Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AZ vaccine 09:56 - Mar 14 with 5156 viewsnoggin

Received an email yesterday, sent out to all frontline healthcare workers in Norway, warning of possible side affects of the AZ vaccine. Several reports over here of reduced blood platelet production, days after vaccination. 4 patients, under 50 have been treated for brain haemorrhage, with reduced platelets, in recent days. I'm not posting this to cause any panic but if you are feeling unwell (nausea, dizziness, persistent headache) within days of receiving the AZ vaccine, you should probably seek medical advice. Of course, this maybe completely unconnected to the vaccine but best to be safe.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

AZ vaccine on 09:59 - Mar 14 with 3192 viewsKeno

Thanks Noggy!!

I was feeling ok after my AZ vaccine yesterday ........

(only joking, thanks for the heads up)

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

AZ vaccine on 10:00 - Mar 14 with 3175 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You are correct. If you have any signs of serious illness, regardless of whether you have had a vaccine or not, you should seek medical advice.

That advice can initially be obtained from the NHS website in terms of whether symptoms can be dealt with at home, should be monitored for a short period of time or you should seek more urgent advice.

Your local pharmacist is an excellent qualified source of advice who will always signpost you towards the correct route should you need further investigation.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

AZ vaccine on 10:01 - Mar 14 with 3170 viewsNthsuffolkblue

AZ vaccine on 09:59 - Mar 14 by Keno

Thanks Noggy!!

I was feeling ok after my AZ vaccine yesterday ........

(only joking, thanks for the heads up)

Problem is, a fair proportion will now start to wonder if they are suffering the symptoms if they are aware of them.

AZ vaccine on 10:03 - Mar 14 with 3146 viewsnoggin

AZ vaccine on 10:01 - Mar 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Problem is, a fair proportion will now start to wonder if they are suffering the symptoms if they are aware of them.

Reduced platelet production can be extremely dangerous and possibly fatal.

AZ vaccine on 10:05 - Mar 14 with 3127 viewsJ2BLUE

Is sexual deviancy a symptom or is that just normal Keno?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

AZ vaccine on 10:08 - Mar 14 with 3099 viewsfactual_blue

AZ vaccine on 10:05 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Are you 'asking for a friend'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

AZ vaccine on 10:09 - Mar 14 with 3098 viewsNthsuffolkblue

AZ vaccine on 10:03 - Mar 14 by noggin

Reduced platelet production can be extremely dangerous and possibly fatal.

Certainly not meaning to play it down at all. My previous comment points out, even in these times, we should check out anything that signifies a potential problem. There is a suggestion that lots of people are being even more reluctant to than normal.

However, I am also pointing out here the problem with psychosomatic symptoms. There is a degree to which reading all the side effects on medication can be unhelpful, especially for those of a certain mindset. It is almost better to simply say that if you feel unwell seek advice.

Certainly wasn't meaning to downplay your initial post which you phrased well.

AZ vaccine on 10:09 - Mar 14 with 3093 viewsJ2BLUE

AZ vaccine on 10:08 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

Are you 'asking for a friend'?

Yes, Mrs Facters is very worried.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

AZ vaccine on 10:11 - Mar 14 with 3079 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Now you might be able to say that, I could not possibly comment, I did however feel somewhat woolly headed!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

AZ vaccine on 10:13 - Mar 14 with 3057 viewsKeno

AZ vaccine on 10:05 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

I am feeling a little stiff

AZ vaccine on 10:13 - Mar 14 with 3062 viewsJ2BLUE

AZ vaccine on 10:11 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Now you might be able to say that, I could not possibly comment, I did however feel somewhat woolly headed!

You could try presenting the point like the OP did. Your posting style doesn't help. Comes across as gleeful. Whether that is because your posts are genuinely like that or whether people are just reading them like that I don't know.

Truly impaired.

AZ vaccine on 10:14 - Mar 14 with 3052 viewsStokieBlue

Story here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-norway-idUSKBN2B50GZ

It's right that it's investigated and you are right to say anyone should seek medical treatment if they feel unwell days after the vaccine (although that holds for any vaccine).

A few quotes from the article:

"“In fact, the reported numbers of these types of events for COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca are not greater than the number that would have occurred naturally in the unvaccinated population,” a company spokeswoman said."

This is the same for the other instances of blood clots, it's no higher than baseline but it should of course be investigated to see if there is any correlation.

“We do not know if the cases are linked to the vaccine,” Sigurd Hortemo, a senior doctor at the Norwegian Medicines Agency told a news conference held jointly with the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.

