Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All quiet on the Western Front 13:20 - Aug 4 with 1287 viewspafcprogs

So I thought I would pop by and wish you all the best for the Brave New World of the Championship.

Genuinely I hope all the three promoted sides have good seasons....it was an epic League 1 last season and this season will be a challenge.

From our side I detect optimism tinged with realism.

From your side I detect optimism tinged with confidence.

From Wednesday I detect pessimism tinged with relief they have finally signed some players.

So parking the pseudo rivalry until we play each other have a great season.....and see you all for the Paul Mariner derby.

Now I need to get back to refreshing Pasoti every thirty seconds as apparently we are signing someone today.....
All quiet on the Western Front on 13:23 - Aug 4 with 1236 viewsblueasfook

Best of luck Plymouth. Was an amazing League One season yeah. Hope you whoop some arse in the championship. But not ours naturally.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

All quiet on the Western Front on 13:28 - Aug 4 with 1195 viewsJ2BLUE

Good luck. I think you will do well and surprise a few.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All quiet on the Western Front on 13:44 - Aug 4 with 1070 viewspointofblue

Good luck to Plymouth for the season!

I keep refreshing TWTD every thirty seconds hoping for news of a signing. I think the transfer activity over the summer has split the fanbase - some still confident, some slightly concerned, some realistic.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 13:45]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

All quiet on the Western Front on 13:58 - Aug 4 with 940 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Both clubs will be absolutely fine next season. I've predicted us finishing 11th, and yourselves 14th.

Best of luck.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

All quiet on the Western Front on 14:01 - Aug 4 with 927 viewsthe_toff

And to you and Plymouth. There's was a bit of 'needle' and inter divisional rivalry last season between our clubs, at least on social media but I can't say it was ever something I bought in to. I wanted to see you slip up towards the end, but only for entirely selfish reasons and that would've been true of any side above us, as is normal for football supporters. But you didn't, you deservedly won the league and finished with an outstanding number of points. You won't find many Town fans who would resent you that title given the level of consistency and brutal knack for winning football matches.

Looking forward I would say optimism is correct, but there's also realism. The Championship is a tough league, the tougher looking games from last season become the easier looking ones now, on paper at least. I think both clubs will finish somewhere between 7th and 21st, I think we'll be playing each other in the Championship the season after this one. Where within that range is anyone's guess but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Good luck and all the best.
All quiet on the Western Front on 14:09 - Aug 4 with 882 viewsChurchman

Good luck. I think Argyle will do ok. There’s no way a team that scored over 100 points, won the division and retained the key elements of that team will struggle. Wednesday might. Odd choice of manager and an owner in conflict with the supporters.

Ah the brilliant Paul Mariner - my favourite ever ITFC player. What a privilege it was to see him play.
All quiet on the Western Front on 14:27 - Aug 4 with 761 viewspafcprogs

All quiet on the Western Front on 13:58 - Aug 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

Both clubs will be absolutely fine next season. I've predicted us finishing 11th, and yourselves 14th.

Best of luck.

Can I take that now :)
All quiet on the Western Front on 14:31 - Aug 4 with 740 viewshype313

All quiet on the Western Front on 14:27 - Aug 4 by pafcprogs

Can I take that now :)

Think both of us will be fine, Wednesday on the other hand...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024