more serious ailments plus also the chance for the "first rung of the ladder" guy to learn from someone more experienced.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Physios on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 2148 viewsPhilTWTD

Physios on 10:34 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

Think it's standard for physios/coaches working in academies - alongside more senior colleagues - to be those making their first steps.
Physios on 11:37 - Jan 22 with 2140 viewsArnieM

Physios on 11:29 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

It should be a multidisciplinary team approach to football players health and well being , both young academy and senior pros.

A professional football Club such as Town MUST be employing the best that money can buy in all fields of the MDT , IMO . What's the point of having elite athletes, if the supporting "team" are newly qualified's, or just mediocre at their job. This applies , not just to the medical team , but also the fitness team, and coaching staff.

I still question why so many of our players are sustaining long term injuries , many of whom acquired these in non match situations. We seem to start each season with a lengthy injury list , just after the pre season friendlies . This season was no exception, and once injured they appear to take months to rehab again.
What's going on at this Club now ???

Login to get fewer ads

Physios on 16:25 - Jan 22 with 1996 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Physios on 11:37 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

It should be a multidisciplinary team approach to football players health and well being , both young academy and senior pros.

A professional football Club such as Town MUST be employing the best that money can buy in all fields of the MDT , IMO . What's the point of having elite athletes, if the supporting "team" are newly qualified's, or just mediocre at their job. This applies , not just to the medical team , but also the fitness team, and coaching staff.

I still question why so many of our players are sustaining long term injuries , many of whom acquired these in non match situations. We seem to start each season with a lengthy injury list , just after the pre season friendlies . This season was no exception, and once injured they appear to take months to rehab again.
What's going on at this Club now ???

The same thing happens at pretty much every club. Jobs in football are desirable, therefore clubs can get away with offering a low wage for roles like this on the basis there will be plenty of willing applicants looking to get a foothold in the industry

As for our injury list, think this is a combination of bad luck and the fact that as a team operating on a reduced budget, we’ve been forced to gamble on players with injury problems in the hope of getting a bargain (ie. Huws, McGoldrick)

There may be an element of our conditioning not being quite right - but I don’t think it’s quite as simple as us having a lengthy injury list therefore we must not be managing players properly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024