Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now 15:13 - Mar 26 with 13056 viewsIllinoisblue

This a highlight:

Grand Master
oh_weds_we_love_you
Posted 3 minutes ago
Worst result and performance in our history. I’ve never been this angry supporting Wednesday. Unprofessional and unacceptable. Lot would be released tonight if I was in charge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:15 - Mar 26 with 8576 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I like Darren Moore but they were on his back before they went on their fantastic run. I would imagine they will quickly be on it again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:23 - Mar 26 with 8387 viewsITFC_Forever

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:15 - Mar 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I like Darren Moore but they were on his back before they went on their fantastic run. I would imagine they will quickly be on it again.

There’s always been an undercurrent amongst their fans that they’ve been doing well despite Moore, not because of him… was never going to take much for that to come back to the surface.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:23 - Mar 26 with 8395 viewsRyorry

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:15 - Mar 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

On that note, which do people think is the Fickle-est Football Fanbase the World has ever seen 🤔

Wednesday
Nudge
City
Mamure
Chelski
Towen
Derby
Boltoff
England
Scotland

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:25 - Mar 26 with 8334 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:23 - Mar 26 by Ryorry

On that note, which do people think is the Fickle-est Football Fanbase the World has ever seen 🤔

Wednesday
Nudge
City
Mamure
Chelski
Towen
Derby
Boltoff
England
Scotland

Every club has fickle, entitled, optimistic and pessimistic fans. Just look on here.

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:29 - Mar 26 with 8243 viewsmrfixit426

I love the latest conspiracy theory from the tin foil hat wearing lunatic fringe:

"There are players in this side who know they will get contracts if we stay in this division ,BUT WILL NOT in the championship."
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:30 - Mar 26 with 8222 viewsbuoyant

"What's clear is that Bakinson, FDB and Adeniran can't be relied on and never more than 1 can be played at the same time. Luongo would've been perfect."

Oops....

UTT

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:49 - Mar 26 with 7868 viewsVic

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:29 - Mar 26 by mrfixit426

I love the latest conspiracy theory from the tin foil hat wearing lunatic fringe:

"There are players in this side who know they will get contracts if we stay in this division ,BUT WILL NOT in the championship."

If you trawl back on here a few years you’ll see exactly the same things said about some of our players!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:58 - Mar 26 with 7681 viewsChurchman

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:25 - Mar 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Every club has fickle, entitled, optimistic and pessimistic fans. Just look on here.

London clubs are the worst. The prize for me goes to Tottenham. Even back in the day they’d always have a whipping boy from minute one and were on the team by minute ten if they weren’t winning. Silver medal goes to West Ham, despite the ‘appy ammers’ reputation they seem to have. Nasty lot. Arsenal have a pretty hefty sense of entitlement too.

But yes, every club has its fickle, miserable, many fans, just as it has people that boo and hurl abuse. It’s always been that way.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 20:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 7489 viewsITFC_Forever

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:30 - Mar 26 by buoyant

"What's clear is that Bakinson, FDB and Adeniran can't be relied on and never more than 1 can be played at the same time. Luongo would've been perfect."

Oops....

They’ve got a point with that one, and add Iorfa to that list.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:08 - Mar 26 with 7478 viewsLord_Lucan

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:49 - Mar 26 by Vic

If you trawl back on here a few years you’ll see exactly the same things said about some of our players!

And it 100% happens.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:16 - Mar 26 with 7355 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:08 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

And it 100% happens.

Is it why Plymouth slipped at the end of last season?

Don't they have that same squad now?

Won't every top team have some players who will get moved on if they are promoted; and some who will go if they aren't.

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:43 - Mar 26 with 6958 viewsjayessess

I've seen it said this season even.

It's the kind of thing that should give us all pause for the thought the next time we're all tempted to have a melt down. It certainly won't help Wednesday if that's the sort of energy their supporters start bringing to games.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:47 - Mar 26 with 6883 viewsKropotkin123

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:43 - Mar 26 by jayessess

I've seen it said this season even.

It's the kind of thing that should give us all pause for the thought the next time we're all tempted to have a melt down. It certainly won't help Wednesday if that's the sort of energy their supporters start bringing to games.

