Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Champ highlights on ITV4 - man I’m looking forward to this season 21:34 - Aug 5 with 1514 viewsunstableblue

You can only tell so much from highlights… but main takeaway so far is the individual player technical quality is a HUGE step up to League One… I know that’s obvious. But we’re going to watch some cracking players and teams… and none more so than the strikers we’ll face.

There were some ridiculous posters earlier saying we shouldn’t care about Plymouth. Clap trap.

They were our betters last season, they have one the most promising managers alongside McKenna, and they’ve permanently signed the loanees that we used to bemoan as non-permanent.

Plymouth are going to be a great rival and no reason we should be ahead of them. We’ll have to earn that.

I think they’ll have a good season. But can they be good away from home?

But of course you can’t read too much into the first weekend, as we should remember at the final whistle tomorrow.

Bloody blowy down at Plymouth mind!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:35]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Lots of dodgy pen decisions in games; low crowd Ashton gate; will Keane back (n/t) on 21:53 - Aug 5 with 1309 viewsunstableblue

Watching Champ highlights on ITV4 - man I’m looking forward to this season on 22:12 - Aug 5 with 1194 viewsKev_W

Tend to agree. The Championship is tougher than when we were last there. Most sides are better coached and technically and tactically more adept. Despite the air of confidence around the club and amongst supporters, this is the hardest season to predict since the 2000 - 2001 move to the PL. Some of the players we feel can step up will not make the transition but others will rise to the challenge. A couple more major signings needed in this transfer window and the same again in January. As is often the case, the team that ends the season may be quite different in personnel to tomorrows line up.
Two words on 22:36 - Aug 5 with 1065 viewsunstableblue

Watching Champ highlights on ITV4 - man I’m looking forward to this season on 22:12 - Aug 5 by Kev_W

Tend to agree. The Championship is tougher than when we were last there. Most sides are better coached and technically and tactically more adept. Despite the air of confidence around the club and amongst supporters, this is the hardest season to predict since the 2000 - 2001 move to the PL. Some of the players we feel can step up will not make the transition but others will rise to the challenge. A couple more major signings needed in this transfer window and the same again in January. As is often the case, the team that ends the season may be quite different in personnel to tomorrows line up.

Paracahute payments!

They make the 3 coming down incredibly rich with players

And then the likes of Watford and Norwich still have funding left

Then as you say the level of management is far superior

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024