Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shorts - random question. 17:35 - Jan 3 with 877 viewsMattinLondon

For as long as I can remember, when we have played away to a team wearing white shorts but not blue shirts, we have worn blue shorts. I know it’s not mandatory for teams to wear different coloured shorts but we, like some other teams, have voluntary worn alternate shorts.

But not this season - does anyone know why?
Shorts - random question. on 17:37 - Jan 3 with 835 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I thought it was normally the referees discretion as to changing ‘clashing’ shorts?
Maybe they’ve done away with it for this season?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Shorts - random question. on 17:40 - Jan 3 with 818 viewsDJR

I think the kit person wasn't able to wash the white shorts because he'd picked up the bug that was affecting some in the squad.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 17:41]
Shorts - random question. on 18:11 - Jan 3 with 739 viewsHungryLikeTheWoolf

I don't think we have any blue shorts this season.

https://kitgeek.wordpress.com/category/efl/

This blog suggests that from last season, EFL clubs were requested to only have 3 pairs of shorts. I guess we had white home, blue change, and black shorts (that were used for both the white away kit, and black third kit) last season?

Whereas this season, we have white home shorts, black and red away shorts, and all black third kit shorts, so can't have a 4th pair of shorts in blue.

Unless it's just that EFL rules are more relaxed on white shorts clashing - not sure if there's been any rule changes this season.
Shorts - random question. on 18:31 - Jan 3 with 711 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I recall us wearing some combination of blue (shirts I think it was) and orange (shorts) against someone like Sheffield Wednesday (I think it was) one year.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shorts - random question. on 23:31 - Jan 3 with 598 viewsWeWereZombies

Shorts - random question. on 18:11 - Jan 3 by HungryLikeTheWoolf

I don't think we have any blue shorts this season.

https://kitgeek.wordpress.com/category/efl/

This blog suggests that from last season, EFL clubs were requested to only have 3 pairs of shorts. I guess we had white home, blue change, and black shorts (that were used for both the white away kit, and black third kit) last season?

Whereas this season, we have white home shorts, black and red away shorts, and all black third kit shorts, so can't have a 4th pair of shorts in blue.

Unless it's just that EFL rules are more relaxed on white shorts clashing - not sure if there's been any rule changes this season.

Only three pairs of shorts ! There are eleven players in that team...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024