Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss 20:17 - Dec 16 with 1617 viewsIllinoisblue

The facking balls on these people. Amazing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:28 - Dec 16 with 1551 viewspointofblue

Basically what the Tories into the 1980s. Lumped Labour in with the unions (which was even easier to do then) and stated they were both the problem.

The Years in the Wilderness documentary, which I think I posted on here before, had talking heads on both sides saying the issue was Labour in the 80s didn't take a stand either way - they stood on the sidelines whilst the government and the unions fought. Possibly the worst thing to do would be to take the same approach now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:52 - Dec 16 with 1483 viewsHARRY10

I'm sure it will play well with the usual dimwitted righties. The idea that vote to strike by members of a union can be blocked by a Labour leader.

Not sure how that sits with the cap doffer's endless bleats that an advisory vote should be enforced, where (as here) a vote for action can be blocked by....err............a non union member.

Yesterdays by election in Manchester shows where public opinion now lies Lab 69.6% to the Tory 15.9%, which would see no Tories in Parliament in any GE. That is not so much an indication of the next GE result as the recognition that the Tories ever decreasing slump is only getting worse.

Meanwhile Amazon workers have now voted to take industrial action (first time in the UK) and as to what can be afforded, Rolls Royce workers have just accepted a 10% pay rise (with bonus's)

This Tory shyster is out of step with public opinion, and will soon be with so many other Tories, out of office as well
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:54 - Dec 16 with 1480 viewsChurchman

Zahawi is what he is. A rich idiot with personal wealth of £100m. Playing that Unions are responsible for everything card was a nonsense in the 70s and 80s and it is now.

Lynch is defending his members interests. Just as he should do. It’s what trade unions are for. It’s not his fault rail companies were flogged off to foreign companies for peanuts and profits are used to subsidise Europeans’ travel. Nor is it his fault that Zahawi and his wealthy friends view 95% of the people in this country as plebs and serfs.

How he and his like have the brass neck to criticise anyone after what they’ve done is beyond me. And having crashed the economy, Labour are fireproof to his mumblings. The dispute is between the rail unions, the owners and the government. It’s nothing to do with Starmer in my view.
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:03 - Dec 16 with 1444 viewsSwansea_Blue

Zahawi’s right. Labour have failed to reach a settlement and we’ve got the strikes as a result. If this Labour government can’t get things done they should step down and let the Tories have a go.

Wibble.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:11 - Dec 16 with 1424 viewsgtsb1966

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:52 - Dec 16 by HARRY10

I'm sure it will play well with the usual dimwitted righties. The idea that vote to strike by members of a union can be blocked by a Labour leader.

Not sure how that sits with the cap doffer's endless bleats that an advisory vote should be enforced, where (as here) a vote for action can be blocked by....err............a non union member.

Yesterdays by election in Manchester shows where public opinion now lies Lab 69.6% to the Tory 15.9%, which would see no Tories in Parliament in any GE. That is not so much an indication of the next GE result as the recognition that the Tories ever decreasing slump is only getting worse.

Meanwhile Amazon workers have now voted to take industrial action (first time in the UK) and as to what can be afforded, Rolls Royce workers have just accepted a 10% pay rise (with bonus's)

This Tory shyster is out of step with public opinion, and will soon be with so many other Tories, out of office as well

The next general election is January 2025. That's 2 years away. The economy will be starting to recover and the future will look and feel a lot rosier. Unfortunately the bad news has peaked too early. I wouldn't be surprised if Sunak lasts longer than we all think......Unfortunately.
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:16 - Dec 16 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:52 - Dec 16 by HARRY10

"Yesterdays by election in Manchester shows where public opinion now lies Lab 69.6% to the Tory 15.9%, which would see no Tories in Parliament in any GE".

You don't understand how swings work and the national swing required to win a general election.

The swing at the Stretford and Urmston by election yesterday was 10% to Labour. The vote share at the last election was 43.6% Conservative/ 32.1% Labour. A 10% swing across the nation is a hung parliament. Not a Tory wipeout.

To put it into perspective. When the Tories won an 80 seat majority in 2019, the vote share at Stretford and Urmston was 60.3% Labour/ 27.5% Tory.

I still think Labour will comfortably win the next election but your math doesn't stack up Harry.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:32 - Dec 16 with 1383 viewsSwansea_Blue

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 20:54 - Dec 16 by Churchman

Zahawi is what he is. A rich idiot with personal wealth of £100m. Playing that Unions are responsible for everything card was a nonsense in the 70s and 80s and it is now.

