Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich to Bury trains today 09:07 - Aug 12 with 965 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Looks like the only options around the end of the game are the 17:21 and 19:21?!

Why no 18:21?

Really not great if this is the case
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:14 - Aug 12 with 909 viewsbackwaywhen

Does that journey stop at Needham ? Grandsons first game today , told my son to leave a little early as he is only 6 and game will drag on under new rules .
Thanks in advance.
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:19 - Aug 12 with 896 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:14 - Aug 12 by backwaywhen

Does that journey stop at Needham ? Grandsons first game today , told my son to leave a little early as he is only 6 and game will drag on under new rules .
Thanks in advance.

Yes, they both stop at Needham.

There’s also a 17:39 for Needham, though have to change at Stowmarket for this one and ends up taking 1 1/4 hours rather than 8 minutes!
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:37 - Aug 12 with 860 viewsTractorWood

5:21, 7:21, 8:00, 8:21

Ridiculous

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:37 - Aug 12 with 855 viewsAlmondo

The trains to Norfolk aren't much better. My best option is the 18:39 to King's Lynn via NORWICH
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:40 - Aug 12 with 843 viewsBrockleyBlue78

What would be a good solution?

An extra train around 18:00 with 3-4 carriages?
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 10:05 - Aug 12 with 804 viewsbracknell_blue

ASLEF industrial action - overtime ban. Now you can see how much GA depend on overtime rather than recruit and train more drivers.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 10:12 - Aug 12 with 786 viewsportmanroadblue

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 10:05 - Aug 12 by bracknell_blue

ASLEF industrial action - overtime ban. Now you can see how much GA depend on overtime rather than recruit and train more drivers.

And put better rosters in place to cover weekends
Ipswich to Bury trains today on 11:13 - Aug 12 with 707 viewsbrogansnose

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 09:40 - Aug 12 by BrockleyBlue78

What would be a good solution?

An extra train around 18:00 with 3-4 carriages?

Could be wrong but I believe that they can't add carriages because some of the stations platforms are too short on the Ipswich to Cambridge line. It's always been a mystery to me why the train to Cambridge after a mid week match stops at BSE rather than heading onwards.

Either way, getting around East Anglia by train at the best of times can be problematic.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 13:13 - Aug 12 with 602 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Ipswich to Bury trains today on 11:13 - Aug 12 by brogansnose

Could be wrong but I believe that they can't add carriages because some of the stations platforms are too short on the Ipswich to Cambridge line. It's always been a mystery to me why the train to Cambridge after a mid week match stops at BSE rather than heading onwards.

Either way, getting around East Anglia by train at the best of times can be problematic.

Yeah, rarely easy.

Was mentioned in the club’s video highlighting the summer works around the ground (44 projects!) that they’re looking at the traffic flow coming out of the PR car park after games, so hopefully they’ll look into the train situation too - much easier for many people and helps take the pressure off the car parks and roads.

Will see how things settle down when the strike impact is over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024