Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) 16:49 - Dec 13 with 2100 viewshomer_123

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 16:58 - Dec 13 with 2055 viewsBlueBadger

We'll be getting one come end of January.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 16:59 - Dec 13 with 2052 viewshomer_123

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 16:58 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Absolutely...but it's OK as we've got R down and you guys in the NHS can cope just fine.

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 13 with 2055 viewsJ2BLUE

You could hope it might wake our government up and make them reconsider. Then you remember who our government is...

The NHS, the scientists and anyone with any clue are sounding the alarm, but it will be fine...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:03 - Dec 13 with 2036 viewshype313

We need to do the same here, St Elizabeth hospice is full with Covid patients, the hospital has 145 Covid patients. Madness to relax the rules, why can't we all sit tight for a few more months and then we will be in a far better position.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:04 - Dec 13 with 2029 viewsEastTownBlue

But Mr Gove said that he was confident that there will be no need for a third lockdown.

Ok, point proved.
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:04 - Dec 13 with 2024 viewshomer_123

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

You could hope it might wake our government up and make them reconsider. Then you remember who our government is...

The NHS, the scientists and anyone with any clue are sounding the alarm, but it will be fine...

Indeed J2....madness...utter madness.

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:05 - Dec 13 with 2019 viewshomer_123

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:03 - Dec 13 by hype313

We need to do the same here, St Elizabeth hospice is full with Covid patients, the hospital has 145 Covid patients. Madness to relax the rules, why can't we all sit tight for a few more months and then we will be in a far better position.

Agreed...just seems such a stupid risk to take.

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:12 - Dec 13 with 2003 viewsEastTownBlue

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:00 - Dec 13 by J2BLUE

Germany will have a slight easing of restrictions between 24th and 26th December.

Germany's lockdown will include non essential retail being closed. Doing the same here will hit the economy further but we will see the virus thrive in the manic Christmas and sales shopping. January and February is going to be grim.
Login to get fewer ads

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:13 - Dec 13 with 1985 viewsdickie

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:03 - Dec 13 by hype313

15 members of staff also either have it or are self isolating
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:15 - Dec 13 with 1984 viewsStokieBlue

They are still allowing household mixing between the 24th and 26th though. I believe it's four family members can come to a chosen house (so max of 5 households if those are all individuals).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:20 - Dec 13 with 1947 viewshomer_123

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:15 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

They are still allowing household mixing between the 24th and 26th though. I believe it's four family members can come to a chosen house (so max of 5 households if those are all individuals).

SB

Thats still somewhat different from here...as here 3 'households'. Germany 5 people max.

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:23 - Dec 13 with 1934 viewsallezlesbleus

Over here in France, from Tuesday, there is a curfew in place between 8pm and 6am - the only exception is Christmas Eve and the curfew will be in place on NYE.

Masks have been worn outdoors is most cities, towns and villages since August.

All bars and restaurants have been closed since November and won't re-open before 20 Jan.

It really does seem as though the UK is always lagging behind most of Europe.
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:24 - Dec 13 with 1926 viewsJ2BLUE

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:20 - Dec 13 by homer_123

Thats still somewhat different from here...as here 3 'households'. Germany 5 people max.

The 1000 people indoors thing is what I can't get my head around. How is that allowed? My nan is being taken to some sort of theatre next week. In her 80s. 1000 people indoors. My objections are met with Boris style quotes and a sense that it can't happen to us...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:47 - Dec 13 with 1835 viewsStokieBlue

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:20 - Dec 13 by homer_123

Indeed.

Although hard to see how it matters, in fact the German way could be slightly worse. Say you have 4 siblings coming to their parents then when they go back it's actually the same as 5 households mixing if they do pick up the virus.

Neither is particularly sensible as the experts are pointing out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 18:19 - Dec 13 with 1753 viewsAce_High1

Sadly yes, all for a few pointless days at Christmas.

#cancelchristmas
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 18:47 - Dec 13 with 1693 viewsBluefish

Proper leadership

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 19:10 - Dec 13 with 1653 viewsfactual_blue

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:04 - Dec 13 by EastTownBlue

But Mr Gove said that he was confident that there will be no need for a third lockdown.

Ok, point proved.

Interviwer #1: Is two Scotch Eggs a substantial meal?
Gove: Yes, but it's just a starter for me. [chortles at his own wit]

Interviewer #2 (less than an hour later): Is one Scotch Egg a substantial meal?

Interviewer #3 (less than an hour later): Is one Scotch Egg a substantial meal?
Gove: No.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 21:10 - Dec 13 with 1559 viewsdickie

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 17:13 - Dec 13 by dickie

15 members of staff also either have it or are self isolating

22 positive staff member cases and rising, surprised the local rag hasn't picked up on it
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 21:45 - Dec 13 with 1500 viewsSteve_M

And this thread is telling on Sweden now:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 21:54 - Dec 13 with 1476 viewsChurchman

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 19:10 - Dec 13 by factual_blue

Interviwer #1: Is two Scotch Eggs a substantial meal?

Interviewer #2 (less than an hour later): Is one Scotch Egg a substantial meal?

Interviewer #3 (less than an hour later): Is one Scotch Egg a substantial meal?
Gove: No.

I know the Gove is brighter than most Ministers (a low bar), but god he is utterly odious
Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 22:24 - Dec 13 with 1425 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hard Xmas lockdown for Germany then. (n/t) on 18:47 - Dec 13 by Bluefish

Proper leadership

Apparently we have proper leadership in the form of Nicola Sturgeon. Yet testing in Scotland is 25% of England allowing for population, COVID-19 related deaths in Scottish care homes are double the ratio of England and Scotland has a higher number of coronavirus cases per capita than England.

And I saw somebody on here recently saying how impressed he was with the way the Welsh government has handled the COVID crisis, which under the circumstances beggars belief.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024