Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freddie going 17:07 - Jan 21 with 1291 viewsnodge_blue

Do we think Freddie going last Friday is a sign of an imminent incoming striker?

Or do we think we had agreed with him that he could leave and therefore it wasnt worth holding onto him any longer?

The obvious lack of Jackson cover for Leicester is a bit weird. Unless the new young lad can now maybe play more minutes.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Freddie going on 17:10 - Jan 21 with 1276 viewsSitfcB

‘Do we think Freddie going last Friday is a sign of an imminent incoming striker?’

I did when it was first heard of, but not now, as it would’ve been a case of him going and us announcing a new signing almost straight away.

Plus all the strikers we’ve been linked with (Gallagher, Moore and Stansfield) all involved with their current clubs this weekend.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Freddie going on 17:11 - Jan 21 with 1251 viewsHerbivore

Hard to say for sure. At the very least I'd say it means we're confident of bringing a striker in soon because we wouldn't want to be going into the last 19 games of the season with Jackson as our only fit number 9.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Freddie going on 17:16 - Jan 21 with 1228 viewsberkstractorboy

Freddie going on 17:10 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

‘Do we think Freddie going last Friday is a sign of an imminent incoming striker?’

I did when it was first heard of, but not now, as it would’ve been a case of him going and us announcing a new signing almost straight away.

Plus all the strikers we’ve been linked with (Gallagher, Moore and Stansfield) all involved with their current clubs this weekend.

Unless its someone none of us heard about. Even if we promised Fred out this really makes no sense until we got more cover in unless he was being so disruptive. Just because others were ahead of him in recent games doesn't mean he can't be needed if other injuries.

Could be the person/people we are likely to get wouldn't be in before LCFC but will be to be ready for next league game lowering the risk if Fred goes.
Freddie going on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 1193 viewsFrimleyBlue

No. I think after not using him last week. KM was comfortable that he didn't need him Monday so why risk charlton pulling out of the deal.

It's freed up some wages a squad place and altho we don't think he was anyway, it stops an unhappy player sitting on the bench for another game.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Freddie going on 17:51 - Jan 21 with 1038 viewsnodge_blue

Freddie going on 17:11 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Hard to say for sure. At the very least I'd say it means we're confident of bringing a striker in soon because we wouldn't want to be going into the last 19 games of the season with Jackson as our only fit number 9.

Exactly, but given clubs can change their minds last second i was surprised that Freddie went first.

I guess Charlton may have had other targets too and maybe we didnt want to mess Freddie about.

But it does ramp up our pressure.
[Post edited 21 Jan 17:52]

Freddie going on 17:53 - Jan 21 with 1010 viewsFrimleyBlue

Freddie going on 17:51 - Jan 21 by nodge_blue

Exactly, but given clubs can change their minds last second i was surprised that Freddie went first.

I guess Charlton may have had other targets too and maybe we didnt want to mess Freddie about.

But it does ramp up our pressure.
[Post edited 21 Jan 17:52]

I don't think freddie was offering us anything when he was coming on and perhaps KM felt the same. Its alright having someone on the bench but pointless if there's no use for him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Freddie going on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 1010 viewsnodge_blue

Freddie going on 17:10 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

Yes true. We must believe Gallagher can still be done. Maybe the scouting on Saturday was partly assessing his fitness after his injury and a new bid.

Freddie going on 18:01 - Jan 21 with 936 viewspointofblue

Imminent as in before the end of the window, but not necessarily this week. My concern is one of the two will be Scarlett. If it is, I hope these words come back to haunt me.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Freddie going on 18:47 - Jan 21 with 849 viewsBlueBoots

Whoever we sign (and we will sign at least one No.9) would have been unlikely to be thrown in for a start at Leicester; KJ can do that, and there are several players we can ask to do a job there off the bench, and we were doing that even when Freddie was still here.

We have up to 10 days to find the right player, as other than a cup game which we should win at a canter, we have 14 days until the next league game. We clearly have targets in mind, but they may be subject to the selling clubs bringing in replacements; Leicester is just one game - would be foolish to move on to potential signings that are further down "the list" just to get someone through the door for that.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Freddie going on 19:02 - Jan 21 with 776 viewsScuzzer

I actually think Freddie going may prove to be a big mistake.

Established 1968

Freddie going on 19:08 - Jan 21 with 756 viewsHerbivore

Freddie going on 19:02 - Jan 21 by Scuzzer

I actually think Freddie going may prove to be a big mistake.

He's offered nothing in ages really, so not sure I agree. Been a great servant in his time here but looks out of his depth at this level in this team.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024