Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers 11:43 - Aug 10 with 2895 viewsunstableblue

… last night, he also says that we brought on our big guns to see it out! He has a point.

I thought you should know

So I think that puts the result and performance in an even better light

I agree with Pert that what is encouraging is that you can swap out the whole Ipswich team, and yet the system and structure of play stays identical. Puts it down to hard work on the training ground.

This is the big difference at Town now, we have a set way of playing and DNA that runs through the club. We used to have a real schism between a team, b team and academy levels.

Shame Freddie and in part Hutchison didn’t set up fully.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 2639 viewsClutch

He doesn't have a point.
Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:28 - Aug 10 with 2453 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

.... the 7 or 8 first teamers still went 1-0 down against an entirely changed Ipswich team.

Bringing on a handful of players who played in the league to see us through is pretty basic stuff in football. We could have started them and won by more by his logic...
Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:32 - Aug 10 with 2417 viewsIllinoisblue

I admire your ability to get excited about a largely meaningless game!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:35 - Aug 10 with 2400 viewschicoazul

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:32 - Aug 10 by Illinoisblue

For me my admiration is reserved for his endless number of friends who support whatever given club we are playing game to game.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I admire how many.... on 12:37 - Aug 10 with 2384 viewsBloots

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:32 - Aug 10 by Illinoisblue

....mates he's got that all seem to support the team we are playing/have just played!

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

FFS, I need to.... on 12:38 - Aug 10 with 2350 viewsBloots

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:35 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

For me my admiration is reserved for his endless number of friends who support whatever given club we are playing game to game.

....read the replies before I post, don't I!?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:38 - Aug 10 with 2340 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

No first team fixture is meaningless if your a competitive club. I am glad we're moving away from the "too big for mickey mouse cups" mentality of the failure years. Ipswich is a big enough club to win the League Cup, just looks at what Leicester achieved in the competition in the 90's, and what they did in the years since, we should be trying to use it as a building block back to the top, not looking down on it.
FFS, I need to.... on 12:39 - Aug 10 with 2334 viewschicoazul

FFS, I need to.... on 12:38 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....read the replies before I post, don't I!?

Hang your head in shame young man.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Great minds though eh......? on 12:40 - Aug 10 with 2322 viewsBloots

FFS, I need to.... on 12:39 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

Hang your head in shame young man.

....I'm sure our fans on here would agree.

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 2156 viewsunstableblue

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 12:35 - Aug 10 by chicoazul

I love how you and Bloots think that having a circle of friends and family is a negative thing!

Or are you just calling me a liar? are you suggesting I didn't get a WhatsApp at 23:09 last night from Bristol? that its all just some mad deluded fantasy?!

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 2048 viewsWickets

For me any supported who considers any first team fixture as meaningless is a meaningless supporter !
Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 1965 viewsIllinoisblue

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:34 - Aug 10 by Wickets

For me any supported who considers any first team fixture as meaningless is a meaningless supporter !

Not even KMac cares about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:48 - Aug 10 with 1950 viewsSitfcB

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:12 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

I love how you and Bloots think that having a circle of friends and family is a negative thing!

Or are you just calling me a liar? are you suggesting I didn't get a WhatsApp at 23:09 last night from Bristol? that its all just some mad deluded fantasy?!

Don’t be so precious x

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:52 - Aug 10 with 1929 viewsBiGDonnie

What does he have a point about?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:55 - Aug 10 with 1907 viewsBlueBadger

Does he really though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 1900 viewstractor_lady

Meaning we changed 11, while they changed 3??!!
I admire how many.... on 14:00 - Aug 10 with 1884 viewsBlueBadger

I admire how many.... on 12:37 - Aug 10 by Bloots

....mates he's got that all seem to support the team we are playing/have just played!

I feel that similar to parliament with the register of members' interests, that this place should have a 'mates who support lower league teams' register for when people try this kind of OP.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 14:01 - Aug 10 with 1873 viewsunstableblue

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:56 - Aug 10 by tractor_lady

Meaning we changed 11, while they changed 3??!!

Yes that's what my mate is stating

I said I “admired it”…. on 14:07 - Aug 10 with 1834 viewsBloots

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 13:12 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

…I wish I was so blessed.

Personally I 3 friends, one supports Spurs, one is Arsenal and the other is my Dog.

She’s not really into football.

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 1803 viewsunstableblue

How very dare you

I'd say Pizza Cup was meaningless, well a bit

Given the size of our squad I think Carabao Cup has one meaning is to get our back-up 11 game time to be ready!

Think Edmunson, Leigh, Taylor got a lot of value.

So is it just a training game - well 15,000 think so!

I enjoyed it... and Bristol Rovers were definitely taking it seriously

I said I “admired it”…. on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 1766 viewsunstableblue

I said I “admired it”…. on 14:07 - Aug 10 by Bloots

…I wish I was so blessed.

Personally I 3 friends, one supports Spurs, one is Arsenal and the other is my Dog.

She’s not really into football.

Well that's OK then.

You have only have 2 human friends?! well you can add chicoazul, I think he supports Ipswich and is human (?!)

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 14:38 - Aug 10 with 1681 viewshomer_123

"I agree with Pert that what is encouraging is that you can swap out the whole Ipswich team, and yet the system and structure of play stays identical. Puts it down to hard work on the training ground."

That was evident throughout last season - that's nothing new.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 14:42 - Aug 10 with 1645 viewsBlueStreak

Bristol Rovers mate states Rovers started with 7 or 8 first teamers on 11:54 - Aug 10 by Clutch

He doesn't have a point.

He clearly does though.

We were giving away a number of chances before CC, GH and HC came on. They were brought on to finish the game off which they did almost instantly?
He’s my husband, so doesn’t count. (n/t) on 14:42 - Aug 10 with 1642 viewsBloots

I said I “admired it”…. on 14:15 - Aug 10 by unstableblue

Well that's OK then.

You have only have 2 human friends?! well you can add chicoazul, I think he supports Ipswich and is human (?!)

He’s my husband, so doesn’t count. (n/t) on 15:14 - Aug 10 with 1553 viewschicoazul

He’s my husband, so doesn’t count. (n/t) on 14:42 - Aug 10 by Bloots

XOXO babes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024