Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back 15:40 - Aug 1 with 5277 viewsblueasfook

Bloody boring. Too political. Before seeing it, I thought it would be all about the exciting race to build the first atomic bomb, but seemed to be all over the place. Brief bits set in Los Alamos but lots of it in some enquiry room long after the war and just political nonsense. With it being boring, makes the 3hrs you're stuck watching quite unbearable.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:51 - Aug 1 with 3914 viewsPerublue

I liked it ...didn't love it.for me half an hour too long.Nolans films are all time based and the different time periods are signature too.
The acting and cinematography was top notch and the 3 minutes or so build up and aftermath to the Trinity test itself was one the the most tense times I have had in a cinema (since my mate offered me popcorn from his box with a hole in the bottom) .
I re watched Intestellar the other day which I have always loved on the strength of seeing Oppy and love that film even more now.

It will win a sheeetload of Oscars
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 15:57]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:53 - Aug 1 with 3901 viewshype313

You Should've gone into see Barbie instead.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:54 - Aug 1 with 3881 viewsPerublue

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:53 - Aug 1 by hype313

Loved that BTW....and I dressed up
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 15:54]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 3864 viewsTalkingBlues

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 15:53 - Aug 1 by hype313

TBF, that might have been too political for Blueas too šŸ˜

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 16:08 - Aug 1 with 3814 viewsLankHenners

You're surprised that a biopic about the director of the Manhattan Project was fairly heavy on the politics?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 16:39 - Aug 1 with 3708 viewsthatbdude

Don't want to upset you but a biopic about the guy who made the first atomic bomb isn't going to feature the avengers doing some "cool" and "awesome" action tricks.

I quite liked it and like the critics said, it's to be devastating, especially near the end.

Poll: Who going down?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 16:43 - Aug 1 with 3678 viewsHerbivore

I thought it was good but could easily have been half an hour to an hour shorter. Since films went digital rather than requiring actual film, the art of editing has been entirely lost. Rare to see a film under 2 hours these days and most films feel bloated to me.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 17:14 - Aug 1 with 3601 viewsDJR

Personally, I don't like drama based on real life because there is generally always an angle, sometimes only one side of the story emerges, or bits are invented or omitted by way of poetic licence.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 17:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:19 - Aug 1 with 3450 viewsKeno

Always said it would bomb at the box office

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:23 - Aug 1 with 3423 viewsEwan_Oozami

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:19 - Aug 1 by Keno

Only a little boy would say that....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:25 - Aug 1 with 3408 viewsBlueBadger

I was expecting it to blow up massively.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:45 - Aug 1 with 3352 viewsKeno

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 18:23 - Aug 1 by Ewan_Oozami

Only a little boy would say that....

Could have been worse you could have called me a fat man

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 19:33 - Aug 1 with 3278 viewsJohnTy

You were wrong. Grossed 400 million in first ten days.
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 3267 viewsstonojnr

Ultimately its a biopic of Oppenheimer, which to Nolans credit he did try to tell people beforehand, not a film about the atom bomb, even though the trailer probably under instructions from the studio, basically makes you think its just all about making the bomb right ?

Hence why people say the films too long and too talky because the trinity test happens with about an hour left, amd really is concentrating on the fallout (sorry) of it on Oppenheimer and his life during the McCarthy era not thr actual trinity test, Its like a classic political thriller set against the backdrop of a race to progress science... yeah ok you can see why they focused on the big explosion in the trailer can't you.

Fwiw i thought it was a very good film, very well acted, filmed, the cinematography was excellent. And I don't always like Nolans indulgent films, Tenet was a mess and I really don't like Interstellar even as a space geek, though the soundtrack is amazing.

Its not a film everyone's going to like, for sure, not a film I'm going to go and rewatch or buy on bluray.

But I'd rank it up there as an 8/10 film
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 20:08 - Aug 1 with 3189 viewsKeno

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 19:33 - Aug 1 by JohnTy

You were wrong. Grossed 400 million in first ten days.

I wasnt trying too right, but lets not split hairs or atoms come to that

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 20:53 - Aug 1 with 3120 viewsJohnTy

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 20:08 - Aug 1 by Keno

I wasnt trying too right, but lets not split hairs or atoms come to that

You're way ahead of me. I'm still struggling with Schrodinger's cat
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:01 - Aug 1 with 3092 viewsKeno

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 20:53 - Aug 1 by JohnTy

You're way ahead of me. I'm still struggling with Schrodinger's cat

sometimes you have to think outside the box

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:19 - Aug 1 with 3058 viewsJohnTy

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:01 - Aug 1 by Keno

sometimes you have to think outside the box

I guess you are too young to remember Take Your Pick.
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:26 - Aug 1 with 3033 viewsitfcolly

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 16:43 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

I thought it was good but could easily have been half an hour to an hour shorter. Since films went digital rather than requiring actual film, the art of editing has been entirely lost. Rare to see a film under 2 hours these days and most films feel bloated to me.

Oppenheimer was shot on film.
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 22:03 - Aug 1 with 2965 viewsKeno

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:19 - Aug 1 by JohnTy

I guess you are too young to remember Take Your Pick.

If only!!

Iā€™ve vague memories of Mike Miles original version and then the Des Oā€™Connor version

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 07:30 - Aug 2 with 2773 viewsJohnTy

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 22:03 - Aug 1 by Keno

If only!!

Iā€™ve vague memories of Mike Miles original version and then the Des Oā€™Connor version

"Open the box".
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 07:47 - Aug 2 with 2750 viewsWestcountryblue

Too much dialogue in my opinion. Verbal diarrhea from a multitude of different characters made the plot's finer details ambiguous and resulted in a lack of character development from anyone aside Oppenheimer himself. Nicely shot pic though.
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 07:51 - Aug 2 with 2743 viewsHerbivore

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 21:26 - Aug 1 by itfcolly

Oppenheimer was shot on film.

But I seriously doubt it was screened using reels of film (not sure any cinemas use these now), which was one of the key original reasons films needed to be edited. The length of films has got out of control over the last 20 years (coinciding with the use of digital projectors), including Oppenheimer imo, which would have been a better film for tightening up some of the exposition and cutting at least half an hour from the length.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 10:07 - Aug 2 with 2573 viewssoupytwist

Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 07:47 - Aug 2 by Westcountryblue

Too much dialogue in my opinion. Verbal diarrhea from a multitude of different characters made the plot's finer details ambiguous and resulted in a lack of character development from anyone aside Oppenheimer himself. Nicely shot pic though.

Too much dialogue that was inaudible in my view but maybe I'm getting old.

I enjoyed it. Once you get the hang of the timelines that are running in the film it makes sense. Some of the conceptual sequences got in the way a bit but a good score and the clothing/costumes looked great.
Oppenheimer Movie - 3hrs of my life I want back on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 2520 viewsLanky

Christ alive. Surely the literal name of the film was a dead give away as to what the film would be about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024