Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not withstanding issues in the first half with keeping possession 08:54 - Aug 7 with 213 viewshomer_123

and overplaying at times.

I have to say, much like last year, albeit Bellingham's miss aside, we continually created the better goal scoring chances.

The second half we asserted ourselves well and overall we deserved the win. Must remember that no Walton in goal and VH started poorly but actually ensured the three points. Donacien was excellent but after being taken out did struggle and was an able replacement for Clarke.

I thought Davis was absolutely brilliant and my POTM, kept their winger completely quiet in the end and dominated that battle.

Great to see Hirst get out the blocks in the first game and a tidy finish as well.

The game should have been wrapped up and that is the big learning I think. Hutch should have scored and Ladapo should have squard to Ball - game over at that point.

Away from home, we have shown we can absorb pressure and defend well, whilst looking extremely threatening on the break. I would have liked us to be a bit more composed towards the end but hey, first game after promotion, away from home and a win!

All in all, an excellent result and, in all honestly, 2 more points than I was expecting.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024