Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"No Takeover" 19:30 - Mar 3 with 529 viewssnudge27

Didn't we have exactly the same flounce after LO'N announced that no takeover was happening, only for priority searches to be lodged with HMLR?

As I (and others) have said all along, it's almost certain that any takeover currently going on will be NDA-ed up the wazzoo. If he's subject to an NDA, then all ME can say (other than nothing at all) is that there is nothing going on.

Hell, one could even argue that he can't even deviate from the 'not for sale' script that he's used a few times in the past. Even giving the slightest indication that something is afoot or has changed could result in him breaching the NDA.

Remember when Sally Bercow was found guilty of libel(?) for simply tweeting "why is Lord McAlpine trending?"...

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

"No Takeover" on 19:41 - Mar 3 with 470 viewsTrequartista

So if there is a non-disclosure agreement, and it is imperative that it must not breached, why did Marcus Evans have to lie about it in a letter to the fans - why even mention it? In normal circumstances he is quite capable of saying nothing at all.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

"No Takeover" on 19:45 - Mar 3 with 427 viewssnudge27

"No Takeover" on 19:41 - Mar 3 by Trequartista

So if there is a non-disclosure agreement, and it is imperative that it must not breached, why did Marcus Evans have to lie about it in a letter to the fans - why even mention it? In normal circumstances he is quite capable of saying nothing at all.

I would suggest that any degree of 'letting on' that something is afoot could be construed as a breach of the NDA.

There are MASSIVE rumours of a takeover at the moment, even going so far as being reported in the national press. Wouldn't it look a little odd if the owner released a statement yet made no comment upon those rumours?

You know when you're watching your favourite crime drama, and the chief suspect says 'no comment' throughout the interview? That.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

"No Takeover" on 19:56 - Mar 3 with 380 viewsTrequartista

"No Takeover" on 19:45 - Mar 3 by snudge27

I would suggest that any degree of 'letting on' that something is afoot could be construed as a breach of the NDA.

There are MASSIVE rumours of a takeover at the moment, even going so far as being reported in the national press. Wouldn't it look a little odd if the owner released a statement yet made no comment upon those rumours?

You know when you're watching your favourite crime drama, and the chief suspect says 'no comment' throughout the interview? That.

It would not be odd at all as people may then guess there is an NDA in place. He's not saying 'no comment', he is lying to fans in an open letter when there is no need to OR the media have all got it wrong.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024