Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. 17:15 - Oct 20 with 998 viewsMK1

Rotherham should be ashamed for such a late decision. Safe journey home all and respect for taking a punt.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 17:18 - Oct 20 with 963 viewsBloomBlue

Was its Rotherham's decision or was it taken by local council/police?

To be fair to Rotherham the ground is OK, it's the surrounding area which they don't have control over.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 17:20 - Oct 20 with 945 viewsMK1

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 17:18 - Oct 20 by BloomBlue

To be fair to Rotherham the ground is OK, it's the surrounding area which they don't have control over.

They have to take fans safety into account. So yes, Rotherham could have called it a lot earlier.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 17:28 - Oct 20 with 891 viewsgainsboroughblue

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 17:18 - Oct 20 by BloomBlue

There is a responsibility to ensure people can get to a game safely.

I can recall many years ago, a game v Oxford I think being postponed as the roads and paths leading to PR were treacherous.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 757 viewsBasuco

I have spoken to three Town supporting families in our hotel so far, tonight has cost a fair bit for quite a few.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:15 - Oct 20 with 726 viewsMK1

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:02 - Oct 20 by Basuco

I have spoken to three Town supporting families in our hotel so far, tonight has cost a fair bit for quite a few.

Not good. Football clubs need to realise that without fans, there is no football. More consideration needs to be given to supporters.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:24 - Oct 20 with 701 viewsgoperryrevs

Just had a delicious KFC on the M1 so it's totally worth the trip.
Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 687 viewsSwansea_Blue

It will have done, especially if you stay over. My last trip to PR cost £300 all in, and that was with leaving the family at home. I don’t know how people can afford to do that regularly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 18:40 - Oct 20 with 625 viewsnoggin

Indeed. They will get their tickets refunded, but travel and accomodation is the real expense.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Feel really sorry for those that travelled. on 19:12 - Oct 20 with 543 viewspeterleeblue

The challenge's will have been known here. This forecast was not a surprise. Its all about the money and consideration for fans is secondary.

This whole SKY thing needs looking at. Ipswich fans travelling to Yorkshire on a Friday night.
TBH its not even a particularly high profile game.

Looking at tomorrows fixtures there isnt really a fixture that would make a more sensible choice.
Perhaps the fixture computer can be "programmed" to ensure there is a more obvious Friday evening fixture that "works" for away supporters.

Dont know the answer but this situation is not acceptable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024