Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez 00:43 - Jun 17 with 2549 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 00:50 - Jun 17 with 2493 viewsMattinLondon

I feel quite sorry for Teddy Bishop - obviously we’ll never know for sure, but if his career was not so injury ravaged, I do think that he would easily be an established PL player. Also, I do think that McKenna would have given him a new lease of life here.
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 05:09 - Jun 17 with 2358 viewsfranz_tyson

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 00:50 - Jun 17 by MattinLondon

I feel quite sorry for Teddy Bishop - obviously we’ll never know for sure, but if his career was not so injury ravaged, I do think that he would easily be an established PL player. Also, I do think that McKenna would have given him a new lease of life here.

Injuries aside - what made Teddy Bishop such a good player here?

He only had the ability to beat a couple of players. He could glide effortlessly past a couple before getting brought down 2-3 rimes a game.
He wasn't a particularly good passer/crosser. He wasn't a good tackler. Not noted for his engine. Couldn't head. Hardly scored or provided assists. Don't get this infatuation with him. Just feel his potential from the first season at 18 and the niggling injuries completely exaggerated his talent. He just wasn't that good. Being picked up by Lincoln at 25 ( a good age) for 200k says it all for me.
Why would McKenna given him a new lease of life? McKenna's not a magician. It's up to the player to also have that ability and desire if he wants to improve. One of the most over-rated players we've had. Where would he fit in for us? He's not a Morsy type? Box to box midfielder (8)? Number 10? None of those. He wouldn't fit and isn't good enough. League 1 is his level.
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 07:14 - Jun 17 with 2136 viewsRozz

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 05:09 - Jun 17 by franz_tyson

He only had the ability to beat a couple of players. He could glide effortlessly past a couple before getting brought down 2-3 rimes a game.
He wasn't a particularly good passer/crosser. He wasn't a good tackler. Not noted for his engine. Couldn't head. Hardly scored or provided assists. Don't get this infatuation with him. Just feel his potential from the first season at 18 and the niggling injuries completely exaggerated his talent. He just wasn't that good. Being picked up by Lincoln at 25 ( a good age) for 200k says it all for me.
Why would McKenna given him a new lease of life? McKenna's not a magician. It's up to the player to also have that ability and desire if he wants to improve. One of the most over-rated players we've had. Where would he fit in for us? He's not a Morsy type? Box to box midfielder (8)? Number 10? None of those. He wouldn't fit and isn't good enough. League 1 is his level.

Tell us how you really feel...
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 07:36 - Jun 17 with 2058 viewsStewart27

I actually thought we had a decent team when we got relegated.

We didn’t. It was bloody awful.

That’s dross right there.
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 08:02 - Jun 17 with 1972 viewsJimmy86

I still cringe at the fact we played Douglas, Hyam and Skuse in midfield against Rotherham, who were in the bottom 3 at the time!!! That really was Mick all over... Too worried about the opposition, even at home...

This team and squad is the absolute opposite of that and long may it continue
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 08:33 - Jun 17 with 1821 viewsCheltenham_Blue

When you think about what Shane Ward has done since winning X-Factor, it should have been clear he wasn't good enough, nor have the work ethic to play at left back.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 08:57 - Jun 17 with 1719 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 08:33 - Jun 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

When you think about what Shane Ward has done since winning X-Factor, it should have been clear he wasn't good enough, nor have the work ethic to play at left back.

Think we heared 'That's my goal' and expected him to be Roberto Carlos.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:05 - Jun 17 with 1691 viewsFixed_It

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 07:14 - Jun 17 by Rozz

Tell us how you really feel...

I think Teddy must have run over his cat...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:07 - Jun 17 with 1680 viewsSharkey

It would be interesting to know how the salaries of that XI would compare to the one that finished last season.
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:12 - Jun 17 with 1664 viewsNthQldITFC

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:05 - Jun 17 by Fixed_It

I think Teddy must have run over his cat...

The cat was fine, but Teddy's car was a write-off.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:56 - Jun 17 with 1552 viewsjayessess

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 07:36 - Jun 17 by Stewart27

I actually thought we had a decent team when we got relegated.

We didn’t. It was bloody awful.

That’s dross right there.

That team was Season 2 after Lambert had 4 windows to mould his winning formula.

First match in League One was:

Holy; Donacien, Woolfenden, WIlson, Kenlock; Rowe, Skuse, Downes, Garbutt; Norwood, Jackson.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 10:43 - Jun 17 with 1434 viewsStewart27

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 09:07 - Jun 17 by Sharkey

It would be interesting to know how the salaries of that XI would compare to the one that finished last season.

This is no def info but weren’t the salaries of that awful team 2018-2021 quite high?

One of Evans’ master strokes was paying very high wages due to saving on transfer fees.
Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 15:23 - Jun 17 with 1257 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 05:09 - Jun 17 by franz_tyson

He was genuinely the worst striker of a football I have ever seen.

Couldn't generate any power on his shots

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 15:37 - Jun 17 with 1222 viewsbraveblue

Town lineups you look back at and think jeez on 08:02 - Jun 17 by Jimmy86

I still cringe at the fact we played Douglas, Hyam and Skuse in midfield against Rotherham, who were in the bottom 3 at the time!!! That really was Mick all over... Too worried about the opposition, even at home...

This team and squad is the absolute opposite of that and long may it continue

And that was at home!! One of the worst displays I have ever seen including the manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024