Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ken Bean RIP 09:26 - Nov 30 with 1954 viewsgainsboroughblue

Former Chev Club and First Floor club owner. Seemed to own half of the houses on London Road for a time too Should imagine a lot of Ipswich folk of a certain vintage will remember him and Maria (Hello darlink)

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ken Bean RIP on 09:46 - Nov 30 with 1887 viewsearlsgreenblue

And the Maltings in Stowmarket! RIP Ken.
Ken Bean RIP on 09:59 - Nov 30 with 1871 viewsDJR

I went on a memorable Ipswich hockey club skiing trip to Bulgaria with him, Neal Manning and Stuart Jarrold back in the mid 80s.

To say that the first two were characters is an understatement.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 10:14]
Ken Bean RIP on 10:25 - Nov 30 with 1825 viewsLord_Lucan

Hollywoods really killed the First Floor didn’t it.

They used to park a double decker bus opposite First Floor entrance and give the punters a free lift to Hollywoods, it also coincided with the Acid House scene and First Floor was simply left behind.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ken Bean RIP on 10:51 - Nov 30 with 1765 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ken Bean RIP on 10:25 - Nov 30 by Lord_Lucan

Hollywoods really killed the First Floor didn’t it.

They used to park a double decker bus opposite First Floor entrance and give the punters a free lift to Hollywoods, it also coincided with the Acid House scene and First Floor was simply left behind.

The acid house scene also had an adverse effect on my sex life.

Pre 1988 you went to a nightclub, propped up the bar until the last slow song at about 2am and then got hold of whoever had caught your eye that evening.

As soon as acid house came n the scene they dropped the slowie, stayed open 'till 4am and the birds wanted to fcuk off to an allnighter at a barn in the middle of Weeley.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ken Bean RIP on 11:24 - Nov 30 with 1712 viewsblueasfook

Ken Bean RIP on 10:51 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

The acid house scene also had an adverse effect on my sex life.

Pre 1988 you went to a nightclub, propped up the bar until the last slow song at about 2am and then got hold of whoever had caught your eye that evening.

As soon as acid house came n the scene they dropped the slowie, stayed open 'till 4am and the birds wanted to fcuk off to an allnighter at a barn in the middle of Weeley.

Yeah but during the acid house scene, all the girls were on Es and speed and much more up for it!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ken Bean RIP on 13:49 - Nov 30 with 1593 viewsPhilTWTD

A Town shareholder and AGM regular as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ken Bean RIP on 22:06 - Nov 30 with 1356 viewsDJR

Ken Bean RIP on 09:59 - Nov 30 by DJR

I went on a memorable Ipswich hockey club skiing trip to Bulgaria with him, Neal Manning and Stuart Jarrold back in the mid 80s.

One thing from that trip especially springs to mind.

A few of us were playing poker in Ken's hotel room late at night, with the stakes at around a pound or two, but at one stage either Ken or Neal Manning decided to up the ante and increase the stake to £100. There then ensured a bidding war between the two, with each determined not to back down, such that the stake reached from recollection around £300 or £400 (a lot of money in those days). The rest of us looked on in amazement, having for obvious reasons thrown in our hands.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 22:37]
Ken Bean RIP on 08:15 - Dec 1 with 1223 viewsBluespeed225

Ken Bean RIP on 09:59 - Nov 30 by DJR

Manning, a cricketing sh*thouse. I had him plumb LBW at John Players. He wouldn't walk, the umpire got flustered, no decision made, he stayed. He was bowled later on, 'sledged' all the way off. The bar, his usual hangout was without his presence, he slinked in, but a comment about there being no young EADT secretaries about to slime around saw him mutter something and depart. I bumped into him over Rushmere with our dogs a while later, expecting a row, but he said hello!
Login to get fewer ads

Ken Bean RIP on 10:40 - Dec 1 with 1172 viewsLord_Lucan

Ken Bean RIP on 08:15 - Dec 1 by Bluespeed225

Manning, a cricketing sh*thouse. I had him plumb LBW at John Players. He wouldn't walk, the umpire got flustered, no decision made, he stayed. He was bowled later on, 'sledged' all the way off. The bar, his usual hangout was without his presence, he slinked in, but a comment about there being no young EADT secretaries about to slime around saw him mutter something and depart. I bumped into him over Rushmere with our dogs a while later, expecting a row, but he said hello!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381473/amp/Umpire-70-assaulted-pushed-

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ken Bean RIP on 15:07 - Dec 1 with 1049 viewsBluespeed225

Ken Bean RIP on 10:40 - Dec 1 by Lord_Lucan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381473/amp/Umpire-70-assaulted-pushed-

He'd got previous! Our run in was summer 1995 or 96 I reckon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024