Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he 13:05 - May 7 with 4330 viewsFrimleyBlue

Shame he wasn't quite that level KM wanted.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 13:09 - May 7 with 4255 viewsSwailsey

Nice for the fans he’s meeting, and I may be in the minority here, but I find his loyalty and openness about town when he doesn’t play for us really odd.

I’d be fuming if one of our players did this - no wonder the QPR and Charlton fans don’t like him. Really unprofessional.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 13:11 - May 7 with 4207 viewsBigCommon

We are all true blues.....
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 13:31 - May 7 with 3977 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 13:09 - May 7 by Swailsey

Nice for the fans he’s meeting, and I may be in the minority here, but I find his loyalty and openness about town when he doesn’t play for us really odd.

I’d be fuming if one of our players did this - no wonder the QPR and Charlton fans don’t like him. Really unprofessional.

Lots of players are open about the teams they support. Besides, as he's not involved with Charlton today he effectively doesn't play for anyone now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 13:59 - May 7 with 3808 viewsJackNorthStand

Edmunson travelled out to the Europa League final to support Rangers. Did you think that unprofessional and we’re you fuming at that too?
[Post edited 7 May 2023 14:00]
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 14:48 - May 7 with 3464 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I do get your point a little but if Connor Chaplin expressed his boyhood love of Barnsley and went to watch them when he isn't involved for us, I would have no issue. Provided he gives 100% for us, including against them, we can't complain really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 14:59 - May 7 with 3361 viewsIpswich1984

Oh get over it, he's a local lad who grew up in Chantry has always supported the club!!

I bet you had an issue with Woolfie and Clarke singing the anti norwich songs and showing there loyalty to the club last wee

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:01 - May 7 with 3321 viewsSwailsey

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 14:59 - May 7 by Ipswich1984

Oh get over it, he's a local lad who grew up in Chantry has always supported the club!!

I bet you had an issue with Woolfie and Clarke singing the anti norwich songs and showing there loyalty to the club last wee

Edgy.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:07 - May 7 with 3251 viewsSchmoke

I think we can tell who his mates are from the downies...

I'm with you though, it's a really misguided thing to do at best.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:35 - May 7 with 3098 viewsFifeITFC

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 14:48 - May 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I do get your point a little but if Connor Chaplin expressed his boyhood love of Barnsley and went to watch them when he isn't involved for us, I would have no issue. Provided he gives 100% for us, including against them, we can't complain really.

There's supporting a club you support, and then there's wearing one of their shirts whilst actually being a signed professional footballer - especially for a side in the same division.

If Chaplin went to support Barnsley or whatever, I wouldn't mind. But if they then started wearing their shirts etc I would be less keen.

I can see what people are saying here, but if I was a Charlton fan, I would be even less impressed with him.

Incidentally, is he out of the Charlton through injury or since his "liking" Town stuff on Instagram after we beat them 6-0? Has he played for them since then?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:37 - May 7 with 3073 viewsParisBlue

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:35 - May 7 by FifeITFC

There's supporting a club you support, and then there's wearing one of their shirts whilst actually being a signed professional footballer - especially for a side in the same division.

If Chaplin went to support Barnsley or whatever, I wouldn't mind. But if they then started wearing their shirts etc I would be less keen.

I can see what people are saying here, but if I was a Charlton fan, I would be even less impressed with him.

Incidentally, is he out of the Charlton through injury or since his "liking" Town stuff on Instagram after we beat them 6-0? Has he played for them since then?

He's not played since he liked that instagram post. His contract is up at the end of the season and he was told last week he wouldn't be involved today and he'll be released.

Wonder where he'll end up. Orient maybe, or Gillingham perhaps?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:38 - May 7 with 3068 viewsBlueOura

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:35 - May 7 by FifeITFC

Not played for them since and is now a free agent.
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:46 - May 7 with 2992 viewstractorboy1978

Why should the Charlton fans care? He was told he wasn't in their squad today and that he is being released. He can do what he likes with his own time. Says more about you than him if you would be 'fuming'!
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 16:41 - May 7 with 2723 viewsSwailsey

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:46 - May 7 by tractorboy1978

Why should the Charlton fans care? He was told he wasn't in their squad today and that he is being released. He can do what he likes with his own time. Says more about you than him if you would be 'fuming'!

I meant in general about how he’s been with his other clubs, telling the press he only wanted to play for us when he was at QPR, liking our clubs tweet after we beat his team 6:0.

Not really sure why there’s such a pile on about this, I wasn’t trying to be controversial.

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 16:41 - May 7 with 2720 viewstractordownsouth

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 15:37 - May 7 by ParisBlue

He's not played since he liked that instagram post. His contract is up at the end of the season and he was told last week he wouldn't be involved today and he'll be released.

Wonder where he'll end up. Orient maybe, or Gillingham perhaps?

Either of those could be realistic options, with Orient being his former club and Gillingham spending big on wages since their takeover.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 17:48 - May 7 with 2472 viewsBramidan

Whenever a Manager is appointed in the first interview, it’s always ‘Us’ or ‘we’ despite the fact they’ve never been near the club.
Total hypocrisy, he’s a Chantry boy and supports the team.
As a professional he gets paid by the club he plays for, nothing to do with who he supports.
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 18:00 - May 7 with 2410 viewsNutkins_Return

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 16:41 - May 7 by Swailsey

I meant in general about how he’s been with his other clubs, telling the press he only wanted to play for us when he was at QPR, liking our clubs tweet after we beat his team 6:0.

Not really sure why there’s such a pile on about this, I wasn’t trying to be controversial.

I don't think I'd have any problem with a player not in a match day squad going to support his boyhood club particularly. It's a little bit more sensitive when in same league I suppose.

Liking our win after they got hammered by us though was outrageously silly and disrespectful to Charlton and their fans. That really lacked professionalism.

Players can support their boyhood clubs but it's really obvious that should keep it more discrete.

Hope Bonne gets a good move. Orient would make sense. He'd be a good signing for Wrexham!
Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 18:50 - May 7 with 2261 viewstractorboy1978

Bonne really is a true blue isn't he on 18:00 - May 7 by Nutkins_Return

I don't think I'd have any problem with a player not in a match day squad going to support his boyhood club particularly. It's a little bit more sensitive when in same league I suppose.

Liking our win after they got hammered by us though was outrageously silly and disrespectful to Charlton and their fans. That really lacked professionalism.

Players can support their boyhood clubs but it's really obvious that should keep it more discrete.

Hope Bonne gets a good move. Orient would make sense. He'd be a good signing for Wrexham!

He'll up somewhere that is commutable from Ipswich so it won't be Wrexham!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024