Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifty years ago today - 7th May 1973 09:06 - May 7 with 587 viewsMiaow

We won the Texaco Cup at Carrot Road. 🏆

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Fifty years ago today - 7th May 1973 on 09:25 - May 7 with 516 viewsArnieM

Lol I remember that night like it was yesterday. Went up with my friend ( school kids then), on the train. We were “ marched” from the station down to the ground. It was absolutely hissing down and by the time we got to the ground we were soaked through. I had my brand new Levi jeans on ( in the days before pre washed !) …. We went right behind the Barclay as we used to do in those days to get to our turnstiles. The mouse was deafening from Town fans. I started at the back of the stand, but my feet didn’t touch the ground there was that many packed into the away eve, and I ended up down near the front carried by the crowd surge after we scored.
At the end we ran onto the pitch and over to the stand where SBR was stood, alongside Mills holding the cup. I was clambering over the wooden seats to get near him. All I can remember is shouting “ Bobby, Bobby, Bobby” over and over again, I was that excited we’d win a competition AND beaten the scum. I got to within 4 feet of him and he turned to face this kid who kept shouting his name ….. I then didn’t know what to say lol 😂… he just grinned at me. When I eventually hit home snd peeled off my now shrink wrapped Levi jeans, I had indigo blue legs , which seemed a fitting end to the day !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Fifty years ago today - 7th May 1973 on 09:37 - May 7 with 474 viewsWestover

I also remember it well I was close to Pitsea station and the result came through on the car radio I was in the back seat with a lovely young lady and it was the start of the best three years of my life.😍 lol.
Fifty years ago today - 7th May 1973 on 09:46 - May 7 with 450 viewsMillsyVOR

😍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024