Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Using f**k off in a non traditional way 15:33 - Feb 19 with 2550 viewsartsbossbeard

I remember that my old Manager had the audacity to drop me to sub after having what I thought was a very decent midweek game. I got told when I turned up at the away ground (80 mile round trip) with a simple "you're sub today, ABB", no advance warning.

Anyhoo, I didn't get changed 'til the last minute, refused to warm up with team mates and sat grumpy in the dug out. 70mins in and at 0-0, I got brought on and curled a free kick into the far corner. I was angry/elated and I pushed passed team mates to deliver a clench fist and a non planned "f**k off" to the gaffer, who took it extremely well by clapping and laughing.

I was back on the bench midweek, of course.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:38 - Feb 19 with 2507 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Moral of the story is that Abb really is your real name

What were the #AbsoluteScenes like for your free kick?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:39 - Feb 19 with 2494 viewsartsbossbeard

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:38 - Feb 19 by The_Romford_Blue

Moral of the story is that Abb really is your real name

What were the #AbsoluteScenes like for your free kick?

#wickedleftfootwhip

#sceeeennneeesss

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:45 - Feb 19 with 2446 viewsWD19

That sounded just like McGoldrick.....

.....up until the point you got on the pitch and actually did something.
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:48 - Feb 19 with 2433 viewsBlueStreak

This probably didn't happen. Apart from the throwing a strop bit, which probably did happen.
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:49 - Feb 19 with 2428 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I had a similar story from a few years ago, except when I came off the bench I rounded the keeper who clattered me then picked the ball up outside the area..

I used that expletive to display my frustration to the referee after he waved play on and was promptly sent off less than 2 minutes after coming on.

Moral of the story: Swearing is bad and should not have a home in sport.
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:02 - Feb 19 with 2369 viewshomer_123

Ahhh - so in essence you weren't very good at football and got lucky with a free kick.

Gotcha.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:07 - Feb 19 with 2358 viewsartsbossbeard

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 15:48 - Feb 19 by BlueStreak

This probably didn't happen. Apart from the throwing a strop bit, which probably did happen.

Ha! I've mellowed so much and I've only been booked once in Vets footy.

You've come the same route to the position as I did though, started up front, then midfield and now left back/clubman. Do you collect the subs and pay the ref too?

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:12 - Feb 19 with 2325 viewsartsbossbeard

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:02 - Feb 19 by homer_123

Ahhh - so in essence you weren't very good at football and got lucky with a free kick.

Gotcha.

If I was given the TWTD's treatment, I'd be marked down for my pace and potentially my work ethic but you'd all be enthralled and engaged by my sure footedness and the ability to spot a pass and deliver a dead ball.

Login to get fewer ads

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:12 - Feb 19 with 2323 viewsTIB

Wouldn't have happened if Bartz was in goal #CatchingCurlers

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:13 - Feb 19 with 2236 viewsHeathlander

I once called the team manager a stupid cow when I was substituted at the alderman Road 257 Junior Blues floodlit football league.

We used to take it in turns to be sub and this particular time we were playing Jason Dozzell's team and losing. So the manager took me off and brought on our star player whose turn it was to be sub.

The manager was my mum so I got a clip round the ear for my troubles. I think we still lost anyway.
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:21 - Feb 19 with 2202 viewsartsbossbeard

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:13 - Feb 19 by Heathlander

I once called the team manager a stupid cow when I was substituted at the alderman Road 257 Junior Blues floodlit football league.

We used to take it in turns to be sub and this particular time we were playing Jason Dozzell's team and losing. So the manager took me off and brought on our star player whose turn it was to be sub.

The manager was my mum so I got a clip round the ear for my troubles. I think we still lost anyway.

My best/worst sending off was when I'd already been booked for dissent (I was quite the firebrand) and I'd gotten into a midfield tussle that ended with both of us grabbing hold of each other. The ref pulled us both over for a word but on the way over the other chap said something to me and I noticed that he had a pair of sticky out ears.

I pulled my ears in his general direction and the ref sent me off for ungentlemanly conduct. A straight red too, so I got fined/suspended for a yellow and a red.

He did have big ears, in fairness.

EDIT: I think Bluestreak might have been playing that game.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 17:24]

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:26 - Feb 19 with 2171 viewsLord_Lucan

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:21 - Feb 19 by artsbossbeard

My best/worst sending off was when I'd already been booked for dissent (I was quite the firebrand) and I'd gotten into a midfield tussle that ended with both of us grabbing hold of each other. The ref pulled us both over for a word but on the way over the other chap said something to me and I noticed that he had a pair of sticky out ears.

I pulled my ears in his general direction and the ref sent me off for ungentlemanly conduct. A straight red too, so I got fined/suspended for a yellow and a red.

"EDIT: I think Bluestreak might have been playing that game"

Who was ref, Ronnie Corbett?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 2158 viewsartsbossbeard

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:26 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Height-ist.

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 10:37 - Feb 20 with 1963 viewsBlueStreak

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 16:07 - Feb 19 by artsbossbeard

Ha! I've mellowed so much and I've only been booked once in Vets footy.

You've come the same route to the position as I did though, started up front, then midfield and now left back/clubman. Do you collect the subs and pay the ref too?

I have turned into a left wing back in my twilight years. Eight league goals as well, can't argue with that sort of return!
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 10:38 - Feb 20 with 1959 viewsBlueStreak

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:21 - Feb 19 by artsbossbeard

I can confirm I was playing in this game
Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 10:41 - Feb 20 with 1949 viewsBlueStreak

Using f**k off in a non traditional way on 17:26 - Feb 19 by Lord_Lucan

Warrick Davis was actually.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024