This is why there needs to be an immediate investigation to clarify if it's related. They have sent out an email saying this might be a side-effect whilst saying publicly that they don't know at all if it's a side-effect. It's going to be hard to establish it as a side-effect though given the huge number of vaccinations given and the small number of cases.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

AZ vaccine on 10:14 - Mar 14 with 3044 viewsnoggin

AZ vaccine on 10:13 - Mar 14 by Keno

I am feeling a little stiff

Don't beat yourself up Keno, size doesn't matter.

AZ vaccine on 10:19 - Mar 14 with 3010 viewsKeno

AZ vaccine on 10:14 - Mar 14 by noggin

Don't beat yourself up Keno, size doesn't matter.

"size doesn't matter"

My family motto

AZ vaccine on 10:20 - Mar 14 with 3006 viewsBrianTablet

Town are unbeaten since I had mine.
Proof enough that it's world-beating?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

AZ vaccine on 10:30 - Mar 14 with 2961 viewsBlueBadger

Be fair though Banksy, that could have been any number of things doing that to YOU...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

AZ vaccine on 10:39 - Mar 14 with 2935 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

AZ vaccine on 10:13 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

You could try presenting the point like the OP did. Your posting style doesn't help. Comes across as gleeful. Whether that is because your posts are genuinely like that or whether people are just reading them like that I don't know.

I just try to maintain a cheery disposition despite my cynical world view born from experience!

AZ vaccine on 10:43 - Mar 14 with 2921 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

It’s difficult isn’t it.

I guess when you are mass vaccinating whole populations the vaccine effect will always have to be a consideration of any (perhaps completely unrelated) medical developments but right now the link is not confirmed. The WHO and MRHA amongst others, have said the vaccine is safe. when you consider the number of doses administered around the world vs the number of blood clot related incidents the incident rate is very very small.

Absolutely no reason not to take the vaccine but always safe to seek medical advice as you suggest.
AZ vaccine on 10:57 - Mar 14 with 2866 viewsBasuco

To add further confusion as to if this would have happened anyway or is a side effect of the AZ vaccine, the side effects after the second vaccination are more intense than after the first, hangover type headache, feeling a bit slow for a day or so ect, but these do quickly pass. Did they say if this after one or two vaccinations? But for me the risk of catching Covid against a day or two of feeling like I did after the playoff final, it does not put me off one little bit.
AZ vaccine on 11:04 - Mar 14 with 2820 viewsnoggin

AZ vaccine on 10:57 - Mar 14 by Basuco

To add further confusion as to if this would have happened anyway or is a side effect of the AZ vaccine, the side effects after the second vaccination are more intense than after the first, hangover type headache, feeling a bit slow for a day or so ect, but these do quickly pass. Did they say if this after one or two vaccinations? But for me the risk of catching Covid against a day or two of feeling like I did after the playoff final, it does not put me off one little bit.

It didn't mention whether dose was relevant. It did say that signs (spontaneous blood spots beneath the skin) and symptoms (feeling unwell, nauseas, dizzy) appear to start at least three days after being vaccinated.

AZ vaccine on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 2796 viewsfactual_blue

That does appear to be your normal state though.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

AZ vaccine on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 2755 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

AZ vaccine on 10:30 - Mar 14 by BlueBadger

Be fair though Banksy, that could have been any number of things doing that to YOU...

Oh go on then....although I was wearing a woolly hat at times that day.

AZ vaccine on 11:17 - Mar 14 with 2747 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

AZ vaccine on 10:57 - Mar 14 by Basuco

Is that an accepted reality after the second one or just your experience?

AZ vaccine on 11:18 - Mar 14 with 2733 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

AZ vaccine on 11:07 - Mar 14 by factual_blue

That does appear to be your normal state though.

Again, thanks for all the uppies! xx

AZ vaccine on 11:28 - Mar 14 with 2696 viewsChurchman

I feel a little woolly headed today after yesterday’s effort - bit like I’ve had a glass too many, but ok really. The people rolling out the vaccination made it clear what the effects might be and what to do if the side effects persisted or if there is a problem. I was also given a leaflet.

Personally, a 0.0006% chance of a problem with vaccine against the potential catastrophic effects of C-19? No brainer for me.

I think it’s right that authorities are cautious, but I do sense a little politicking again here. Accusations against AZ, because of its U.K. link, have been long, loud and until now disproven. Given the volumes of AZ used in this country to date, if there was a fundamental problem with it, I’d be very surprised.

I’d be interested to know what the percentage of adverse reaction there is, if any, to flu vaccine by people who understand these things, which I believe operates in a similar way.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 11:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024