Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are 11:18 - Apr 4 with 1540 viewsKeno

JD and Jackson?

Wolfie was a fringe youth player and not player by the genuises that were Lamburk and Cook

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:27 - Apr 4 with 1480 viewsHerbivore

Just Donacien and Jackson. Who have we got that could be called Lambert players? Woolfie was here and played a fair bit under him but made his debut under Mick (in the cup) so not really a Lambert player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:29 - Apr 4 with 1456 viewsKeno

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:27 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

Just Donacien and Jackson. Who have we got that could be called Lambert players? Woolfie was here and played a fair bit under him but made his debut under Mick (in the cup) so not really a Lambert player.

I cant think of Lamburk players who are still here

that said I do try to blank that period out

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:36 - Apr 4 with 1438 viewsSitfcB

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:27 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

Us as fans have endured some sh!t over the years but so have KJ and JD, they certainly deserve some success in an ITFC shirt!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:37 - Apr 4 with 1422 viewsHerbivore

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:36 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

Us as fans have endured some sh!t over the years but so have KJ and JD, they certainly deserve some success in an ITFC shirt!

Absolutely. Both absolute grafters and good pros, both have also made important contributions since McKenna came in. Actually think they're both handy squad options even at the next level. Jackson was excellent in the two games against Burnley.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1388 viewsTractorFrog

Janoi Donacien, Kayden Jackson, Luke Woolfenden and Kane Vincent-Young are the only players in the team who were here before Paul Cook, plus a few who are out on loan currently like Idris El Mizouni, Corrie Ndaba and Elkan Baggott.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1385 viewsLankHenners

KVY the only one I can think of in terms of signings and it seems like his days are numbered now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:39 - Apr 4 with 1359 viewsKeno

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:39 - Apr 4 by LankHenners

KVY the only one I can think of in terms of signings and it seems like his days are numbered now.

good shout on KVY, with apologises I had forgotten him

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:48 - Apr 4 with 1261 viewsdavblue

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:37 - Apr 4 by Herbivore

Absolutely. Both absolute grafters and good pros, both have also made important contributions since McKenna came in. Actually think they're both handy squad options even at the next level. Jackson was excellent in the two games against Burnley.

agree with all that.

They've been a credit to the club really especially JD, never heard a word out of him when he wasn't in squads and in the reserves if i recall correctly, just trained and got on with it and went on loan when the option came up.
Login to get fewer ads

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:05 - Apr 4 with 1158 viewsNthsuffolkblue

[Further EDIT: this is wrong as Klug had done at the end of the previous season.]

Hurst gave Woolfenden his (EDIT: league) debut and sent him on a loan that helped greatly in his development. To claim him as a fringe youth player is a little bit of a stretch. I would suggest Hurst did more for his development than Lambert and Cook did.

Corrie Ndaba, Elkan Baggott and Idris El Mizouni were fringe youth team players under Hurst.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 12:23]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are (n/t) on 12:06 - Apr 4 with 1139 viewstractordownsouth

I'd class Woolfenden as a Lambert player because he'd only played 1 league game under Hurst and 2 with Klug.

Besides that, it's only KVY and at a push El Mizouni.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 12:08]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:11 - Apr 4 with 1078 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 11:36 - Apr 4 by SitfcB

They are clear examples of what can be achieved with good coaching and utilising their strengths. It should not be forgotten that Jackson had a very effective partnership with Norwood for half a season too.

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:13 - Apr 4 with 1068 viewsabingdon_blue

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:05 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

[Further EDIT: this is wrong as Klug had done at the end of the previous season.]

Hurst gave Woolfenden his (EDIT: league) debut and sent him on a loan that helped greatly in his development. To claim him as a fringe youth player is a little bit of a stretch. I would suggest Hurst did more for his development than Lambert and Cook did.

Corrie Ndaba, Elkan Baggott and Idris El Mizouni were fringe youth team players under Hurst.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 12:23]

Woolfie made his debut in 2017, a year before Hurst took over Town. I wouldnt say Hurst did much for his development other than send him out on loan. Which to be fair was probably a blessing not to be playing under Hurst.
Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:15 - Apr 4 with 1039 viewsblueislander

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:13 - Apr 4 by abingdon_blue

Woolfie made his debut in 2017, a year before Hurst took over Town. I wouldnt say Hurst did much for his development other than send him out on loan. Which to be fair was probably a blessing not to be playing under Hurst.

Wasn’t Woolfenden’s league debut at Reading under Klug?
Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:18 - Apr 4 with 1003 viewsabingdon_blue

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:15 - Apr 4 by blueislander

Correct! I was there. A 4-0 win as well. One of the rare occassions that we have won there
Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:18 - Apr 4 with 999 viewstractordownsouth

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:15 - Apr 4 by blueislander

Yeah. I think his cup debut was in that young team which lost at Palace in August 2017?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:21 - Apr 4 with 974 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Am I right thinking the only players left from Hurst's summer signings are on 12:13 - Apr 4 by abingdon_blue

Actually, on checking he made his league debut at the end of the 17-18 season in the two matches under Bryan Klug. Hurst did also play him versus Blackburn at the start of the following season. The Swindon loan was perfect for him.

I wasn't trying to claim any credit for Hurst in his development but was clarifying the OP comment that he was a fringe youth player. I think Klug probably did most for his development, then the Swindon manager and coaches and then McKenna and our current coaching set up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024