Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ho hum. Very much one of those games. 16:24 - Jan 27 with 863 viewsDubtractor

Clearly today was Maidstone's day. Everything had to go right for them, and that's exactly what happened. 2 shots, 2 goals. We missed enough chances to win several games. Looked like a penalty to me when Edmondson got booked.

Obviously its rubbish, but the bedwetting on here is astonishing. How do you guys cope when you face actual adversity in real life, if you lose it so badly over a game of football?

There were some poor performers for us, Ball Aluko, Taylor and Broadhead on particular. Hutchinson once again flatters to deceive when starting. I remain very much unconvinced by Tuanzebe. But despite that we had enough about us and the game should have been out of sight after 15 minutes.
[Post edited 27 Jan 18:14]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:27 - Jan 27 with 819 viewspointofblue

"Obviously its rubbish, but the bedwetting on here is astonishing. How do you guys cope when you face actual adversity in real life, if you lose it so badly over a game of football?"

This might sound stupid but, for me, this is how I handle real adversity - by deflecting the emotions onto football so I can cope with the real serious stuff properly.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:33 - Jan 27 with 774 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Oh piss off with all that personal stuff. It’s a monumental upset and one of the worst results in our history. People can react to that and have their say. That’s what fans do. What an earth gives you got the right to comment on how people handle adversity in their life’s.

Theres going to be emotion after results that what makes sport great.

Personally I don’t care at all about the cup this year (as a competition) but I do care about being on the end of that result. It’s a national story.
Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:38 - Jan 27 with 746 viewsFtnfwest

Not great but just one of those days tbh. Made more than enough chances to win by six. Far more angry when we were outclassed twice and dumped out by lincoln
Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:40 - Jan 27 with 726 viewsDubtractor

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:27 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

"Obviously its rubbish, but the bedwetting on here is astonishing. How do you guys cope when you face actual adversity in real life, if you lose it so badly over a game of football?"

This might sound stupid but, for me, this is how I handle real adversity - by deflecting the emotions onto football so I can cope with the real serious stuff properly.

That's fair enough. Still think a lot of the responses are way OTT though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:42 - Jan 27 with 700 viewspointofblue

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:40 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Honestly, I'm still fuming. Two hours after full time. It was a dreadful result which will sit with the club for ever more.

I know it's wrong, but Morsy wound me up further with "... but you can never question the desire and the application of the players..." Sorry, but if they had applied themselves properly, they would have won.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:47 - Jan 27 with 635 viewsBlueBadger

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:40 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

I think literally the only positive you can take from it is that it's an embarrassing cup result rather than a league one and maybe adds a bit of urgency to Ashton's new striker mission.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 603 viewsbackwaywhen

Spot on summary of the game , it was / is one of those cup stories that crop up every now and again , although I’m disappointed not only at the loss but the national coverage it will receive.
All that said we now have to seriously get back to finding our mo-Jo as a team / squad if we’re to remain serious promotion challenges………In McKenna we trust .
Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:53 - Jan 27 with 575 viewsDubtractor

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:38 - Jan 27 by Ftnfwest

Not great but just one of those days tbh. Made more than enough chances to win by six. Far more angry when we were outclassed twice and dumped out by lincoln

Exactly this. I was more annoyed by the two Lincoln games as they outclassed us twice.

Of course today is a dreadful result, but its one that came about as a result of everything going their way, rather than us being dreadful. Don't get me wrong, we weren't exactly great either, but 38 shots to 2, and a hatful of absolute sitters missed, tells its own story.

It did highlight very clearly just how important it is that we get a couple of strikers in this week though.

Login to get fewer ads

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 17:00 - Jan 27 with 532 viewsRobTheMonk

Dreadful result in a game we utterly dominated in all stars apart from the one that matters.

Seems like a huge anomaly of a result.

However... strikers needed. And the passing tempo has to increase along with having a plan B when things are not going to plan.
Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 17:11 - Jan 27 with 457 viewsFtnfwest

Ho hum. Very much one of those games. on 16:53 - Jan 27 by Dubtractor

Exactly this. I was more annoyed by the two Lincoln games as they outclassed us twice.

Of course today is a dreadful result, but its one that came about as a result of everything going their way, rather than us being dreadful. Don't get me wrong, we weren't exactly great either, but 38 shots to 2, and a hatful of absolute sitters missed, tells its own story.

It did highlight very clearly just how important it is that we get a couple of strikers in this week though.

No criticism of Maidstone because it was the only way they were going to win but it’s unusual for us to play a side effectively playing 10-0-0 as a formation and sitting in their area all the time. An early goal would probably have killed it and I thought tbf the tempo early on was fine. Aside from aluko I probably would have played that side too. Have to use it as a kick up the backside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024