Lynch is defending his members interests. Just as he should do. It’s what trade unions are for. It’s not his fault rail companies were flogged off to foreign companies for peanuts and profits are used to subsidise Europeans’ travel. Nor is it his fault that Zahawi and his wealthy friends view 95% of the people in this country as plebs and serfs.

How he and his like have the brass neck to criticise anyone after what they’ve done is beyond me. And having crashed the economy, Labour are fireproof to his mumblings. The dispute is between the rail unions, the owners and the government. It’s nothing to do with Starmer in my view.

He and Cleverly are possibly the worst lackeys this version of the Tory party have. They’re happy to go on record defending anything they’re told to defend, no matter how ridiculous, but offer absolutely nothing themselves. Total wastes of 2 MP positions.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:57 - Dec 16 with 1342 viewsHARRY10

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:11 - Dec 16 by gtsb1966

The next general election is January 2025. That's 2 years away. The economy will be starting to recover and the future will look and feel a lot rosier. Unfortunately the bad news has peaked too early. I wouldn't be surprised if Sunak lasts longer than we all think......Unfortunately.

Not true. Jan 2025 is the absolute latest, not the date, that is yet to be decided.

The worst is over ? Dear god, it has only just begun.

Those coming of mortgage deals are going to see a massive rise in their payments, often it will be unaffordable. Lessons weren't learnt from the crash of the early 90s and there will not be the rush to foreclose on those who cannot pay, however anyone without a family who bought recently and finds themselves in negative equity will have no incentive to pay. Stop paying, sit it out (9 months ?) and walk away with a few thousand.

Whatever extra payments are made to the mortgage is money taken out of the economy. It will hit businesses dependent upon disposable income spend

There will be a sht load of pubs and restaurants closing in the new year, along with shops (M&Co recently). It will be the high street names where we will see a number disappear.

The above ignores the continual 'death of a thousand cuts' of brexit. Companies will continue to shift production abroad as brexit costs and staff shortages take their toll.

[i/i]"Britain is in stagflation - with rocketing inflation, negative growth, falling productivity and business investment. Firms see potential growth opportunities but ... headwinds are causing them to pause investing in 2023," CBI Director-General Tony Danker said." Dec 5th

The concern is that each forecast over the past few months gets worse. However folk are quite happy to shrug off quite a bit, until it hits them directly. Most jobs lost will be mostly of the lower paid workers who will most likely find other employment.

It will be the mortgage costs rising that will really hit home - and the clamour for a GE will increase further.

For the Tories to cling on will be seen in hindsight as a huge mistake. Accept your faults. apologise and get out. The longder they stay, the greater damage.
Login to get fewer ads

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 22:12 - Dec 16 with 1312 viewsXYZ

This Nadhim Zahawi who is being questioned about the legality of his attempted tax avoidance on his YouGov shares ...

https://www.taxpolicy.org.uk/2022/09/21/zahawi_hide/

As usual it's one rule for them ...
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 23:37 - Dec 16 with 1185 viewsHARRY10

"Interest rates were at rock bottom levels for well over a decade following the financial crisis of 2007-08 and an entire generation has grown up believing that ultra-cheap borrowing is the norm. What’s more, many people have bought houses at high loan-to-income ratios in the belief that mortgage rates will be permanently low.

Those people have now seen interest rates rise by more in the last 12 months than in any year since 1989, and are now facing a serious reality check. While fixed-rate home loans will shield them for a while, they will eventually have to remortgage at significantly higher rates."

And therein lies the problem. During the period of far higher interest rates, a few decades back, a couple of points on the interest rate would amount to 20/25% increase in the monthly payments

A couple of points increase now could mean the almost doubling of your payments. Catastrophic for those who stretched their borrowing amount to the maximum. Add on the huge energy cost rises, and for many there will not be anywhere near enough money coming in to meet all outgoings.

Given how many people will be 'renewing their mortgage at a significantly higher rate over the coming year rather than all at the same point, it is going to take a while before the effects become really noticeable - arrears mounting.
Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 23:47 - Dec 16 with 1174 viewsIllinoisblue

Siri, show me a shameless politician who’s taking the piss on 21:32 - Dec 16 by Swansea_Blue

He and Cleverly are possibly the worst lackeys this version of the Tory party have. They’re happy to go on record defending anything they’re told to defend, no matter how ridiculous, but offer absolutely nothing themselves. Total wastes of 2 MP positions.

They are spineless. And imagine the back slapping that went on when one of their minions excitedly came up with the grinch/Lynch line. Guffaws all around.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024