Spot on. We have so much going for us. If we're in the stand, winning, drawing, or losing, we need to give the energy that we believe we will win.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:05 - Mar 26 with 6700 viewsGavTWTD

I've quite enjoyed being on there for half an hour reading about today. We've had a good few mentions but they put today's performance down to many things but mainly their thin squad and current injuries and rue not making more of the January window. Some mention a Sky hoodoo. There's a lot of pessimism up there at the moment.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:11 - Mar 26 with 6610 viewsandytown

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 16:08 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

And it 100% happens.

Wasn’t it Shane Supple who gave up because of that being the attitude from some in the dressing room?
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:39 - Mar 26 with 6328 viewsLord_Lucan

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:11 - Mar 26 by andytown

Wasn’t it Shane Supple who gave up because of that being the attitude from some in the dressing room?

Yes it was.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:53 - Mar 26 with 6192 viewsclive_baker

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 15:58 - Mar 26 by Churchman

London clubs are the worst. The prize for me goes to Tottenham. Even back in the day they’d always have a whipping boy from minute one and were on the team by minute ten if they weren’t winning. Silver medal goes to West Ham, despite the ‘appy ammers’ reputation they seem to have. Nasty lot. Arsenal have a pretty hefty sense of entitlement too.

But yes, every club has its fickle, miserable, many fans, just as it has people that boo and hurl abuse. It’s always been that way.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2023 20:09]

I quite respect West Ham fans delusion, but it does breed positivity, while Ipswich supporters tend to have this level of pessimism that might hold us back. You only need to look on here, we’ve got a run in to be feared while those around us will steam roller their way to 100 points. The West Ham psyche would be looking at 9 wins from 9 and thinking Exeter can put 4 past Plymouth.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:59 - Mar 26 with 6110 viewsRyorry

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:53 - Mar 26 by clive_baker

I quite respect West Ham fans delusion, but it does breed positivity, while Ipswich supporters tend to have this level of pessimism that might hold us back. You only need to look on here, we’ve got a run in to be feared while those around us will steam roller their way to 100 points. The West Ham psyche would be looking at 9 wins from 9 and thinking Exeter can put 4 past Plymouth.

"while Ipswich supporters tend to have this level of pessimism that might hold us back".

I think that's because, historically, luck often hasn't fallen for us - eg Oxford away & SW away this season.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:02 - Mar 26 with 6046 viewsmrfixit426

Yeah I remember that. They weren't binning the season off whilst being 11 points clear of 3rd place though.

Do you think there is an attitude problem with some of the players Darren Moore has had to use in the past few games? The drop in quality with 2 or 3 first choices injured looks dramatic.
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:30 - Mar 26 with 5799 viewsBleuBlue

Thank God Cookie got shot of them
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:34 - Mar 26 with 5730 viewsvilanovablue

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:02 - Mar 26 by mrfixit426

Yeah I remember that. They weren't binning the season off whilst being 11 points clear of 3rd place though.

Do you think there is an attitude problem with some of the players Darren Moore has had to use in the past few games? The drop in quality with 2 or 3 first choices injured looks dramatic.

The Windass and Byers injuries are a big blow.
Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:36 - Mar 26 with 5707 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 17:39 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Yes it was.

I thought it was more him saying that was one of the things that erroded his love for the game. Its what he witnessed in the dressing room rather than it being himself

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 18:53 - Mar 26 with 5577 viewsringwoodblue

My favourite comments are:

‘Sheffield Wednesday - Ending other clubs bad runs since 1867’
‘I need to bleach my eyes clean after watching that’
‘Is this Billy big bo××cks syndrome, we're better than every body,we've gone23 unbeaten so we'll walk promotion. Complete bottle jobs all of em. They all need a kick up the pants.’

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 20:45 - Mar 26 with 4981 viewsArnieM

Not so cocksure now are they!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Owls Talk forum is a good read right now on 20:46 - Mar 26 with 4987 viewsmonkeymagic

My favourite so far came from the man of the match thread :

“For me….it’s a throw up between Brown and Shipston. They both looked composed sat on the bench”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024