Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Burns injured... 06:56 - Sep 11 with 4207 viewsITFCBlues

Who do we think starts at Sheff Wed? Jackson? Or do we think Hutchinson is ready to start now?

My concern with Hutchinson is can he do the defensive work?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

With Burns injured... on 07:30 - Sep 11 with 3171 viewsArnieM

He must definitively can do the defensive roll. When he and Williams both came on it was very noticeable how they worked so well together in both attacking and defending modes. I’m
Afraid For me , Burns appears lazy when it comes to tracking back (he left, in my opinion, Clark very exposed at times v Cardiff).

I would bring in both Williams and Hutch vs Weds and give Clark a chance to get that Achilles tendon problem done proper rehab time , and I’d give Burns a proper rehab time too. Hamstring injuries are notorious for rumbling on ( just as Achilles tendinopathies are too). We’ve got a good squad now, let’s utilise it.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

With Burns injured... on 08:01 - Sep 11 with 3058 viewsMetal_Hacker

Think it'd be Jackson - he had a decent game there last season

Poll: If it were one or the other

With Burns injured... on 08:15 - Sep 11 with 3044 viewshomer_123

With Burns injured... on 07:30 - Sep 11 by ArnieM

He must definitively can do the defensive roll. When he and Williams both came on it was very noticeable how they worked so well together in both attacking and defending modes. I’m
Afraid For me , Burns appears lazy when it comes to tracking back (he left, in my opinion, Clark very exposed at times v Cardiff).

I would bring in both Williams and Hutch vs Weds and give Clark a chance to get that Achilles tendon problem done proper rehab time , and I’d give Burns a proper rehab time too. Hamstring injuries are notorious for rumbling on ( just as Achilles tendinopathies are too). We’ve got a good squad now, let’s utilise it.

Hmm, 'lazy' is the one criticism that I don't think can be placed at Burns's door.

The amount of ground he covers is phenomenal, his work ethic and rate is fantastic.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

With Burns injured... on 08:21 - Sep 11 with 3003 viewsHerbivore

With Burns injured... on 08:15 - Sep 11 by homer_123

Hmm, 'lazy' is the one criticism that I don't think can be placed at Burns's door.

The amount of ground he covers is phenomenal, his work ethic and rate is fantastic.

Indeed. Some of the things our fans say about our players are very weird.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

With Burns injured... on 08:24 - Sep 11 with 2972 viewsGlasgowBlue

If fit, I’d push Clarke up into Burns position with Williams behind him.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

With Burns injured... on 08:26 - Sep 11 with 2965 viewsDubtractor

Probably Jackson. He clearly trusts him in that position, then bring Hutchinson on against tired legs to help add our 4th and 5th goals.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

^^^This^^^ on 08:40 - Sep 11 with 2916 viewsunstableblue

With Burns injured... on 08:26 - Sep 11 by Dubtractor

Probably Jackson. He clearly trusts him in that position, then bring Hutchinson on against tired legs to help add our 4th and 5th goals.

Yes Jackson to rip into their left back and stretch the defence - will be interesting to see if it is Clarke or Williams to be supplying him.

Hopefully some good crossing supply from Jackson to Caplin and I assume Freddie.

(Don’t forget Jackson started and I think scored at Hillsborough?!)

Then Hutchison to bamboozle the tired left back, and cement the win.

I do think Wednesday are going to treat this as a bit of a turning point game. Try and get their season back on track against a former league one team.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

With Burns injured... on 08:43 - Sep 11 with 2893 viewsITFCBlues

With Burns injured... on 08:24 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Christ. No way. One of the important factors in our success has been burns pace.

I'd probably opt for Jackson myself. He's done a decent job there previously.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

^^^This^^^ on 09:01 - Sep 11 with 2833 viewsBlueBoots

^^^This^^^ on 08:40 - Sep 11 by unstableblue

Yes Jackson to rip into their left back and stretch the defence - will be interesting to see if it is Clarke or Williams to be supplying him.

Hopefully some good crossing supply from Jackson to Caplin and I assume Freddie.

