Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? 06:32 - Sep 14 with 3796 viewsMuncher

The game at the weekend (and the two after) are looking like big games in the way the season pans out for us.

I will be there on Saturday, watching what will be away match number 30 for me, over a spread of 22 years going to away games in which I am yet to see us win a single one of them. Within those games there have only been a handful of draws (most recently MK Dons last season). My record is so bad I stopped going away altogether for about a decade.

I’ve told KM about this, and this game in particular and I can only presume all the hard work on the training ground has been a build up to securing my first away win. One thing is sure, if we get 3 points on Saturday it’s definitely going to be our year.
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 07:17 - Sep 14 with 3684 viewsITFC_Forever

I’ve told you about this before.

Don’t go until we’re at least 20 points clear at the top. We don’t need your sort ruining it for everyone else.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 07:39 - Sep 14 with 3629 viewsKropotkin123

Why would you risk our unbeaten start?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 07:42 - Sep 14 with 3623 viewsnoggin

Have you tried spanking the monkey?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 08:06 - Sep 14 with 3535 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Take one for the team and don't go?

Worth it of we get 3 points

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 08:24 - Sep 14 with 3441 viewsOldsmoker

I can't believe you're a jinx.
Paul Lambert would have definitely included you in his blame game if it were so.

I went to the Anfield match 7 years running from 1975 and we never won.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 15:31 - Sep 14 with 3190 viewsMuncher

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 07:17 - Sep 14 by ITFC_Forever

I’ve told you about this before.

Don’t go until we’re at least 20 points clear at the top. We don’t need your sort ruining it for everyone else.

I want my first away win to be a good one, not a dead rubber.
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 15:43 - Sep 14 with 3142 viewstractordownsouth

My away record isn't quite as bad (1 win in 9 looks great compared to yours) but we almost always seem to have a new major injury or suspension the week before I go to a game. A few of the highlights.

Huddersfield (a) 1-2, 2015. Tyrone Mings suspended. Zeki Fryers disasterclass.

Bristol City (a) 1-2, 2016. It was the week after Fraser got injured at QPR. We had a few others missing too. It was one of those times games where you see the team sheet and just know we're going to lose.

Sheffield United (a) 0-1, 2017. Drab game, Garner injured before the game after a good start that season.

Plymouth (a) 1-2, 2021. Comical situation with both Burns and Donacien getting ill the morning of the game, leaving us with no right-sided players and no time to get KVY down to Devon. Even so, I still don't get the decision to play Hayden Coulson wide right.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) 0-1, 2022. The week Andy Holt got Morsy suspended. I like El Miz and Bakinson but they were no match for Bannan and co.

Safe to say we can blame the fact that I'm going to the Plymouth game for Wes Burns being called up for internationals that weekend.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2022 15:44]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:30 - Sep 17 with 2900 viewsMuncher

I really thought we’d done it there :(
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:47 - Sep 17 with 2842 viewspointofblue

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:30 - Sep 17 by Muncher

I really thought we’d done it there :(

Never go to a Town away game ever again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 18:16 - Oct 29 with 2572 viewsMuncher

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:47 - Sep 17 by pointofblue

Never go to a Town away game ever again.

Oh dear, make that 31 games without seeing a win.
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 18:17 - Oct 29 with 2560 viewspointofblue

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 18:16 - Oct 29 by Muncher

Oh dear, make that 31 games without seeing a win.

FFS learn your lesson!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 20:27 - Feb 3 with 2028 viewsMuncher

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 18:17 - Oct 29 by pointofblue

FFS learn your lesson!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, game number 32!
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:04 - Feb 3 with 1922 viewsITFC_Forever

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 20:27 - Feb 3 by Muncher

You’ve been told time and time again.

Leave it to the big boys and stop ruining it for everyone else.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 21:08 - Feb 3 with 1902 viewsPinewoodblue

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 20:27 - Feb 3 by Muncher

What can we do do to persuade you to stay at home?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 22:33 - Feb 3 with 1814 viewsArchiRob

Very selfish -I have never gone back to Old Trafford since our 9 -0 drubbing
Ironically we were singing what a waste of money at Andy Cole as he missed a hatfull but of course he went on to score 5
Wish we could be that ruthless

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 10:17 - Feb 5 with 1486 viewsMuncher

Anyone know of a good exorcist?
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 11:22 - Feb 5 with 1384 viewsArchiRob

just a thought - how about trying one or two of Plymouths and SW 's away games?

Poll: What best describes Norwich defeat

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 15:34 - Feb 5 with 1194 viewsMuncher

Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 11:22 - Feb 5 by ArchiRob

just a thought - how about trying one or two of Plymouths and SW 's away games?

I’m going to one of Sheffield Wednesday’s away games next Saturday…
Sheffield Wednesday, monkey off my back? on 07:57 - Feb 26 with 705 viewsMuncher

Well I finally did it, I eventually saw us win an away game at attempt number 33. I only had to wait 23 years for it to happen!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024