Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know ? 01:55 - Dec 13 with 1642 viewseddiespearitt03

What Mr Sheepshanks is up to these days ? He always professed to be an Ipswich true blue. I wonder if he could pop in to Portman Road and help kick start a revival plan for this great club he loved.

How we ended up with a non resident of Suffolk and an anonymous Marcus Evans still puzzles me. The Cobbolds would be horrified to see the damage inflicted on this club in such a relatively short period. Between two, mostly failed, directorships/owner..

I think Evans could have and should have bought into a small club and build it upwards rather than taking a big club downwards. The ex Man Utd players consortium had the right idea, with their investment of Salford (population approx 216.000) We,ll be playing them soon.

Evans could of bought in to Maidstone (population 140.000 approx) or a bit closer to home, Basingstoke (150.000). How about Gateshead (190.000) & Warrington (190.000).

It will be interesting to see if we have any recruitment in 2021. This squad needs a re-shuffle.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:34]
Does anyone know ? on 08:11 - Dec 13 with 1486 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Does anyone know ? on 08:39 - Dec 13 with 1443 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's "could have" and "should have", not "could of" and "should of."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Does anyone know ? on 11:35 - Dec 13 with 1361 views66notout

Does anyone know ? on 08:39 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Correct and it is also wrong that Sheepshanks owned the club. Indeed, I think you'll find he took far more out of the club than he ever invested.
Does anyone know ? on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 1339 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does anyone know ? on 11:35 - Dec 13 by 66notout

Correct and it is also wrong that Sheepshanks owned the club. Indeed, I think you'll find he took far more out of the club than he ever invested.

Who said Sheepshanks owned the club?

Does anyone know ? on 12:08 - Dec 13 with 1310 viewsNthQldITFC

Does anyone know ? on 08:39 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

He probably should of known that, but then again you could of been a bit more diplomatic in your correction, I would of thought?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Does anyone know ? on 12:15 - Dec 13 with 1284 viewsallezlesbleus

The rot started with Sheepshanks. He used ITFC as a stepping stone to bigger things and in the process shafted numerous local businesses.
Does anyone know ? on 16:47 - Dec 13 with 1172 viewslongtimefan

“How we ended up with a non resident of Suffolk and an anonymous Marcus Evans still puzzles me. “

It really shouldn’t as seeing as you’re advocating a return for Sheepshanks, you ought to know it was him that persuaded Evan’s to buy the club!
Does anyone know ? on 17:19 - Dec 13 with 1121 viewsbluejacko

Does anyone know ? on 16:47 - Dec 13 by longtimefan

“How we ended up with a non resident of Suffolk and an anonymous Marcus Evans still puzzles me. “

It really shouldn’t as seeing as you’re advocating a return for Sheepshanks, you ought to know it was him that persuaded Evan’s to buy the club!

Obviously he didn’t see what a fraud Evans is no more than the rest of us when he took over!
So overall I would say Sheepshanks thought he was doing the best for the club.
How wrong we all were.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone know ? on 17:38 - Dec 13 with 1072 viewscarlisleaway

Does anyone know ? on 17:19 - Dec 13 by bluejacko

Obviously he didn’t see what a fraud Evans is no more than the rest of us when he took over!
So overall I would say Sheepshanks thought he was doing the best for the club.
How wrong we all were.

You all forget the last good 7 years we had under Sheepshanks, at least he would face up to the fans even in bad times
Does anyone know ? on 17:43 - Dec 13 with 1044 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How did it happen?

Money.

I think Sheepshanks did all he can to ensure that Evans couldn't simply asset strip but this feels like hardly much better at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Does anyone know ? on 17:52 - Dec 13 with 1026 views66notout

Does anyone know ? on 11:45 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Who said Sheepshanks owned the club?

In this thread no one but I was simply ‘putting right’ those people who thought he did and have aired their views in the past.
However well intentioned he was, Sheepy messed up by insisting the club undertake a project to reconfigure two stands when one would have sufficed and perhaps even prevented the club going into administration, which was what opened the door to Evans.
There were other people interested but the supporter who knew of them was prevented by Sheepy from discussing them because Sheepy insisted the meeting at the Corn Exchange had to make a straight choice between yes and no to Evans.
Does anyone know ? on 19:53 - Dec 13 with 952 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Does anyone know ? on 17:52 - Dec 13 by 66notout

In this thread no one but I was simply ‘putting right’ those people who thought he did and have aired their views in the past.
However well intentioned he was, Sheepy messed up by insisting the club undertake a project to reconfigure two stands when one would have sufficed and perhaps even prevented the club going into administration, which was what opened the door to Evans.
There were other people interested but the supporter who knew of them was prevented by Sheepy from discussing them because Sheepy insisted the meeting at the Corn Exchange had to make a straight choice between yes and no to Evans.

I've never seen anyone suggest Sheepshanks was the owner. I get the feeling you're building up a straw man here.

Sheepy made mistakes, but he always had the club at heart. And as a chairman, he was far preferable to what we have now.

Does anyone know ? on 20:08 - Dec 13 with 926 views66notout

Does anyone know ? on 19:53 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

I've never seen anyone suggest Sheepshanks was the owner. I get the feeling you're building up a straw man here.

Sheepy made mistakes, but he always had the club at heart. And as a chairman, he was far preferable to what we have now.

Where have I disagreed? Evans is so bad that it has blurred people’s vision of Sheepy at the helm. Yes, he did a lot of good for the club but ultimately he got it wrong and that was a very costly error on his part.
Does anyone know ? on 09:42 - Dec 14 with 782 viewsHarlestonblue

Does anyone know ? on 12:15 - Dec 13 by allezlesbleus

The rot started with Sheepshanks. He used ITFC as a stepping stone to bigger things and in the process shafted numerous local businesses.

We all loved Sheepshanks when things were going well but his hubris cost us dearly. We finished 5th in the Premiership, had the Manager of the Year and qualified for Europe. Great, but he made the decision to build TWO new stands, Richard Wright left us in the lurch, we got relegated and administration followed.
So yes, the rot started with Sheepshanks.
Does anyone know ? on 10:49 - Dec 14 with 726 viewsitfc_bucks

Does anyone know ? on 09:42 - Dec 14 by Harlestonblue

We all loved Sheepshanks when things were going well but his hubris cost us dearly. We finished 5th in the Premiership, had the Manager of the Year and qualified for Europe. Great, but he made the decision to build TWO new stands, Richard Wright left us in the lurch, we got relegated and administration followed.
So yes, the rot started with Sheepshanks.

not sure it's accurate to say Wright left us in the lurch. His intention to move on was very clear and Burley had ample time to sign a suitable replacement. How he came to the conclusion that either Marshall or Sereni were the right candidate is beyond my comprehension.

Marshall was a competent 2nd tier keeper but nothing more. Sereni never really looked the part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024