I do think Wednesday are going to treat this as a bit of a turning point game. Try and get their season back on track against a former league one team.

If Sheffield Wednesday want to play a high defensive line, Jackson will make them think twice about it and could punish them if they do. If they're going to allow us possession and get everyone behind the ball, might be more of a game for Hutchinson. Nice to have options even if Burns is out

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

With Burns injured... on 09:07 - Sep 11 with 2803 viewsBiGDonnie

With Burns injured... on 07:30 - Sep 11 by ArnieM

Where to even start with this utter shambles of a post.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

With Burns injured... on 09:08 - Sep 11 with 2796 viewsBiGDonnie

With Burns injured... on 08:24 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

No chance, not with Hutchinson available. He should get the nod, quality against Reading and when he came on against Cardiff.

COYBs

^^^This^^^ on 09:09 - Sep 11 with 2791 viewsBiGDonnie

^^^This^^^ on 08:40 - Sep 11 by unstableblue

What do you think about the mighty Leeds fans though?

COYBs

With Burns injured... on 09:18 - Sep 11 with 2741 viewsSomethingBlue

Hopefully Burns starts as doesn't sound very severe from what Page says. Otherwise it's Jackson, no question.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

With Burns injured... on 09:20 - Sep 11 with 2709 viewsJon_456

I actually think we’ve been quite fortunate with it being two away games, they’ll probably suit Jackson with his work rate and pace more so than any game at home.
With Burns injured... on 09:22 - Sep 11 with 2683 viewsBiGDonnie

With Burns injured... on 09:18 - Sep 11 by SomethingBlue

Hopefully Burns starts as doesn't sound very severe from what Page says. Otherwise it's Jackson, no question.

Even after Hutchinson's last couple of performances? I'd start him 100% and use Jackson from the bench.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 9:32]

COYBs

With Burns injured... on 09:28 - Sep 11 with 2655 viewstractorboy1978

With Burns injured... on 09:18 - Sep 11 by SomethingBlue

Yes, sounded precautionary. Mate of mine saw him walking yesterday so obviously nothing major!
With Burns injured... on 09:33 - Sep 11 with 2618 viewsSomethingBlue

With Burns injured... on 09:22 - Sep 11 by BiGDonnie

Even after Hutchinson's last couple of performances? I'd start him 100% and use Jackson from the bench.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 9:32]

Yep, I think in a tight away game (and probably any game at the moment) you go with Jackson, who knows what it takes positionally and tactically. Hutchinson is starting to look exciting from the bench, which is good news, but I don't think that makes him ready for a start – looking purely from the outside as we all are, of course.

With Burns injured... on 09:53 - Sep 11 with 2538 views_clive_baker_

With Hirst potentially out he might go for Jackson through the middle, he started there last season IIRC and scored early in that 2-2 where we were robbed.

I would probably go with that, which would leave Hutchinson starting on the right. Or maybe Scarlett comes in from the start with Jackson on the right. We might think their pace running in behind is better suited against Wednesday's back like than Ladapo.

The safer bet is probably Ladapo through the middle and Jackson on the right, beat them up for an hour and use Hutchinson and Scarlett off the bench in the 2nd half, but wouldn't be overly surprised if we deviate from that and keep Ladapo as a bench option.

Will be interesting to see what he goes with

[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 9:58]
With Burns injured... on 09:54 - Sep 11 with 2534 viewsGlasgowBlue

With Burns injured... on 09:08 - Sep 11 by BiGDonnie

No chance, not with Hutchinson available. He should get the nod, quality against Reading and when he came on against Cardiff.

Hutchinson has come on leaps and bounds with each game but he’s not ready yet for a start imo. Still prone to giving the odd ball away, which will be punished in this league.

Iron Lion Zion

With Burns injured... on 09:56 - Sep 11 with 2518 viewsGlasgowBlue

With Burns injured... on 09:53 - Sep 11 by _clive_baker_

With Hirst potentially out he might go for Jackson through the middle, he started there last season IIRC and scored early in that 2-2 where we were robbed.

I would probably go with that, which would leave Hutchinson starting on the right. Or maybe Scarlett comes in from the start with Jackson on the right. We might think their pace running in behind is better suited against Wednesday's back like than Ladapo.

The safer bet is probably Ladapo through the middle and Jackson on the right, beat them up for an hour and use Hutchinson and Scarlett off the bench in the 2nd half, but wouldn't be overly surprised if we deviate from that and keep Ladapo as a bench option.

Will be interesting to see what he goes with

[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 9:58]

Yeas. If a Hirst is injured then Jackson definitely through the middle like last year’s game. Scored one and forced an own goal for our second. They couldn’t cope with him.

Even with Hirst fit, KM may chose Jackson.

Iron Lion Zion

With Burns injured... on 09:58 - Sep 11 with 2504 viewsBlueBadger

With Burns injured... on 08:21 - Sep 11 by Herbivore

Indeed. Some of the things our fans say about our players are very weird.

Poor old Arnie never got over Cookie getting the push.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

With Burns injured... on 10:01 - Sep 11 with 2487 viewsStokieBlue

With Burns injured... on 09:54 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Hutchinson has come on leaps and bounds with each game but he’s not ready yet for a start imo. Still prone to giving the odd ball away, which will be punished in this league.

I'm not sure this is really very fair.

Both Burns and Jackson give the odd ball away (at a minimum), it's more the contributions going forward that they are measured on and it should be the same for Hutchinson.

I'm that department I think he's ready and I think he's only going to improve.

Doesn't mean he will play ahead of Jackson whom I've always supported, just think comparisons should try and be fairly equal.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

With Burns injured... on 10:04 - Sep 11 with 2477 viewsSomethingBlue

With Burns injured... on 10:01 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure this is really very fair.

Both Burns and Jackson give the odd ball away (at a minimum), it's more the contributions going forward that they are measured on and it should be the same for Hutchinson.

I'm that department I think he's ready and I think he's only going to improve.

Doesn't mean he will play ahead of Jackson whom I've always supported, just think comparisons should try and be fairly equal.

SB

Dunno, have to look at their off-ball contributions and positioning as much as anything else, you can guarantee KM will be – particularly when we're defending. Think Jackson and Burns would both be far ahead of Hutchinson in that regard currently, which isn't a slight on the kid, he'll get there for sure.

With Burns injured... on 10:04 - Sep 11 with 2483 views_clive_baker_

With Burns injured... on 09:56 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Yeas. If a Hirst is injured then Jackson definitely through the middle like last year’s game. Scored one and forced an own goal for our second. They couldn’t cope with him.

Even with Hirst fit, KM may chose Jackson.

I think if 1 of Burns or Hirst is fit it becomes quite straight forward in that Jackson plays the other role. If they're both out it gets more interesting.

Obviously after the Cardiff game you might argue Ladapo deserves a start, but I much prefer him off the bench as an option. Away from home there's pressure on them to come at us, and Jackson on the counter attack is a weapon.

Personally I would probably bring Williams in for Clarke, I liked the look of him against Cardiff, seems to be getting up to speed and maybe gives us a bit better balance defensively. Longer term I think Williams - Woolfenden - Tuanzebe - Davis is a nice looking back 4 with plenty of pace, youth and quality. With Clarke and Burgess for cover. Morsy and Taylor in front of them, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Hirst as the 'front 4'. Scarlett and Hutchinson coming off the bench against tiring opposition. Starts to feel a little bit naughty.
With Burns injured... on 10:14 - Sep 11 with 2413 viewsStokieBlue

With Burns injured... on 10:04 - Sep 11 by SomethingBlue

Dunno, have to look at their off-ball contributions and positioning as much as anything else, you can guarantee KM will be – particularly when we're defending. Think Jackson and Burns would both be far ahead of Hutchinson in that regard currently, which isn't a slight on the kid, he'll get there for sure.

That's a fair point.

It's not the metric that was cited though.

For the record, I'd start with Jackson.

SB
[Post edited 11 Sep 2023 10:18]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024